Possible reasons behind Rich Slide

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich has been overhyped in the real world (particularly W.A.) and underhyped on BigFooty, but the recruiters will get it right on draft day, and he will go at #3/#4, which is about right.

Does anyone actually see him slipping past #3???

I honestly didn't but the Hill talk is really worrying me now, the more i hear it the more i worry.

I think it will be a monumental **** up if the Dockers overlook this kid. One of the worst mistake the club will ever make IMO.
Beep tests and that shit doesnt make a player. I'm sure you will find Joel Selwood doesnt excell athletically but hes a damn fine footballer.

Ben Cousins beep tests were always relatively shit, compared to other players at the club.. yet he is regarded as one of the hardest running midfielder?

Beep test doesn't tell the whole story.

My 16yr old sister who plays abit of basketball on the weekend gets over 13. How a player who trainins 2-3 times a week and plays as a midfielder only gets that range raises question marks.

Ben Cousins beep tests were always relatively shit, compared to other players at the club.. yet he is regarded as one of the hardest running midfielder?

Wasn't Cousins running 15s at WCE ? He wasn't the best beep test runner but was well up there IIRC.

Anyone that's seen Rich live would question his running ability ... he's definitely not a gut runner.

Cousins didnt get the top times but he got over 15. Rosa and Rojo used to top the times when Ben was there, they would get about 15.8

lack of Endurance is the main one (low beep tests)
Short arms and mature body some others.
I remember some chubby unfit ranga SA kid going at no 1 a few years back.
Adam something. Goes alright now aparently.

Does anyone actually see him slipping past #3???

I honestly didn't but the Hill talk is really worrying me now, the more i hear it the more i worry.

I think it will be a monumental **** up if the Dockers overlook this kid. One of the worst mistake the club will ever make IMO.
Beep tests and that shit doesnt make a player. I'm sure you will find Joel Selwood doesnt excell athletically but hes a damn fine footballer.
:eek: wow....you must really rate him

while Essendon, with pick No. 5, is expected to go for a key position player with Mal Michael retired and Dustin Fletcher, Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas not that far away from doing so.

That player would be Tyrone Vickery,

Ok, so we lose Mal Michael and Dustin Fletcher's about to retire so we take a ruckman that plays up forward? Makes sense. We already have Gumbleton and Neagle to fill the future KPF positions with Ryder and Pears to be our key defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the article linked in the OP:

"Early beep tests (10.7) suggested a query on endurance, although that was from Rich's time at the AIS in January, 2007.

He has since increased that test to 13.01, which while passable is a fair way from the elite midfield runners. "

Ryder is your next CHF or full back. - Agreed

You do need a young ruckman if Hille, Laycock and Bellchambers are your rucks.

Seems the Blues could do with him as well; The big Kreuze Missile seems a little in the Josh Fraser class - not quite a ruckman or a KPF, but a good bit of both.

Cloke & Hampson are servicable at best.

If I were a Bluebagger (thank God I'm not!!:D), I'd be hoping Vickery slides, not Rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible reasons behind Rich Slide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back