Autopsy Post game Pies loss to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinclair - 10 marks
Witts - 0 marks

Witts is a dead weight in the forward line and Grundy has him covered around the ground. Our ruck department was much better early in the year with Grundy number 1 and White helping out.

Gotta go.

Give Mason Cox a game

Our performances vs the top 12 teams in the AFL

Adelaide: Big loss

Geelong: Big loss

Richmond: Close loss

North: Close win

GWS: Close win

Fremantle: Brave loss

Hawthorn: Brave loss

Port: Brave loss

West Coast: Big loss

Shows we are a LONG way off being a good team, all we have really beaten is the bottom 6 and scrapped a close win against 7th and 9th
Yes but we already know that.

One I could take, even two, last week I was hulk like angry, tonight I'm just disappointed in that we just aren't good enough when it matters most.

We never play the dome well and today was no different. Injuries going in didn't help, but Cloke was a massive loss. Had enough footy, but kept breaking down on the wing due to a lack of target and poor skills. If it were at the g we'd have been more able to chip it around to accommodate losing Cloke. Disappointing game, because west coast are ordinary.

If the last month is anything to go by lock Hawthorn in for the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just depression talking. If Cloke had the chance Grundy did at a few contests he would have eaten them alive. And there were a good 4 of them. After watching Grundy and White not get near marking in the air tonight I have a greater appreciation for Cloke's contested marking power.

So Cloke would of taken a few more marks and kicked points? How would that of changed the result

If Paul Keating was watching, he'd say "This is the thrashing we had to have."
Bucks has Little choice, wishful thinking, of playing Sharenberg and a couple of others.

at 8 and 7 finals is a long shot looking at the personnel. Time to get some games into those playing well in the VFL. The Seed has done his dash, White is limited but also a victim of the way Buckley wants us to play.

Missed Cloke my arse, they destroyed us all over the ground and should have won by 60 plus, the thing that irks me is the game plan looks shot against good sides, every goal is like pulling teeth for us, EVERYTHING we do is just bloody hard work even kicking to a loose man. Again that high press Buckley loves cost us at least 3 goals today because when it fails the opposition get out the back.
This has happened so much in the last 4 weeks it's not funny!
I have been rather diplomatic up to this point this year and been positive on the whole but no more! not when all the promise gets sucked out of another season and have to watch the same crap as last year and a team full of pretenders who let down the half a dozen or so who actually bleed every game!

Now we see why he was not getting games at AFL Level
And yet it's his first full game for a while. He's more capable than his display tonight. When a team kicks 21 points, maybe there's something a bit unusual about, I don't know, the dew on the ball, the way it floats. F#&k know's what but that was terrible.

Our performances vs the top 12 teams in the AFL

Adelaide: Big loss

Geelong: Big loss

Richmond: Close loss

North: Close win

GWS: Close win

Fremantle: Brave loss

Hawthorn: Brave loss

Port: Brave loss

West Coast: Big loss

Shows we are a LONG way off being a good team, all we have really beaten is the bottom 6 and scrapped a close win against 7th and 9th
7 goals is a close win while 5 goals is a big loss?

Trying to think straight.
Seedsman: very disappointing shouldn't play again this year
Kennedy: Disposal poor when he could stay on his feet
White: VFL son until you can mark and Kick would rather see Gault or Moore get a shot

losing Cloke was disappointing but cannot be used as a excuse we had our chances but couldnt mark it up forward and the amount of times we put it out on the full :(

Dogs might run us of our feet next week

Toovey, White, Witts and seedsman need to go. I know clinton young is pretty bad but he is better then seedsman!!! White offers us nothing as usual just useless altogether. And****** feet! The only players that can hold there head is pendles, fas and varcoe! The rest need a good look at themselves

Really, remember the game against the Gold Coast. Dropped a mark an under 12 player would've taken. No thanks!

West Coast are very good. Their system has been working very well. I did not expect to win and if you look at some of the cricket scores they've been kicking, we did well to limit them imo. Its been a similar story over the last few weekes. We don't take our chances when they come. Even in that last quarter its painful to watch them hold it in our forward line for significant time, kick 4 behinds and then watch the opposition run it down the other end for an easy goal.

7 goals is a close win while 5 goals is a big loss?

You have to take into account the games themselves. GWS had ZERO players on the bench and we got a few cheapies late, while Adelaide dominated us all game then took the foot off the gas late and we got a few cheapies in the final quarter when the game was over. In terms of how the game was actually played, the GWS game was really close while Adelaide had us easily covered when the game was in dispute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post game Pies loss to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back