Post 'game plans' here

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought it would be a good idea since all the talk is about our 'game plan' and it needs changing.
Some ideas to kick it off;
Bomb it long to Sav and Thommo, let the crumbers crumb.
Bomb it long to a contest.
Just let them play football.
I'm sure all the footy minds out there will come up with heaps more, then we can pick the best ones and submit them to the coaching panel.

***Mods can you sticky this please***

1. Introduce some pace to the midfield via rotations.
2. Simmo to become the loose player in defence, and no more midfield role other than ctr bounces.
3. Re-emphasie accountabliity and intensity at the contest.
4. Drop Drew Petrie and bring him back at Round 19 for 3 games to increase his trade value.
5. Le Cras and CJ to play CHF as a duo
6. Makepeace to come into the team and play forward pocket/half forward.
7. Drop Harding as per Petrie
8. Thats just the start for now, will come back with more later when l have time.

Wrath

Wrath said:
1. Introduce some pace to the midfield via rotations.

Agree, Harding for Swallow/McConnell

2. Simmo to become the loose player in defence, and no more midfield role other than ctr bounces.

not against that. Good in the air, reads te play well, kicking could be a problem in terms of run out but i reckon Simmo could handle it.

3. Re-emphasie accountabliity and intensity at the contest.

Yep.

4. Drop Drew Petrie and bring him back at Round 19 for 3 games to increase his trade value.

Disagree. Drew's been OK and has been working just about as hard as anyone out there. Dropping him takes away a bit of the emphasis you called for in point 3.

I don't disagree with a possible trade at the end of the year though. Time to stop bagging Petrie in the interests of increasing his value. Use the main board as a tool to build up all things Petrie- there is a chance the media will pick up on it. It is our duty.

5. Le Cras and CJ to play CHF as a duo

No, but they need to lead especially hard up the ground. That is the only reason i like Le Cras, he actualy works towards the ball.

6. Makepeace to come into the team and play forward pocket/half forward.

Maybe, but no. Grant is too inconsistent - make him an almost permanent forward. He could kick bags, and doesn't have to be as accountable as a midfielder needs to be Tailor made. With Simmo and Grant out it leads to a total rejig. Swallow, McConnel, Grima, Urch, Trotter shoud be midfield contenders.

7. Drop Harding

Yep - see point 1.

For starters...

1. Emphasis on kicking skills at training. Do nothing else but kicking and running until we can hit a damn target in our sleep.

2. Emphasis of running in numbers and suppoting your mate. Sickens me to see our ineptitude in this area.

3. Be more positive in the midfield and have the personnel to carry it out (ie. limit of defensive players at one time).

scottywiper said:
McConnell is a lot of things, but he ain't quick.

He is not slow.

The only real jet who isn't playing is Swallow (or maybe Sansbury), but adding an extra midfielder to the rotation should increase the overall consistent pace of the group.

PLus, McConnell seems to be one of those players that has a lot of time and will be able to release guys like Wells and Boomer to run. A lot to be put on a 19 year old, but desperate times call for you to try something.

how did a post taking the pi$$ get stickied???

if it's not taking the pi$$...Bomb it long??? great game plan.

heres one, kick 25 goals....nah to hard....kick more goals than the other team. There that should see us make the eight.

Running in numbers is great but it means you need to be unaccoutable! The way the Crows play is, if you can't get to your man then get far enough away from him so if there is a turnover you will be free. Thats why you will often see 3 or 4 free in the midfield because they back their mates to win the ball.

But what is amazing with the Crows is how many times you see their backman run forward of center. I wasn't at the game so I don't know who Massie was playing on but he and McLoad managed to carry the ball forward way to many times.

-Get an attacking mindset. The skills are awful yes, but the explanation for their sudden drop-off cant be purely physical.

Wells is as naturally skillful as anyone going around, and showed this in his firswt couple of years, but he has turned into a scrubber. Surely it is a result of this awful gameplan Laidley has employed.

-Be consistent with personnel and structural decisions. Dont leave Hay or Watt rot at fallback if they're not up to it, but move Petrie around willy-nilly if he doesnt get a kick for 5 minutes. Dont proclaim a youth movement before the season, and then drop the improving McIntosh after 3 games.

-Make some tough calls. Drop Grant or Rawlings, let the oldtimers know that mediocrity will no longre be accepted.

-TRY TO WIN THE F**KING GAME! I know its the same as my first point, but it needs to be remphasised. If we're going to lose, thats something we can handle. But this poonsey chip game leaves us unsatisfied and it appears that little physical effort is actually exerted. A fast paced game with plenty of opportunity to display hardness at the ball is really appreciated by us fans. At least we can see the players have had a dip. Its a different story watching this keepings off bull shyte.

Id rather lose 22 goals to 17, than be killed silently and without a whimper in these current brand of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for stickying this, I know its a bit of a p*** take but I got sick of ppl talking about changing the game plan and only offering up ideas like 'bomb it long' etc.

Heres an idea lets get the ball, say forward of centre, and chip the fricking ball 5-6 times into our defencive 50 and then basicly hand the ball to our opp so they can kick a goal (if this doesn't work i suggest just placing the ball on the ground in the opp's goal sqr so they can do it easier). OR lets run the lines and then get the ball to our forwards, say 50 out only to see the fwds get confussed about what to do when they get it and chip it to an opp player.

MY REAL SUGGESTION: Run the lines get the pill to the fwds and MAKE them kick the thing at the sticks!!!!! If you cannot kick the ball 50 mtrs STAY HOME!! If Wells gets a clearance he is to only have running shots at goal from 70 out (last week 50 50 ratio). If our new FB gets it he is only to handball it to Gibbo who is to boot the cr@p out of it into the centre. No more of the chippety chip chip game and play the wings cr@p. I want to see them TAKE CHANCES!!!!

The Zebra said:
Maybe, but no. Grant is too inconsistent - make him an almost permanent forward. He could kick bags, and doesn't have to be as accountable as a midfielder needs to be Tailor made. With Simmo and Grant out it leads to a total rejig. Swallow, McConnel, Grima, Urch, Trotter shoud be midfield contenders.

My argument for Makey in the forward line is that he is quite skillfull without being brilliant, but is creative, runs through the lines and likes to create. His days in the backline are numbered as the grind of being accounatable on the opposition small forward has driven him nuts. He needs to be let free and have his head and see what we get. l'd suggest the midfield or the woings but l am not sure about his endurance running both ways and this would still involve accountability.

l think it' s something worth considering. l'm not against Shagger being in there too, but they are different types of players and we can have them both in there.

Wrath

Wrath said:
My argument for Makey in the forward line is that he is quite skillfull without being brilliant, but is creative, runs through the lines and likes to create.
It worked for Craig Sholl and is worth giving it a try. He is a smart player and no-one else is crumbing atm.

Football is a simple game.

gameplan.jpg

Kick a bigger score than the opposition.

Don't care which players are picked, whether we flood, will even forgive chip kicks backwards & sideways.

Just want a win this week.

Lidge said:
Kick a bigger score than the opposition.

Don't care which players are picked, whether we flood, will even forgive chip kicks backwards & sideways.

Just want a win this week.

You can't have your cake and eat it too Lidge. Chip kicks backwards are a massive sign that the ball is unlikely to reach our Fwd50 without a contest thus a highly probable turnover. What is required here is more runners BREAKING the LINES and creating space that allow North to find advancing the ball more quickly and if Sav is included, we may have a reliable lead and kick from 50, that's when the fun starts, does freo man up or play zone, does Sav pass it on quickly or have a shot or better yet, look for Thommo one on one honoured on the lead and if there is two guys back on Thommo, then surely we have an extra player LOOSE somewhere?? Let it be Wellsy!! :thumbsu:

Sandgroper35 said:
Football is a simple game.

gameplan.jpg

I like that.

However , what about 31 , to 4 , to 23

or

31 (or 1) , to a spillage to 8 to 23

Win the centre clearance and kick it down the guts!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Post 'game plans' here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back