Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

Lm2lBzSl.png

So when posting this I wanted to see who is getting what speeds from what companies.

If some of you would be kind enough (may be a bit privacy invasive so keep it general) let me know what plan/area you are in? Telstra has been giving me hassles with their horrible support and billing teams, and the speeds have just been pretty bad. I'm looking to change over to another company.

Anyone have Dodo internet? That Xbox One looks tempting to make some cash off of? I pay around 110 for what I get (500 GB and like 7mbps 20-30 ping 0.50 upload). I'm aware that it'll cost like $20 more on Dodo to actually get off there default adsl 1.5 (which for some reason they feel that is fine to do). There plans are unlimited though, just worried about the speeds. I've seen a bunch of reviews about them being bad like a lot more than positive but my mate has been with them a few months and besides having to pay extra a month, his speeds are ok (doesn't live near me) and got the Xbox One within two business days.

I'm around the Carrum Downs/Skye to Frankston area if anyone is around there.

Currently using my hotspot:

3509229852.png

So when posting this I wanted to see who is getting what speeds from what companies.

If some of you would be kind enough (may be a bit privacy invasive so keep it general) let me know what plan/area you are in? Telstra has been giving me hassles with their horrible support and billing teams, and the speeds have just been pretty bad. I'm looking to change over to another company.

Anyone have Dodo internet? That Xbox One looks tempting to make some cash off of? I pay around 110 for what I get (500 GB and like 7mbps 20-30 ping 0.50 upload). I'm aware that it'll cost like $20 more on Dodo to actually get off there default adsl 1.5 (which for some reason they feel that is fine to do). There plans are unlimited though, just worried about the speeds. I've seen a bunch of reviews about them being bad like a lot more than positive but my mate has been with them a few months and besides having to pay extra a month, his speeds are ok (doesn't live near me) and got the Xbox One within two business days.

I'm around the Carrum Downs/Skye to Frankston area if anyone is around there.

Currently using my hotspot:

3509229852.png
That server is quite a long way away.

Behold, my amazing download speed.

3564072996.png

3584441838.png

I'm on Labor's NBN y'all. But I only get this speed when I'm home alone and not running any torrents. Once the missus and child come home; the laptops, smart phones, tablets, consoles and digital radio all start to bring it down. On a busy night with people over, it'll sit around 60Mb/s

NBN upgrade happening in other parts of Canberra. Telstra are apparently being bitches about the whole thing and stopping anyone getting near the equipent for those of us stuck in copper. So, tonight I got home to this:

3584865078.png

At best I can only get about 4Mb thanks to the distance to the exchange (one that Telstra wanted to close) and the degraded copper. No NBN coming here though. Not now, and since the change of government (probably) not ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the original image of the top image actually has a laptop below with the speedtest. Saw it a while back. Pretty sure it's true. Amazing speeds, which I am extremely jealous of.
Yea google fibre is godly, but this would be American?

American.

Actually a Catholic University in Idaho.

Seems pretty common for the Catholic education system to have the best internet speeds....

No idea what's going on with my internet but I'm struggling to load anything.

Loving it..

Tested to a canberra server by default (not sure why)

To the Telstra Melbourne server..

Currently experiencing something similar

3650599382.png

This might look like nothing is wrong, HOWEVER "real world" testing - browsing internet sites is very painful. When entering a site address it takes a lot longer for it to pop up...... or when on bigfooty for example and loading a topic it can take some time before it becomes visible, when i'm used to it happening at the blink of an eye.

My speedtests have ranged between 3mb/s download to 12 mb/s download and upload usually ranges between 0.3 to 0.9mb/s.

Also i'm used to the speedtest getting to the highest point and staying there, however since this issue started a few days ago the speedtest takes a while to start, sometimes it reaches the highest point and then drops back a lot by the time the test finishes. Or it stutters and doesn't get very far.

I had a problem with my internet that lasted from May through to October...... that led to me getting the complaints department and then the TIO involved - it still has not been fully resolved so i might give them a ring and start from the beginning again.

Xtreme seems pretty obvious but have you scanned for virus"s and all that stuff?

Yep, at first i thought it was a wireless issue on a laptop, but i've tried it on my desktop through the router and directly to the modem, getting similar results on my laptop and desktop machines.

Telstra will probably blame congestion or something, but i'll attempt to get a tech out to check the connection outside and change something if need be.

Telstra are the worst ISP in Australia.
I never get more than 2 when I'm in Adelaide but when I go to Darwin every now and then I get between 4 and 15 Mb/s download speed.
Difference is I have ADSL in Darwin but the NBN box is on the outside of the house not connected and in Adelaide it's ADSL and that's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back