Post your teams here - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey lads, ive just had my first shot at putting a team together, id give assistance to other teams but as this is my first attempt im a bit out of the loop early this pre season.
Some thoughts and advice would be great :)

Backs: Goddard, Bruce, Deledio, Duffield, Suban, Otten, Toy (Duigan, Hibberd, Puopolo)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Gibbs, Tambling, Swallow (Heppell, Harris, Callinan)

Rucks: Jolly, Jacobs (Smith, McCauley)

Forwards: Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Yarran, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Krakouer (Matera, Mzungu, Smith)

28K in the bank

Have played the last few years but I'm abit out of the loop on all these new players this year and how the bye will operate. Here is my first crack at a team, any thoughts would be great. I am considering using my remaining salary ($51,400) to swap Jarred Roughead for Robert Murphy but he seems injury prone.

Defenders: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, L. Gilbee, H. Shaw, J. Adcock, N. Krakouer, J. Toy
(P. Puopolo, N. Duigan, M. Hibberd)

Midfield: L. Montagna, K. Cornes, M. Murphy, T. Scully, D. Swallow, D. Harris
(D. Heppell, T. Mzungu, M. Wallis)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, D. Cox
(J. Tippet, Z. Smith)

Forwards: A. Goodes, N. Riewoldt, D. Giansiracusa, M. Pavlich, S. Higgins, J. Roughead, A. Krakouer
(B. Matera, C. Richardson, I. Callinan)

My final dreamteam I reckon bar a few late rookie decisions and the decision between Cotchin and Scully.

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hurley, Otten - Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Midfielders:
Swan, Boak, Jack, Anthony, Scully, Swallow - Ilse, Mzungu, I. Smith

Rucks: Sandilands, Naitanui - Smith, Bailey

Forwards: Sylvia, Riewoldt, Rioli, Morton, Varcoe, Krakouer, Callinan - Howe, Matera, Richardson

What are your thoughts? Especially on the midfield set up I am going with.

Pretty good team, but having 3 Adelaide players in the forward line leaves you with zero wiggle room when they have the bye

LeCras is also pretty dubious, he needs a lot of goals to score well. Has never been a massive point scorer

Ruck's will score ok, but won't pull consistent 100's

He's got a forward in the mids though, so it's effectively only 2 out. That's manageable.

My final dreamteam I reckon bar a few late rookie decisions and the decision between Cotchin and Scully.

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hurley, Otten - Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Midfielders:

Forwards: Sylvia, Riewoldt, Rioli, Morton, Varcoe, Krakouer, Callinan - Howe, Matera, Richardson

surely you have plenty of cash left right ?

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Rawlings, Malceski, Grimes, Shaw, Otten
Heppell, Toy, Puopolo

Midfield
Boyd (C), Hodge, Deledio, Swallow, Harris, Krakouer,
Smith, Atley, Wallis

Rucks
Kreuzer, Petrie
Smith, Campbell

Forwards
Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Pavlich, LeCras, Tippett, Knights
Matera, Mzungu, Callinan

Barley a mid ranged player in the side, have gone heavy on good rookies very few upgrades needed, potentionally only 4.

Bank
$111.8k

you do realise Kreuzer is 6-8 weeks away and wont be match fit for quite some time ? Campbell is a rookie at Melbourne but should get some game time. You ight be struggling with your rucks in round 1 thought with Gold coast player Smith having the bye

Have played the last few years but I'm abit out of the loop on all these new players this year and how the bye will operate. Here is my first crack at a team, any thoughts would be great. I am considering using my remaining salary ($51,400) to swap Jarred Roughead for Robert Murphy but he seems injury prone.

Defenders: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, L. Gilbee, H. Shaw, J. Adcock, N. Krakouer, J. Toy
(P. Puopolo, N. Duigan, M. Hibberd)

Midfield: L. Montagna, K. Cornes, M. Murphy, T. Scully, D. Swallow, D. Harris
(D. Heppell, T. Mzungu, M. Wallis)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, D. Cox
(J. Tippet, Z. Smith)

Forwards: A. Goodes, N. Riewoldt, D. Giansiracusa, M. Pavlich, S. Higgins, J. Roughead, A. Krakouer
(B. Matera, C. Richardson, I. Callinan)

Don't like it you have way too many players over 25 and once they get to that age their upside starts to deteriorate. Gilbee, Shaw Cornes, Goodes, Gia, Pavlich...too many. Your not a serious player if you go without Sandilands and Swan. Goddard and Riewoldt are simply too good and their scores could increase again next year, Montagna and Cox are under the same boat. It's alright to have a few.

As you can see above I have gone with players like Rioli, Boak, Jack, Anthony. Young players that are coming through with potential to average 100 +.

Then I have gone for Scully, Morton and Varcoe. Morton is capable of a 95 this season playing off the wing. Varcoe is expected to break out if you speak with Geelong supporters, moved to the midfield to replace Gaz. He is super talented and I can see a massive spike in his numbers. Scully well I have faith in him, ball magnet and future Swan/Ablett type Dter.

Dreamteamversion3456.png

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I think this team is solid. But I have $225,000 left over and don't know whether to upgrade Foley, Krakouer or Otten. Do I swap Atley for a mid-range player? Or even Gaff? Do I just wait and see with NAB cup form?

Any non-condescending advice would help. (right click - open in new tab)

Dreamteamversion3456.png

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I think this team is solid. But I have $225,000 left over and don't know whether to upgrade Foley, Krakouer or Otten. Do I swap Atley for a mid-range player? Or even Gaff? Do I just wait and see with NAB cup form?

3 carlton players in backs....

Dreamteamversion3456.png

First thing I agree with - watch the NAB Cup and stuff, before making wholesale changes. Secondly, you have flexibility between def & mid, but as your team currently lines up, you have 3 Carlton players in defence. Swap Goddard and Gibbs - easily done, I know.

The next thing I would consider - and his may be hard, being a Port fan - is to upgrade Boak, to Chapman (or similar). From what I've heard, Boak is still carrying a bit of a niggle and mightn't be all that up and going by round 1. Chappy will give you more access to your forward / mids - noted you have Callinan. Also, Chappy is a gun and even after this move, you'll still have around $140K in the bank.

Varcoe has also had a few dramas, pre-season. Maybe use a few of those extra bucks to upgrade him to Stevie J, or the big Pav. Maybe even Matthew Stokes, if they start to use him through the midfield.

If you're sold on Varcoe, then perhaps upgrade Smith (or Charman - although I wouldn't like 2 rucks from the same team) to Josh Fraser. I'm sure Zac Smith will serve an apprenticeship under Fraser this year and apparently, Charman is still under an injury cloud. Kurt Tippett isn't really No. 2 ruck material - 6th or 7th forward, back up ruckman (No. 3) maybe. Which means you need a No. 2 ruck, who is going to score something.

Personal views for your consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dreamteamversion3456.png

For mine, K Tippett is your weakest link but I get the Petrie DP link. Structure wise it looks good I don't like to comment on people's unique picks where they are obviously assuming some improvement like Boak or Varcoe but you may want to considering upgrading these types to more tried and true types like Bartel.

with 18.5k in the bank

]
dtattempt1.png

Jacobs & Lobbe are both injured. I'll make that clear for DonsStormLFC, that this is the Jacobs from Port Adelaide!

Bit thin for Captain options. Goddard, Chapman - yep. Past that, a bit of a gamble. The rule of thumb would be that you need one of Swannie, Ablett or Matt Boyd. Having said that, could be the difference between you and your opposition, either good or bad.

Other than that, pretty solid team.

Jacobs & Lobbe are both injured. I'll make that clear for DonsStormLFC, that this is the Jacobs from Port Adelaide!

Bit thin for Captain options. Goddard, Chapman - yep. Past that, a bit of a gamble. The rule of thumb would be that you need one of Swannie, Ablett or Matt Boyd. Having said that, could be the difference between you and your opposition, either good or bad.

Other than that, pretty solid team.

Thx for the heads up on the injuries. I'll probablywatch some nab games and make some changes.

As for not having gabbo or swan I know it's a risk, buti just have the feeling Murphy will have a much better season with a full PS un-injured and selwood is going to have to stand up again with gabbo gone. He already knows how to cop a tag so why can't he be the cats no1 ball winner? I'm showing a lot of faith in these two..

Willing try and pick up one of the others mentioned come round 5-7

First thing I agree with - watch the NAB Cup and stuff, before making wholesale changes. Secondly, you have flexibility between def & mid, but as your team currently lines up, you have 3 Carlton players in defence. Swap Goddard and Gibbs - easily done, I know.

The next thing I would consider - and his may be hard, being a Port fan - is to upgrade Boak, to Chapman (or similar). From what I've heard, Boak is still carrying a bit of a niggle and mightn't be all that up and going by round 1. Chappy will give you more access to your forward / mids - noted you have Callinan. Also, Chappy is a gun and even after this move, you'll still have around $140K in the bank.

Varcoe has also had a few dramas, pre-season. Maybe use a few of those extra bucks to upgrade him to Stevie J, or the big Pav. Maybe even Matthew Stokes, if they start to use him through the midfield.

If you're sold on Varcoe, then perhaps upgrade Smith (or Charman - although I wouldn't like 2 rucks from the same team) to Josh Fraser. I'm sure Zac Smith will serve an apprenticeship under Fraser this year and apparently, Charman is still under an injury cloud. Kurt Tippett isn't really No. 2 ruck material - 6th or 7th forward, back up ruckman (No. 3) maybe. Which means you need a No. 2 ruck, who is going to score something.

Personal views for your consideration.

Thanks.

Backs:

Midfielders:

Would it be better to trade Hurly for Hibberd. Then upgrade Varcoe to S. Johnson and Scully to M. Murphy?

. Your not a serious player if you go without Sandilands and Swan. .

Sandilands is no lock this year IMO. May spend time up forward and I think he may have peaked in DT terms. I think Cox is more likely to improve more after a down year last year and a full pre-season. Time will telll.

Nieso FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by A Bit High. Salary cap left: $125,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell
Josh Toy, Nicholas Duigan, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Leigh Montagna, David Swallow, Andrew Krakouer, Daniel Harris
Shaun Atley, Michael Hibberd, Ian Callinan

Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Knights, Drew Petrie, Tendai Mzungu,
Cameron Richardson, Luke Tapscott, Brandon Matera/i]

Have sat on this side for a few weeks now so it must be looking Ok to me.

My only question that I was hoping for some assistance is with the left over cash should I upgrade Knights to a Goodes type?

Any other help appreciated.

Thx for the heads up on the injuries. I'll probablywatch some nab games and make some changes.

As for not having gabbo or swan I know it's a risk, buti just have the feeling Murphy will have a much better season with a full PS un-injured and selwood is going to have to stand up again with gabbo gone. He already knows how to cop a tag so why can't he be the cats no1 ball winner? I'm showing a lot of faith in these two..

Willing try and pick up one of the others mentioned come round 5-7

I agree with your thinking. I've gone with Boyd, over Swannie & GAJ. I think with the captaincy down at the kennel and the bye in round 4, he's probably your man, come round 5. Then if GAJ has hit his straps and got both his byes out of the road, he's your round 10 / 11 target.

Nieso FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by A Bit High. Salary cap left: $125,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell
Josh Toy, Nicholas Duigan, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Leigh Montagna, David Swallow, Andrew Krakouer, Daniel Harris
Shaun Atley, Michael Hibberd, Ian Callinan

Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Knights, Drew Petrie, Tendai Mzungu,
Cameron Richardson, Luke Tapscott, Brandon Matera/i]

Have sat on this side for a few weeks now so it must be looking Ok to me.

My only question that I was hoping for some assistance is with the left over cash should I upgrade Knights to a Goodes type?

Any other help appreciated.

Looks like a team that I'd be happy to have. The decision on Knights can be made closer to the start of the season.

Don't like it you have way too many players over 25 and once they get to that age their upside starts to deteriorate. Gilbee, Shaw Cornes, Goodes, Gia, Pavlich...too many. Your not a serious player if you go without Sandilands and Swan. Goddard and Riewoldt are simply too good and their scores could increase again next year, Montagna and Cox are under the same boat. It's alright to have a few.

As you can see above I have gone with players like Rioli, Boak, Jack, Anthony. Young players that are coming through with potential to average 100 +.

Then I have gone for Scully, Morton and Varcoe. Morton is capable of a 95 this season playing off the wing. Varcoe is expected to break out if you speak with Geelong supporters, moved to the midfield to replace Gaz. He is super talented and I can see a massive spike in his numbers. Scully well I have faith in him, ball magnet and future Swan/Ablett type Dter.
I have neither in my team. 250th last year. u mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back