Post your teams here - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like your back line.

Midfield is good but not a fan of your bench.

any suggested players? the rookie bench players will obviously change once we see nab cup, but i like the underlying structure.

IMO Drew Petrie is to expensive for the bench and should be started as a 7th forward or not in your team at all. Zac Smith should provide enough cover if you decide not to have Petrie at all. Going without Sandy is risky but Jolly should average similar.

Petrie is to cover any injury to freaser/jolly and also bye rounds. Smith wont provide any cover in rounds 1 and 9 when it is needed.

Think there is better options than Goodes in the forward line.

suggestions?

any suggested players? the rookie bench players will obviously change once we see nab cup, but i like the underlying structure.

Petrie is to cover any injury to freaser/jolly and also bye rounds. Smith wont provide any cover in rounds 1 and 9 when it is needed.

suggestions?

I do have a few players in mind but will be waiting until the NAB cup. Probably didnt need to say anything as no doubt yours will probably change after the NAB cup

That is why Petrie should be a 7th forward. Move Petrie to the ruck and bring a rookie on as your 7th Forward. Just not a fan of having someone that costs that much on your bench unless it is a mid or someone with higher scoring potential that petrie. FWIW, my rucks will be something like Sandy, Fraser Smith, Rookie price ruck with R/F DP with Petrie starting as 7th forward. Though I have heard reports of Petrie struggling with his injury so I may not have him at all and that could change everything.

To tell you the truth I havent had a chance to look at the prices of the forwards yet so will have some suggestions later.I don't like his inconsistent starts to seasons and I think there were times last season where his age was starting to show. His price will fall during the season

I do think you have a good number of players to build a team round though!

smith is just there cause he is basement price and should get games.

You were responding to Lyyynnnchy's post where he said he though Smith would be enough cover in the rucks. You said "Smith wont provide any cover in rounds 1 and 9 when it is needed."

The point is, cover won't be needed in Round 1 because you'll have the team sheets in front of you when picking your side so if you did decide to go in with just Smith as cover the only round you'll know he definitely won't provide cover for is Round 9.

understoof sorry, Fair call, but will also need cover in round 9 when fraser is out, AND in the rounds when jolly is out. So i like the idea of 2 rucks, petrie and cheap rookie. banking on Petrie playing in rounds 1,9,7 and 13 instead of a rookie playing then.

understoof sorry, Fair call, but will also need cover in round 9 when fraser is out, AND in the rounds when jolly is out. So i like the idea of 2 rucks, petrie and cheap rookie. banking on Petrie playing in rounds 1,9,7 and 13 instead of a rookie playing then.

Yep, personally I agree with you. Having Petrie backing the rucks up along with another rookie seems the way to go imo. Obviously the big concern is Petrie's fitness, something i'm sure everyone will be watching over the next couple of months.

I know it sounds harsh on the kid but it would make DT life a hell of a lot easier if Petrie suffered a ' minor setback' of some sort, or we knew that the Kangas were gonna take a conservative approach on him.

I know it sounds harsh on the kid but it would make DT life a hell of a lot easier if Petrie suffered a ' minor setback' of some sort, or we knew that the Kangas were gonna take a conservative approach on him.

Hah I agree! I'm hoping he gets 2+ games during the NAB cup. If he plays 1 and struggles or none at all I will not be picking him. Although knowing me, I'll look at the training reports before round 1, see that he is training well and pick him up, leading to a season ending injury in Round 1.

Lake-Gibbs-Gilbert-Fisher-Ellis-Suban-Otten (X. Clarke, K.Hunt, Toy)

Swan-Boyd-Goddard-Swallow-Gaff-Stanley (Krakouer, Libba, Blease)

Sandilands-Jolly (Cordy, Daw)

Didak-Franklin-Riewoldt-Rioli-Gray-Knights-K.Harper (N.Ablett, Talia, A.Hooper)

Looking to get a close to complete backline from the start as it is usually the least stable place to upgrade, and will be hoping that my midfield rookies do nicely.

Still not sure on whether I should get Petrie in as my 2nd ruck instead of Sandi or Jolly, to free up some cash to enhance my forward line slightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake-Gibbs-Gilbert-Fisher-Ellis-Suban-Otten (X. Clarke, K.Hunt, Toy)

Swan-Boyd-Goddard-Swallow-Gaff-Stanley (Krakouer, Libba, Blease)

Sandilands-Jolly (Cordy, Daw)

Didak-Franklin-Riewoldt-Rioli-Gray-Knights-K.Harper (N.Ablett, Talia, A.Hooper)

Looking to get a close to complete backline from the start as it is usually the least stable place to upgrade, and will be hoping that my midfield rookies do nicely.

Still not sure on whether I should get Petrie in as my 2nd ruck instead of Sandi or Jolly, to free up some cash to enhance my forward line slightly.

Jolly/Sandilands > Fraser
Cordy > Smith

Gray > Chapman
Harper > Petrie
N Ablett > Matera

Improve your forward bench

Jolly/Sandilands > Fraser
Cordy > Smith

Gray > Chapman
Harper > Petrie
N Ablett > Matera

Improve your forward bench
Will not be getting on Fraser, but I think I might get Petrie in for Sandilands, and trade Gray > Chapman. Going to keep Harper, will have to wait and see how he goes in the pre season.

Whats wrong with having Petrie as a forward and using Daw or another DPP. Also will be looking at Tippett, had a horror season and has heaps of upside, he should/could also have DP.

Whats wrong with having Petrie as a forward and using Daw or another DPP. Also will be looking at Tippett, had a horror season and has heaps of upside, he should/could also have DP.

I think the concern with having the DP option from a ruck/fwd perspective is you are losing a spot in your forwards when there are quiet a few juicy rookie'ish/cheapish forwards. Some people would rather just have Petrie as there second rucks and trust smith and another cheapy to get them through for back-up rucks so as to maximise their earning potential in their forward line.

Thinking about getting Tippett, DWD. He had a horror start to '10 and is capable of big scores. Whether he can push anyone else out of my side remains to be seen.

I think the concern with having the DP option from a ruck/fwd perspective is you are losing a spot in your forwards when there are quiet a few juicy rookie'ish/cheapish forwards. Some people would rather just have Petrie as there second rucks and trust smith and another cheapy to get them through for back-up rucks so as to maximise their earning potential in their forward line.

Yeh i guess hes just better having in the rucks. Becoming a forward and ruck keeper you need to avg pretty similar these days. Due to wanting the best of the best in the rucks so you dont lose points means you need similar scores in rucks and forwards to reach keeper status. Probably around 85 mark gets you a 7th forward or 2nd ruck. Petrie can be a forward or a ruck i guess.

Having him as a 2nd ruck is quite risky though. Due to the byes and Petrie (Although overrated) injury problems it means zeros could be copped easily in the rucks. Probably better off having him as a forward for DP or having him and Tippett in your side for extra cover.

Jolly is the closest thing to a lock in the rucks and im not keen on Cox at all like others are showing. Still thinking of Sandi aswell for lock and leave, than Petrie as a 2nd ruck but i would want Tippett as a forward than.

Fanplanner prices seem to have changed slightly, and here is my latest team....pleased to hear comments:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Cripps
(Coad, Hibberd, Richardson)
MID: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Hodge, Swallow, Gaff
(Wallis, Clarke, Mzungu)
RUC: Sandilands, Cox
(Redden, Smith)
FWD: Chapman, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Morton, Porplyzia, Petterd, Prestia
(Howe, Matera, Callinan)

CASH LEFT: $6,100

Fanplanner prices seem to have changed slightly, and here is my latest team....pleased to hear comments:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Cripps
(Coad, Hibberd, Richardson)
MID: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Hodge, Swallow, Gaff
(Wallis, Clarke, Mzungu)
RUC: Sandilands, Cox
(Redden, Smith)
FWD: Chapman, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Morton, Porplyzia, Petterd, Prestia
(Howe, Matera, Callinan)

CASH LEFT: $6,100

BT before you get any injury, suspension or player dropped, how many are you down in Rd 4?

BT before you get any injury, suspension or player dropped, how many are you down in Rd 4?

You're right, its looking bad for round 4. I have five starters missing cos of the bye (Goddard, Cripps, Boyd, Montagna, Riewoldt)...could make it four if I cull Cripps from my lineup altogether!!

My attitude to a round such as Round 4 where Im geting slaughtered, is I will burn two trades that week, ie out Boyd, in Ablett, and out Montagna, in Pendles. I then may burn another 2 getting back the same premiums a week later. I dont think trades will be quite as valuable this year due to the extra bench players we have, and the increased number of trades we have been given, as well as the ability of DPP.

I may well be wrong, but it is how im planning to tackle the multibye weeks where Im horribly affected by lack of cover.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, A. Otten, J. Cripps (M. Coad, C. Richardson, D. Talia)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, J. Bartel, L. Anthony, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (D. Heppell, S. Blease, I. Callinan)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Fraser (Z. Smith, M. Daw)
FWD: L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, D. Thomas, N. Riewoldt, M. Morton, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $43,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back