Post your teams here - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting this "209K" price from? I know that Monty's fanplanner isn't 100% accurate, but I'm yet to see anyone else suggest that Petrie's price is going to be over 200K.

FWIW, Monty has Petrie at around 167K from memory.

209K would be Petrie's price if he doesn't get a discount. But you're mad if you think he won't get a discount. He'll get atleast a 20% discount.....could even get a 30% discount because he only played 2 games. But I think he'll get a 20% discount

Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Jack Grimes, Heath Shaw, Rhyce Shaw, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Michael Coad, Josh Toy, Michael Hibberd

Leigh Montagna, Sam Mitchell, Joel Corey, Daniel Jackson, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
Travis Tuck, Dyson Heppell, Sam Blease

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt, Ryan O'Keefe, Jack Riewoldt, Matthew Bate, Kurt Tippett, Patrick Veszpremi
Bryce Retzlaff, Luke Tapscott, Ian Callinan

Cash $119,800

Feedback appreciated.

Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Jack Grimes, Heath Shaw, Rhyce Shaw, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Michael Coad, Josh Toy, Michael Hibberd

Leigh Montagna, Sam Mitchell, Joel Corey, Daniel Jackson, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
Travis Tuck, Dyson Heppell, Sam Blease

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt, Ryan O'Keefe, Jack Riewoldt, Matthew Bate, Kurt Tippett, Patrick Veszpremi
Bryce Retzlaff, Luke Tapscott, Ian Callinan

Cash $119,800

Feedback appreciated.

Rhyce Shaw - Terrible pick, average went down from mid 80's to high 60's? last year and should stay the same or drop. No guarantee to be in best 20.

Daniel Jackson - Dont rate him

Andrew Gaff - I dont think he will play in the first half of the season. May play a game here or there but should no way be starting in your team.

Travis Tuck - Why would you have Tuck let alone have him on your bench?

Jack Riewoldt - Wasnt a massive scorer winning the Coleman. You'd think his goals would drop with his scores following.

Bate - Really?

Veszpremi - May not be in swans best 20 IMO

Spend your cash and upgrade

Rhyce Shaw - Terrible pick, average went down from mid 80's to high 60's? last year and should stay the same or drop. No guarantee to be in best 20.

Andrew Gaff - I dont think he will play in the first half of the season. May play a game here or there but should no way be starting in your team.

Jack Riewoldt - Wasnt a massive scorer winning the Coleman. You'd think his goals would drop with his scores following.

Bate - Really?

Plays for the bulldogs now mate....

Interesting logic re: Maxwell. Hope you don't mind my 2c - I won;t consider the bye impacts, just players.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Johncock, Gram, Maxwell, J.Trengove, Otten (McKernan, Jacobs, Puopolo)

I don't like the Johncock pick, but at least you didn't go with the pack and get Deledio (unless you missed him). A couple of picks are dodgey for one reason or another - Gram is OK, Otten will be in everyone's team if he gets through the pre-season. Trengove - good signs last year, but I am not sure I would be jumping on him just yet, maybe next year. Hopefully Smack gets games this year, he should, Jacobs and Puopolo will both be very popular.

Mids: Swan (C), Pendlebury, Thompson, Morton, B. Martin, Swallow (Smith, Hibberd, Mzungu)

Martin is a massive risk. And I am not sure which Morton, I presume Mitch? Rookies are good.

Rucks: Hille, Jacobs (J.Tippett, Pederson)

Yuck - get a gun who isn't Hille! Plenty of other good options. Everyone has been hurt by Hille haven't they? DT rite of passage.

Forwards: Franklin, Reiwoldt, Varcoe, M.Johnson, Greenwood, Knights, Petrie (Matera, Callinan, A.Krakouer)

Varcoe - wait until you see how he pulls up. Greenwood is a possible good unique, Knights is a hold onto your hat type pick due to injury, and nice DP link between Tippett and Petrie, will also be very popular.

Appreciate the feedback, all valid points. Starting to think that Swan may be over-priced early, and it may be better value in spreading the $$$ around a bit more.

2nd draft:
Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Maxwell, J. Trengove, Otten (Jacobs, Toy, Puopolo)
Mids: Pendlebury, Boak, Kelly, S.Thompson, Greenwood, D. Swallow (I. Smith, Hibberd, Mzungu)
Rucks: Jolly, Jacobs (J. Tippett, Pederson)
Forwards: Franklin, N.Reiwoldt, Mitch Morton, Varcoe, M.Johnson, Knights, Petrie (A.Krakouer, McKernan,Callinan)

Re your comments:
Stiffy - still think he may have a great year, although did have too many Adelaide players. Also, Gram could be hit or miss - better balance with Broughton and Grimes.
J. Trengove - like the fact that I can use him as D/P with Pederson in the rucks. Confident of him spending much more time on the ball this year, and likes a tackle.
B. Martin - again, better balance with one less Adelaide player in the mids
Mitch Morton - like the way he finished off 2010 and think he will spend a lot of time up the ground this year. Have moved him into the forwards
Hille - agree. Not sure what I was thinking
Varcoe/Knights/Petrie - will follow their NAB form/injuries

Have now included Boak and J.Kelly in the mids - really like Boak, think he has plenty of upside.

Any additional thoughts would be welcome.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, J. Adcock, A. Otten, J. Toy (J. Cripps, D. Talia, C. Pederson)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, L. Montagna, S. Pendlebury, D. Swallow, N. Foley (I. Smith, M. Wallis, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (Z. Smith, A. Cordy)
FWD: L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, M. Morton, C. Knights, A. Krakouer (B. Matera, C. Richardson, I. Callinan)
CASH LEFT: $34,600

Second crack at getting my team right, still unsure on which rookies to choose as i may have a little bit of trouble in certain bye rounds.

2nd draft:
Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Maxwell, J. Trengove, Otten (Jacobs, Toy, Puopolo)
Mids: Pendlebury, Boak, Kelly, S.Thompson, Greenwood, D. Swallow (I. Smith, Hibberd, Mzungu)
Rucks: Jolly, Jacobs (J. Tippett, Pederson)
Forwards: Franklin, N.Reiwoldt, Mitch Morton, Varcoe, M.Johnson, Knights, Petrie (A.Krakouer, McKernan,Callinan)

Good luck finishing the year with the premium locks you want. :rolleyes: Too many mid pricers for my mind.

Good luck finishing the year with the premium locks you want. :rolleyes: Too many mid pricers for my mind.

Yeah midpricers should exclusively be not selected. You cant pick anyone in the range of 120k to 400k. If you do than you will come last Crows. Just letting yo know crows.

Good team with nice uniques.

Yeah midpricers should exclusively be not selected. You cant pick anyone in the range of 120k to 400k. If you do than you will come last Crows. Just letting yo know crows.

Good team with nice uniques.

I know you're taking a sarcastic jab at me but if you seriously think his/her team structure is semi-decent then you have got to be kidding.

Q1. who does he make captain?
Q2. how does he expect to bring in premium midfielders that have much lower std. deviations that the fwds/backs?
Q3. Do you really think sub top 8 team unreliable premium $$ midfielders are worth it rnd 1?
Q4. Why take Boak/S. Thompson in mids and then take Maxwell/Jackson Trengove in the backs? Just setting yourself up for misery.

I know you're taking a sarcastic jab at me but if you seriously think his/her team structure is semi-decent then you have got to be kidding.

Q1. who does he make captain?
Q2. how does he expect to bring in premium midfielders that have much lower std. deviations that the fwds/backs?
Q3. Do you really think sub top 8 team unreliable premium $$ midfielders are worth it rnd 1?
Q4. Why take Boak/S. Thompson in mids and then take Maxwell/Jackson Trengove in the backs? Just setting yourself up for misery.

Exactly. Don't know what kind of crack DWD was smoking when he wrote that post.

I wouldn't consider the following players:

Grimes - Zero durability
Maxwell - spud DT-wise
J Trengove - hardly set the world on fire last season, not sure why you'd bother this season now that he's not rookie priced
Boak, Kelly, S Thompson, Greenwood - none of these guys will end up in the top 10 mids in 2011. Why start with them. Gives your team's scoring potential a very low ceiling.
Jacobs - could be a decent pick, but not sold on him being the right pick. I think he will end up scoring too low to be a keeper.
Morton, Varcoe, M Johnson - why three of these speculative mid-pricers?

I agree with yogibbear, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I definitely like that you're breaking from the mould of the "bigfooty hype players" and being original. I just don't think your structure is right.

There's just too much risk and not enough upside. That being said, if you happen to win the car with this team, then I will take my hat off to you!

Exactly. Don't know what kind of crack DWD was smoking when he wrote that post.

I wouldn't consider the following players:

Grimes - Zero durability
Maxwell - spud DT-wise
J Trengove - hardly set the world on fire last season, not sure why you'd bother this season now that he's not rookie priced
Boak, Kelly, S Thompson, Greenwood - none of these guys will end up in the top 10 mids in 2011. Why start with them. Gives your team's scoring potential a very low ceiling.
Jacobs - could be a decent pick, but not sold on him being the right pick. I think he will end up scoring too low to be a keeper.
Morton, Varcoe, M Johnson - why three of these speculative mid-pricers?

I agree with yogibbear, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I definitely like that you're breaking from the mould of the "bigfooty hype players" and being original. I just don't think your structure is right.

There's just too much risk and not enough upside. That being said, if you happen to win the car with this team, then I will take my hat off to you!
I agree with most players other then Grimes and Morton. Take a look at Morton's average in the second half of last year when he was getting a run in the midfield and you may see why he has put him in his side.

Grimes has the potential to be a top 10 scoring backline player if he can remain injured, it's risky but if he does play the full season without injury I am sure we will see him in the top 10 highest averaging backline players.

Whilst I wouldn't be brave enough to pick Thompson, there is always the believe he will take his game to the next level, not sure he will get there anymore but can still get an average of 100+. Finished the 2010 season pretty strongly.

All i said was nice team with uniques. There are no players in that side that i would say are horrible picks or DO NOT PICK THEM and yes it was purely a stab at yogi.

Q1 - Goddard 2nd or 3rd highest scoring player next year, within the top 5 points of the best, wouldnt suprise me if he is the highest scorer next year.

Q2 - dont quite understand, but i think your saying his midfield keepers he has selected arnt strong enough. He will definitly need to bring in Montagna, Boyd, Swan (3 of them).

Q3 - The only definite sub top 8 premium he has is Boak, which i think is a fine pick. By that i mean not a horrendous pick or crying out DO NOT TOUCH.

Q4 - I agree on this question, however nothing wrong with any of those picks. Maxwell is fine. Im a little sceptical over Trengove, but he may be required to play an important role for port next year and last year showed he has a bit of scoring in him. Hes the only pick i would say is close to DO NOT PICK.

If he can finish with a midfield of Montagna, Swan, Boyd, Thompson, Boak, Pendlebury (than that is more than acceptible). Well over whats required IMO. Obviousily has a similar thinking to myself and Skank in that he hates paying top dollar for players.

Greenwood is a great unique along with Maxwell. Maxwell avg 75 the year before and is becoming a much better player, playing a good role for DT scoring.

Morton, Varcoe are fine picks. Johnson i dont really like but is a bit unique and could suprise with the new sub rule meaning more TOG for him.

Grimes would probably be close to being in my side. He is a dead set gun priced at 80. Risk like these are needed if you want to do really well. Playing the defensive game wont win you a championship ;)

This team might not be top 20 but could very well with avg trading be top 5-10k. which is solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All i said was nice team with uniques. There are no players in that side that i would say are horrible picks or DO NOT PICK THEM and yes it was purely a stab at yogi.

Most of his picks are okay... in isolation. But when you stack your team full of these very speculative mid-pricers, you're not going to do so well this season.

You end up with sub-standard keepers and don't take enough advantage of the abundance of cheap GC rookies. By maxing out on cheaper rookies, you allow yourself the cash to spend on top tier keepers who will score in the top 10 for their position.

In my opinion, this season is the perfect season to go for the guns/rookies approach, simply because you know GC are going to have to play a lot of kids, so it's just a matter of picking some of the right ones. There are also quite a few other rookies and mature aged recruits who are very likely to get serious game time.

I will wager that the bulk of the top 1000 team this year will start off with a team structure which is well and truly weighted towards guns/rookies.

This team might not be top 20 but could very well with avg trading be top 5-10k. which is solid.

Why would you bother playing DT, if you were content to end up with a 5-10K ranking? I think people are in one of two DT camps:

1 - going for league victory (usually not that serious about DT)
2 - going for the car or highest possible ranking

If you're in it for the car/ranking, then why would you set out to make a team that will only get you into the top 10k? I just don't see the point. Surely you want your team to be as good as possible?

Been fiddling around for a couple of hours, this is my first draft.

TEAM NAME: Team 1
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, D. Connors, A. Otten, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs, M. Coad (J. Toy, N. Duigan, P. Puopolo)
MID: D. Swan, L. Montagna, J. Selwood, S. Pendlebury, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (M. Weller, M. Wallis, M. Hibberd)
RUC: D. Cox, D. Jolly (Z. Smith, J. Tippett)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Didak, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, T. Cloke, S. Higgins, A. Krakouer (I. Smith, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $23,900

I'm taking some risks down back to strengthen the rest of the team.

Opinions please?

Draft 2:

DEF:Goddard,Lake,Enright,Fisher,Adcock,Otten,Heppell (Toy,Hunt,Faulks)
MID:Montagna,Selwood,Pendlebury,Swallow,Krakouer,Atley (Lock,Wallis,Mzungu)
RUCK:Sandilands,Jolly (Smith,Tippett)
FWD: Didak,Goodes,Riewoldt,Pavlich,O'Keefe,Knights,Petrie (Dixon,Ablett,Motlop)

98,800 left. My bench rookies are a bit up in the air and will become more clearer after the NAB Cup.
What do you think?

Been fiddling around for a couple of hours, this is my first draft.

TEAM NAME: Team 1
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, D. Connors, A. Otten, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs, M. Coad (J. Toy, N. Duigan, P. Puopolo)
MID: D. Swan, L. Montagna, J. Selwood, S. Pendlebury, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (M. Weller, M. Wallis, M. Hibberd)
RUC: D. Cox, D. Jolly (Z. Smith, J. Tippett)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Didak, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, T. Cloke, S. Higgins, A. Krakouer (I. Smith, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $23,900

I'm taking some risks down back to strengthen the rest of the team.

Opinions please?

Obviously going for a league win as your starting with Swan and Pendulbury so I'll ignore multiple players with byes.

I think you are paying too much for what Connors offers. Sure he racked them up late last year but for a guy that has only played 25 games and has one of his byes in sinlge bye round, he's a no for me.
Look at Broughton, Duffield or Malceski, personally I think they have all shown they have more consistancy and durability.

Also I don't like the chances of Gaff getting a game before WC's first bye in rd.5. Scott Burns said in ABC radio that the current midfield is showing enough to keep their spots so Gaff will have to proove himself in the WAFL for a few weeks or wait for an injury.

Not sold on Brown of Higgins this year. NAB forn could say different but I don't think either of them will be 100% come rd.1 and for me durability is a huge factor this year.

Mez

Nieso FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by A Bit High. Salary cap left: $-14,900.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Josh Toy, Paul Puopolo, Daniel Talia

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Leigh Montagna, David Swallow, Nathan Foley, Dyson Heppell
Andrew Krakouer, Michael Hibberd, Ian Callinan

Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Chris Knights, Ricky Petterd, Drew Petrie
Brandon Matera, Tendai Mzungu, Luke Tapscott

Going for League Win and understand that I am over the salary cap. Will worry about this when actual prices come out.

Any advice from others would be appreciated

Bate - Really?

Thanks for the feedback.

Thoughts on a couple of players.

Daniel Jackson - Entering his 6th season. With players such as S.Tuck, Deledio, Martin, Cotchin, Grigg, Foley. I can see an opportunity for him to sneak under the radar and win plenty of ball this year. Edwards (utility) is also an interesting pick that I will be looking at in the NAB cup.

Agree with your points on Gaff, he is a bit of an unknown atm. Majority of rookies are in the same boat.

Tuck also a bit of an unknown but has had AFL experience. I'm not sure of his situation coming back from the drug ban.

J.Riewoldt will be best 22 which is what we are hoping all our players will be this year. The tigers are on the rise, well they hope :p, so I can only see his scores increasing especially when they are looking for him to play a bit more up the ground.

Bate is an interesting pick, one which I thought I would get a bit of negative feedback on. Has averaged between 70-80 for the past 5 seasons. He may be that unique pick that pays dividends, or unfortunately never kicks on. Believe Nathan Jones is in the same boat.

Vespremi was traded to the doggies for a reason. Being a number 11 pick in the 07 draft he can obviously play, if he gets on the park around that solid bulldogs lineup, the potential is there.

I guess the money could be spent on upgrades but if you can find that diamond in the rough, it can set you apart from the rest. Good to have a look at some alternative players instead of the same old.

Obviously going for a league win as your starting with Swan and Pendulbury so I'll ignore multiple players with byes.

I think you are paying too much for what Connors offers. Sure he racked them up late last year but for a guy that has only played 25 games and has one of his byes in sinlge bye round, he's a no for me.
Look at Broughton, Duffield or Malceski, personally I think they have all shown they have more consistancy and durability.

Also I don't like the chances of Gaff getting a game before WC's first bye in rd.5. Scott Burns said in ABC radio that the current midfield is showing enough to keep their spots so Gaff will have to proove himself in the WAFL for a few weeks or wait for an injury.

Not sold on Brown of Higgins this year. NAB forn could say different but I don't think either of them will be 100% come rd.1 and for me durability is a huge factor this year.

Mez

Nothing wrong with starting both Pendles and Swan, some top DTers will happily do that. Could very well be a good way to shout yourself up the ladder early.

Connors is a great unique have a look at his numbers on fanfooty. He tore it to shreads last year. Great unique that could pay off.

Connors is a great unique have a look at his numbers on fanfooty. He tore it to shreads last year. Great unique that could pay off.

I'll be looking at Connors as well. Broughton and Grimes have been included in a bunch of plan teams, but Connors seems to have been overlooked - even though he played about the same amount of games as them last year with a similar average. He was very consistent in the last 10 games of 2010.

TEAM NAME: 33
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, D. Connors, B. Deledio, N. Suban, T. Hunt, D. Heppell (B. Jacobs, T. McKenzie, N. Duigan)
MID: D. Swan, L. Montagna, K. Cornes, J. Watson, D. Swallow, A. Krakouer (M. Weller, M. Wallis, M. Hibberd)
RUC: J. Roughead, J. Trengove (Z. Smith, J. Tippett)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, D. Zaharakis, L. Greenwood, P. Dangerfield, M. Duncan, C. Knights (D. Petrie, B. Matera, L. Casboult)
CASH LEFT: $62,000

Any thoughts on this quick team I did while at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back