Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

geelong12

Rookie
Aug 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure if you have any end of year awards but on another site I used to use had them. It was a good way to recognise those who add a lot to the site. Might be a bit dorky but just wondering if it's the norm. Some club boards do it.

218726.jpg

I was being serious. This thread pretty much sums up how I feel the main board is heading. Bay13 and the main board are slowly morphing into one. Reward those who actually add something to the site.

Why not vote for poster of the year from each club? Thread of the year? New poster of the year? etc. Give them a membership or something. That's what they do on other forums I've used.

It used to work in the good old days of BigFooty. It was successfully run (by yours truly) in 2001, with TigerTank taking out the first award. Then for the following years it was run by other members, whereby you voted for your 3-2-1 from each team.

These days it wouldn't work nearly as well. Too many intruders and it will only be a popularity contest with 15-year-old dorks on MSN asking for their BigFooty buddies to vote for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me, clearly the most intelligent and edumakated person on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back