News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure.
I'm the kinda guy who can go on my own. Same movie multiple times if its good enough.
Some ppl can't seem to go to movies alone and i don't get it.
I've been to the movies twice on my own, it did feel abit odd
I used to have to travel to Alice Springs for work, I would arrive lunch time, my work would take 30 mins and then I had 5 hours to kill until I flew to Darwin.

I would catch a movie to kill time.
On this one occasion there was **** all on and the choice of a bad bunch was a chick flick, Hope Rules. It was a shocker and I was in the cinema dressed in pants and shirt with about 2 other chicks, and no I didn't pick up.

I used to have to travel to Alice Springs for work, I would arrive lunch time, my work would take 30 mins and then I had 5 hours to kill until I flew to Darwin.

I would catch a movie to kill time.
On this one occasion there was **** all on and the choice of a bad bunch was a chick flick, Hope Rules. It was a shocker and I was in the cinema dressed in pants and shirt with about 2 other chicks, and no I didn't pick up.
Did they pick up?
Ha the only two times I've been were in alice on cheap Tuesday. Only two oldies in the cinema so I suspect one was 1970crow

I used to catch the bus to Adelaide every weekend for state volleyball training and copped Love Wrecked both directions on all but about 2 trips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Off Season .....another year of great movies, albeit some shit coming out of America

Really poor quality film stock being used now .....American movies lack color vibrancy, and contrast .....compare to the Chinese & there's simply no comparison to current movies

anyway......2016/17 years favorite movies

Drama ....Star Trek Beyond

Fantasy .....Deadpool / Midnight Special

Comedy ....Zootopia

Foreign Comedy......The Mermaid (Chinese)

Foreign Action / Comedy ......For a Few Bullets (Chinese)

Foreign Drama ...........Three (Chinese)

Australian Movie ....:p

Old Movie .........Support Your Local Sheriff (Comedy)

Not a good year for Film (to Nov) .....lots of rehash movies, little innovation

Special offerings if you haven't seen yet?

upload_2016-12-10_11-34-32.png upload_2016-12-10_11-34-49.png upload_2016-12-10_11-35-5.png upload_2016-12-10_11-35-22.png

upload_2016-12-10_11-35-35.png upload_2016-12-10_11-35-53.png upload_2016-12-10_11-36-28.png

thought Arrival was above average but not great. Will not say why to avoid spoiling it.

didn't think much of this year's offerings to be honest, not that I've seen them all to judge but hardly any looked interesting to me. Lobster is one I haven't seen but one of the few I want to track down. 2014 was way stronger than this year and last, Nightcrawler, Whiplash, Birdman, Interstellar, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and there's probably more I haven't thought of. This new Star Wars spin-off probably has more potential than the rest of the new saga though, fairly keen to check that out.

I've mostly been working through a long list of older stuff that I've been meaning to see for ages, some of the list is "I can't believe you've never seen it" stuff (like The Godfather) but most of it is probably lesser known stuff, depending on your interest I suppose. If you like noirs you have to see In a Lonely Place for example, and 12 Angry Men is another old flick I reckon everyone should watch too, great movie. Neither seem as well known as something like Citizen Kane or Vertigo.

thought Arrival was above average but not great. Will not say why to avoid spoiling it.

didn't think much of this year's offerings to be honest
, not that I've seen them all to judge but hardly any looked interesting to me
Totally agree from American Films .....some goods ones coming out now / soon, may make up for it

. Lobster is one I haven't seen but one of the few I want to track down
Sounded really good, but i just couldn't get into the film

I've mostly been working through a long list of older stuff that I've been meaning to see for ages, some of the list is "I can't believe you've never seen it" stuff (like The Godfather)

Have you seen these:
upload_2016-12-10_15-6-56.png upload_2016-12-10_15-9-7.png upload_2016-12-10_15-12-12.png upload_2016-12-10_15-15-52.png upload_2016-12-10_15-21-6.png

EDIT .....mean Red the first movie not the sequel

Remove this Banner Ad

News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back