News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

A glorious bad movie

On this date in 1996, "Kingpin" was released.

As is the case with most of his films, Bill Murray ad-libbed virtually every line he spoke, including commercial. He would read over the script, get the general idea, and then discard it. The Farrelly brothers, on the DVD commentary, said that they're very glad he did, because it was funnier.

Director Bobby Farrelly: “Bill just threw all the pages away and just said, 'I get it, trust me,' and we did and every line he came up with was better than the line that was scripted. 'You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.' Like, where the f**k did that sh!t come from? It was genius."

Jim Carrey was the first choice of the Farrelly brothers to play Ernie McCracken.

Farrelly: “When we got to the final part and Bill had to get three strikes in a row, I figured it could take 10 to 15 rolls. It’s gonna take a while for him to get three strikes. So I explained the situation to the audience. ‘It’s the last frame, he needs a turkey here. And so on the first one, you guys clap big, and then the second one, you clap bigger, and on the third one, you explode because he needs all three.' Of course, Bill gets up there, first one, strike. Everybody goes nuts. Second one, strike, the place goes crazy. Third one, strike. Three in a row. They were really blown away. Like, Bill just threw three strikes in a row when he had to and they erupted. It was not fake at all.”

Deadpool 3 has to be one of the worst movies ever made
Do the comic book / superhero movies need a breather?

I don't watch any of them and even I'm bored of them. Feels like there's been hundreds in the last 5 years

Do the comic book / superhero movies need a breather?

I don't watch any of them and even I'm bored of them. Feels like there's been hundreds in the last 5 years
I’ve watched nearly all and there have been some really entertaining movies but they ****ed up when they started going into all this multi universe bullshit, Deadpool even took the piss out of but still based its movie around it.

Deadpool kept including jokes that included real life shit which got tiring. It was just a stupid movie, the first one was original and a good movie, this went to far and was just boring crap.

But yeah they need a break.

Also you telling me you’ve not seen Ironman, Captain America and The Avengers? Some really good movies amongst those.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back