Posters that have come and gone

Remove this Banner Ad

*Bump

That is not how the system works:-

Infractions: Warning: 0 points; Minor: 1 point; Mid: 3 points; Serious: 5 points.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week account suspension.
10 points - 2 weeks account suspension
15 points - 3 weeks account suspension
20 points - Your time is up. Permanent ban.

There will be no further discussion on this matter!

I have not been around this year, less and less since the days when I was Five actually.
I cannot believe T60 has gone. Some of you guys used to go to the games with him
If someone can pm me to let me know he is OK.
I can remember walking just about all the way to Kinglake to find him in 2009
Extinct NOT Dead LOL

Yeah, poorer place for no Thy, and a few others I miss. Shame they can't be here for the (relative) good days.

Place lacks a bit of spice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone asking about my very very very good friend is welcome to PM me.

It's a shame it has to be this way. I know we had our run ins (both at fault) but it's people like Thy who help make a community feel like a community.

I understand the position of the admin and mods. It's a thankless task and you have to be consistent with your application even to those you may be more attached to than others.

I sincerely hope he's doing well Mebby.

I have not been around this year, less and less since the days when I was Five actually.
I cannot believe T60 has gone. Some of you guys used to go to the games with him
If someone can pm me to let me know he is OK.
I can remember walking just about all the way to Kinglake to find him in 2009
Extinct NOT Dead LOL

Hey Coach. I remember talking to you on the phone as you walked around the barriers. My god, 15 years ago. Wow.

It was a scary time.

It's a shame it has to be this way. I know we had our run ins (both at fault) but it's people like Thy who help make a community feel like a community.

I understand the position of the admin and mods. It's a thankless task and you have to be consistent with your application even to those you may be more attached to than others.

I sincerely hope he's doing well Mebby.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario Wick. For years, we were accused of being in a clique and allowing different rules for different posters. We've watched posters leave because of this perception. We have worked with long term posters to help them change things that we could not overlook in the interest of consistency. We discuss with each other, and admin and others all the time.

While characters are revered around here, and internet friendships made, and respect given ... we have to make sure we are not making the site comfortable for a select few, while driving away diverse opinions and discussion.

If I could wave a wand and make people understand that they alone can change the things necessary to make the forum thrive and for everyone to work in together, I would. It's not fun being the bad guy, but I need to stick to my morals and protect everyone, even those I disagree with on substance.

We have traditionally allowed posters to plead their case, compromise with us, in an effort to remain in the fold. It's a pardon of sorts, but that requires a level of accountability and acceptance of fault. We can't force anyone to the table though.

I often talk about moderating to a majority. This means that the prevailing mood, and ebbs and flows of a page come into focus. Right now, the club is going great guns and the majority recognise this. Any effort to overthrow the board or sack the coach right now, is a huge minority opinion, and possibly even suspicious. If we sink to the bottom, and start having scandals and non-performance, this view might become the majority opinion, or significant enough to let these opinions and debate breathe a bit more.

If you are going to swim upstream, you need to be compelling and careful. Then other posters are expected to recognise that you are up for genuine discussion, and not be dismissive or rude in response.

We mods pull back or let go of the leash when necessary. We expect a member of the community to be able to do that too.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario Wick. For years, we were accused of being in a clique and allowing different rules for different posters. We've watched posters leave because of this perception. We have worked with long term posters to help them change things that we could not overlook in the interest of consistency. We discuss with each other, and admin and others all the time.

While characters are revered around here, and internet friendships made, and respect given ... we have to make sure we are not making the site comfortable for a select few, while driving away diverse opinions and discussion.
It's a shame this situation has occurred, because the end result has been a great reduction of the highlighted above area.

I believe another prominent poster 'who went missing' for a year or 2 has been welcomed back (and I celebrate this), is it possible that the same leniency could be allowed with t60 in the future?

It's a shame this situation has occurred, because the end result has been a great reduction of the highlighted above area.

I believe another prominent poster 'who went missing' for a year or 2 has been welcomed back (and I celebrate this), is it possible that the same leniency could be allowed with t60 in the future?

I have to disagree that this caused a reduction of diverse opinions. Part of the reasoning was to not have those opinions ridiculed or dismissed out of hand.

I'm not sure who the prominent poster you speak of is, so can't be sure of the process for them returning.

Leniency has been given many times. Part of any return though, is a mea culpa and an understanding of the tighter rein on their re-introduction.

There is always communication going on behind the scenes.

Edit: I remember who the poster is. The removal was a one off event, and the contrition was evident and ongoing through discussions.

Last edited:
Respect ODN, I must have imagined that Aph deleted my post (see 561)
I remember your phone call so very well - I was getting close to Kinglake (having started from Hurstbridge where I had had to buy some walking clothes as my own had all gone up in smoke) and having to hide every time I heard a vehicle approaching (mostly police). After your call to say Thy was OK (Extinct Not Dead), I was able to reveal myself to the next one that passed to save me walking all the way back to Hurstbridge. I remember being amused by the fact that they told me I was a very naughty boy - I was 53yo at the time

Respect ODN, I must have imagined that Aph deleted my post (see 561)
I remember your phone call so very well - I was getting close to Kinglake (having started from Hurstbridge where I had had to buy some walking clothes as my own had all gone up in smoke) and having to hide every time I heard a vehicle approaching (mostly police). After your call to say Thy was OK (Extinct Not Dead), I was able to reveal myself to the next one that passed to save me walking all the way back to Hurstbridge. I remember being amused by the fact that they told me I was a very naughty boy - I was 53yo at the time
You're a bloody legend for doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back