2nds Power SANFL 2013, Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Finals Week 1 (League)
Blee – 26d 14k 12h 8m 0t 1cl 4i50 3r50 1.0g 4th Best
Heath – 18d 17k 1h 6m 4t 0cl 4i50 4r50 1.0g 6th Best
Salter – 18d 14k 4h 2m 3t 3cl 4i50 0r50 1.4g
D.Stewart – 12d 8k 4h 7m 2t 0cl 2i50 0r50 2.3g

Blee is too good for the SNAFL, but is just short of the required AFL standard.
I reckon he will poll well in the Margarine Medal.

I thought Webb looked pretty impressive on Sunday. Re-rookie?

Nick Salter's taken the mark of the year and kicked the goal of the year today. Guess it doesn't matter any more.

With Heath being pulled from the Eagles so he can have a full pre season does than mean that Stevenson is on borrowed time?

With Heath being pulled from the Eagles so he can have a full pre season does than mean that Stevenson is on borrowed time?

At a guess I'd say it's more to do with their injury histories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Weatherald providing special comments - you'd think you'd actually get someone who could speak, if you're looking for a commentator?

D.Stewart- 1 mark for the game. Salter is a great kick, great lead and excellent mark. Unfortunately, he has no tank, is injury prone and not tall enough for a KPP.

Amato goes alright.

Height don't matter if he can lead his opponent to the ball and avoid a contested situation

Tim Weatherald providing special comments - you'd think you'd actually get someone who could speak, if you're looking for a commentator?

One of the Gowan twins was in the commentary box during the year. It was like listening to a guy who'd just sucked out a helium balloon. My god.

Lewis Stevenson finally was able to play on an oval with some space and collected 24 possessions.

Matt Thomas finished with 34 possessions. No Magarey hangover for Big Matty T.

At a guess I'd say it's more to do with their injury histories.

Cheers, the reason I asked is because yesterday rucci said that Heath is not injured but is being rested from the sanfl finals due to an agreement that the aflpa has that players are required to have a certain time period between the end of season and pre season training. Port viewed starting pre season on time as being more important than playing for the Eagles. That's why I was wondering about Stephenson playing as what's good for the goose.................

Cheers, the reason I asked is because yesterday rucci said that Heath is not injured but is being rested from the sanfl finals due to an agreement that the aflpa has that players are required to have a certain time period between the end of season and pre season training. Port viewed starting pre season on time as being more important than playing for the Eagles. That's why I was wondering about Stephenson playing as what's good for the goose.................

So what happens next year if the seconds make finals?

6,000 last week and not a lot more this week, and that's with the biggest drawing club outside of Port playing today. It's a big reason the sanfl was so keen for Port to sign a reserves team deal.

The sanfl is slowly dying. Crowds are down and without Port and the Crows entering reserves side, the trend would continue. Just where are the next generation of supporters meant to come from. Kids of today have little or no interest in the sanfl. It's pretty much either Port or the Crows. It's a vicious cycle. With smaller crowds/interest comes reduced sponsorship and media interest.

And it doesn't help when clubs piss money down the toilet on interstate players trying to live up with the image of being the second best competition outside of the AFL.

The sanfl need the Port reserves team to play in the sanfl. It's the best chance of revitalising a slowly dying competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back