Powerade/ Gatorade

POWERADE/GATORADE

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

rick James said:
Um, so you're sure he wasn't just 10% better as an athlete?
Ah no ... two athletes were selected on similar performances...
You'd think this institute for sport would be able to demonstrate such practices without compromising the tests...
Coca Cola did not conduct the tests... The NSW Institute for Sport did...

http://www.foodproductdesign.com/archive/1998/0698DE.html

"The isotonics, by far, dominate the energy-drink category. The workhorse of the sweat set, this group is designed to replace salt, carbohydrates and water on an efficient, readily assimilable basis during exercise."

TheMase said:
Ah no ... two athletes were selected on similar performances...
You'd think this institute for sport would be able to demonstrate such practices without compromising the tests...
Coca Cola did not conduct the tests... The NSW Institute for Sport did...

http://www.foodproductdesign.com/archive/1998/0698DE.html

"The isotonics, by far, dominate the energy-drink category. The workhorse of the sweat set, this group is designed to replace salt, carbohydrates and water on an efficient, readily assimilable basis during exercise."

This is all totally irrelevant unless you are a high performance athlete.

I'll drink any of them but (much like red lollies), anything red is first choice followed by lemon/lime.

PowerKat said:
This is all totally irrelevant unless you are a high performance athlete.

True its like Mitch Hedberg said "I'm not sure if I'm allowed to drink Gatorade, cause I don't play sport, I'm just a thirsty dude. I'm not drinking gatorade because I just played basketball, I'm just dirnking it because liquid has not quenhced my thirst for some time. Does that little lightning bolt mean I can't have some? I don't know."

TheMase said:
Hydration is only for high performance athletes???

No, but it isn't like both only one of them hydrates you. It just appears one is marginally better at doing it when you're about to partake in serious physical activity, and you're already an athlete.

To be honest, water would probably do the job just as well for your average thirsty dude. Like me.

Lemon-lime Powerade, nothing else, and it's good because you can buy it in powder form, cheaparse I know but it's good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Powerade/ Gatorade

Back