Team Captain
Feb 1, 2007
Melton
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Local Footy
Hi all,
Our first practice match is against Newcombe in Geelong Sunday, who else is playing on this weekend, intra's included.

Today mernda had an easy 8 goal win against Wallan @ Wallan.
The wind was blowing straight down the ground and it was better weather for drinking than playing footy.
My better players were Aqua, Lezzy, Ty, Krysy ( with the angry pills), The Egg, The Eagle was moving very well and the new Buttsy not that anyone one had a bad game.
The really good news is that there is 5 players who will walk straight into that side plus a few pushing to make the ones. NOBODY wil get a free ride this year.
The Coach seems to know what he is doing and comes across ok.
Next Week we play Oak Park @ Mernda so lets keep the ball rolling :thumbsu:

West Preston Under 16s & 17s played Preston Bullants last night @ West Preston. It was a 6 quater game, 3 quaters to the 17s and the last 3 to the 16s.

Many positive things came out of this game, there's just some things the under 16s need to work on and last night was a perfect time to see what those things are and try to improve and work on them until the season starts. Some of us were stiff last night, but I hope that's got to improve.

As for the practise next week, I don't know who we play.

Today mernda had an easy 8 goal win against Wallan @ Wallan.
The wind was blowing straight down the ground and it was better weather for drinking than playing footy.
My better players were Aqua, Lezzy, Ty, Krysy ( with the angry pills), The Egg, The Eagle was moving very well and the new Buttsy not that anyone one had a bad game.
The really good news is that there is 5 players who will walk straight into that side plus a few pushing to make the ones. NOBODY wil get a free ride this year.
The Coach seems to know what he is doing and comes across ok.
Next Week we play Oak Park @ Mernda so lets keep the ball rolling :thumbsu:

the wind was shocking.. i think if it was better conditions would've been an easy 100point win for mernda.. apart from that number 21 from wallan man handling sheltz

where are all practise matches this weekend? mernda 19z reserves and 1stz all got oak park at home.. st marys playing keon park.. who else have a game this weekend??

Are they going to fill a side stamps? several sources have told me that they most they are getting at training is below 10 players but are in good hands with Ex-Collingwood Best and Fairest, Ex- Calder Cannons coach Rob Hyde down there, Confirmation?

Are they going to fill a side stamps? several sources have told me that they most they are getting at training is below 10 players but are in good hands with Ex-Collingwood Best and Fairest, Ex- Calder Cannons coach Rob Hyde down there, Confirmation?

i heard they had very good numbers since well before christmas.. they been trying to get a few boyz from mernda to go down there as well, but from what i last heard they definetly had enough playerz.. the rumour about rob hyde wouldnt surprise me either as he isn't doing much else right now however he was coaching the vic metro side after leaving calder cannons but can find this out quite easily

Fitzroy Stars V's Fitzroy Reds it's going to be an annual game called "Nicholls Bunton Cup"
with best on grounds
Fitzroy Football Club awarded - Kevin Murray Medal and
Fitzroy Stars Footbal Club awarded - Chris Johnson Medal

Playing this Saturday at Hall Reserve Ramsden Street Clifton Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wallan under 17s played epping under 16s/17s and beat them by over 10 goals i dont know the end score but it was a good game for wallan with 2 good players in the hoopers not playing. it was a good physical game but better ther were no fights in it.

Under 16s of West Preston played Whittlesea at home today, we started off with a bang and it continued throughout the game to come out the winners at the end.

We beat them by 10 or so goals.

saw Morang play down brighton way, look good big and strong, look like a total new side, not a lot of the old faces left. saw an old mate the tres play in the twos and hold his own quite well ??
I think they play wallan next week.
Heard they went really well up at Euroa last weekend an had a bit of fun afterwoods.

saw morang play aswell... a few positives in the first game with a few of the young players stepping up and also a few of the older faces playing their part aswell.... 2nd game was a bit disapointing just lacked a big target up forward and skills looked a bit poor throughout the day

saw morang play aswell... a few positives in the first game with a few of the young players stepping up and also a few of the older faces playing their part aswell.... 2nd game was a bit disapointing just lacked a big target up forward and skills looked a bit poor throughout the day

So did they win either game?

i heard they had very good numbers since well before christmas.. they been trying to get a few boyz from mernda to go down there as well, but from what i last heard they definetly had enough playerz.. the rumour about rob hyde wouldnt surprise me either as he isn't doing much else right now however he was coaching the vic metro side after leaving calder cannons but can find this out quite easily
StMary's played Monty on saturday morning at Pitcher park. It was a good close contest throughout and a very physical game. We werent sure how our boys would hold up being their first U19 game, but to their credit they took on the Monty and got up by a point in the last minutes.... a great team effort by the undersized Burra and shows that we will be competitive for the season proper. BTW look out for Moppa, Hoppa, Indy and co, they should some great spirit. Rob Hyde is at St Mary's in a development role with the Colts (u17) and has no input with the U19 boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Practice matches results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back