Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayne has played AFL, hopefully he rebounds and can add some value even if pushing players for a spot.

His output last year was poor and with some luck can get back to some good football.

I really can't see it. Mayne looks cooked. I remember early in the season he was lining up for goal 30 out on an angle. He didn't even make the distance and it was well off target. He looked like a guy that was kicking with shot quads or something. I hope you're right though.

Unless Curtis Taylor was the one in the other photo mentioned next to Broomhead?
I just watched a bit of a Calder Cannons game, and Taylor is a tall(ish), slim, dark-haired lad. He's certainly not the "mystery" player in the other photo, and it's probably him in the one with Sidebottom, but I still wouldn't bet on it. I've been looking for a photo of him and managed to find one, but he looks like he's about nine years old, so I didn't think it appropriate to post that!

He is meant to be a very good prospect, but of course we don't have a claim on him. Quaynor is another story!

Edit: Here's one! I think it's him in the photo you posted.

Last edited:

And Vicky Park will have so much fun with Quaynors hair.

Made for Vicky.

Note: can he beat Fatui Ataata's hairdo? Can anyone ever?

(Note: I never miss a chance to reminisce about Fatui Ataata)

And Vicky Park will have so much fun with Quaynors hair.

Made for Vicky.

Note: can he beat Fatui Ataata's hairdo? Can anyone ever?

(Note: I never miss a chance to reminisce about Fatui Ataata)
Just for old times' sake, Saintly! And for all those people who have no idea who he's talking about!!

Just for old times' sake, Saintly! And for all those people who have no idea who he's talking about!!

Love it!

And what a great great name he has too.

Fatui

Ataata

The Football Record named him Fatui (Ataata), yet the old AFL Historical Statistics website (official AFL site) had him on Collingwood's books (1983-85) as Frank. Doesn't have quite the same appeal, does it?!
Nope.

And he’ll always be Fatui to me.

He just wasn’t good enough at the highest level, but for someone tall he did have some dash.
Just not quite senior level talent.

Quaynor is a beast for a 17 year old. Looks like he skipped a few leg days but that's not unusual at that age. Gotta get dem guns.

The Football Record named him Fatui (Ataata), yet the old AFL Historical Statistics website (official AFL site) had him on Collingwood's books (1983-85) as Frank. Doesn't have quite the same appeal, does it?!
Weird. Never heard him referred to as Frank anywhere. Always Fatui. Its almost sacrilege to waste such a great name

Weird. Never heard him referred to as Frank anywhere. Always Fatui. Its almost sacrilege to waste such a great name
They (AFL stats people) probably just got that wrong, unless he was calling himself Frank when he first went to Collingwood, but most likely just an error.

Bit upset we didn't get Bonar (he's done a hammy already though) but this kid is every bit as physically intimidating

38871473502_f043a503de_c.jpg

Wells looks to be in very poor shape again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells looks to be in very poor shape again.

Kind of 180 degrees from what Warburton Lad has been writing - says he's at least a month or so ahead of what he was last year at this time and looking very sharp on the track.

Makes me want to go down and see with my own eyes one sunny morning if I can skip work!

It's ridiculous that this has even been made a deal.

Oooh club changes up Weds training routine. Which they actually said they were going to do this year & the Weds sessions was going to be a lighter session anyway.

Now if it just involved water balloons fine but them wimin folk, that's gunna destroy shit!!!
Water balloons this Wednesday might not be a bad idea.

When I said he was down at the pub having a drink over a week ago, I was shamed for suggesting he hadn't taken anything Bucks said seriously late last year about his preparation.

Not so much about having a drink its about the time of the year he was doing it in (just after he had an 8 week break)

Just shows this board are full of one eyed ******s.

No it just shows that people have a different view about the appropriateness of players having a glass of wine.

Reading a lot of the training reports this pre season and I’m liking what Hocking brings to the coaching group. The boys seem to be working well with him and he brings another competitive personally, but also seems very down to earth. I can see him being one of the reasons our list improves.

Reading a lot of the training reports this pre season and I’m liking what Hocking brings to the coaching group. The boys seem to be working well with him and he brings another competitive personally, but also seems very down to earth. I can see him being one of the reasons our list improves.

Not just with the playing group, I suggest the other coaches will benefit from a revered but accessible character.

Kind of 180 degrees from what Warburton Lad has been writing - says he's at least a month or so ahead of what he was last year at this time and looking very sharp on the track.

Makes me want to go down and see with my own eyes one sunny morning if I can skip work!
I've been down a couple times. That phot of Wells is a little decepyive imo. He didn't look overweight at all to me. (Or maybe it was because he was running next to Kirby, who indeed still has a little pud to lose)

Agreed. Hopefully it's just his posture in that phot that makes his physique look ordninary. I was thinking it was a 45 year old assistant coach.
How does posture affect Grandma arms?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back