Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he can still get his legs in the meggings.

Most blokes down at Langy seem to be going pretty well at the moment. Not our style to single out individuals though, we do everything as a team. Without a doubt a most tight-knit team in the league.

Heard Jake dwyer is flying on the track at the moment?

Started my pre-season for the pre-season today.

2 x (8 x 30s @ 85%, 30s jog)

3 minute break between reps

Playing indoor footy at Cranbourne on a Sunday night (probably not the best night to do it). Top game though, pretty tough especially if you have a good hangover.

Our indoor footy team is near on unstoppable. 3 vfl players, century goalkicker efl div 1 and probably the best full back indoor footy has seen.

What are you guys trying to say? ;)

Nah, it is just a team with a few mates. Just for fun, not playing for sheep stations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought a new pair of asics runners and went down to cricket training, jogged a lap and did some stride throughs and rolled the arm over for half an hour. Felt a bit light-headed so went to the bar early.

Awoke the next morning with all sorts of aches, put the new runners up the back of the cupboard. Will get them out again in March.

how does indoor footy work?

Bit hard to explain on the internet. Guess the main rules are:
  • No tackling
  • 5 seconds to get rid of the ball
  • Can kick any distance and it's a mark
  • No soccering
  • No punching
  • 8 points for a goal to the full forward
  • Can't kick a goal from the back half
  • 4 quarters of 7 minutes
  • 6 players a team
  • 1 fullback and fullforward who aren't allowed over halfway

Good game - probably a bit similar to netball.

If you want to have a real go at Football style sport during summer, the Gaelic league in Melbourne has a summer season. Full gaelic rules, so no contact, but works all the muscles and has the same running patterns as AFL, so is the perfect fitness if you're young enough to keep going during summer. Minimal contact and not terribly hotly contested.

Games are roughly only every 2-3 weeks.

I think the games start after Christmas. A few nyora guys played for Garryowen a few years back. All games are played in Keysborough at Gaelic Park. You can go down and watch the Hurling as well, even try playing if you don't like having teeth and enjoy being hit with sticks.

Haha considering you have ate the entire Caulfield racetrack out of chiko rolls two weeks running I think it's time you got back into a bit of training. And no the two handed basketball dribble on the CQ dancefloor doesn't count.

Haha considering you have ate the entire Caulfield racetrack out of chiko rolls two weeks running I think it's time you got back into a bit of training. And no the two handed basketball dribble on the CQ dancefloor doesn't count.

For the millionth time they were NOT chiko rolls Rattler... Spring rolls....

For the millionth time they were NOT chiko rolls Rattler... Spring rolls....

Thanks for clearing that up Ontheburst....

Surkin i may have eaten a few Spring Rolls Saturday but at least I kept them down. You packed your own organic lentil salad with hibiscus flowers and didnt make it past 9pm before you were throwing up lettuce leafs all over the toilet bowl....:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back