Predict the 'break out' player of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah? How many Brownlows has he won bro?.................... Exactly, Lycett is shit :p

Am I the only one who isn't getting as excited over Tunbridge as all the fanboys? I was stoked when he finally got a couple games last year, but I don't think he showed as much as people seem to think.

Oh yeah? How many Brownlows has he won bro?.................... Exactly, Lycett is shit :p

Am I the only one who isn't getting as excited over Tunbridge as all the fanboys? I was stoked when he finally got a couple games last year, but I don't think he showed as much as people seem to think.

He's a big, fast and hits contests hard. Can roost the ball a fair way and he's a decent mark. Plenty to like.

The biggest thing for Tunners in 2014 is not injuring himself or getting suspended at the wrong times. Had a late start to 2013 because he was suspended in a preseason WAFL game. He came into the reserves side in round five. Perth had a bye in round six so he didn't play, he came back in round seven and was BOG vs East Perth in spite of missing a fair chunk of the game due to a finger injury that saw him miss the next three games. He then return via the reserves side in round 10 and ended up playing a reserves game for West Perth when Perth had a bye a couple of weeks later to give himself some match fitness.

His worst games for the season came mid season after his limited minutes in his AFL debut against Essendon and the next two games that occurred after two byes in three weeks. He then strung some good to solid games together at seasons end before getting a round 23 call up.

GWS wasn't in the AFL in 2011 though and he a 17/18yo playing in a second string state league.

This year will be Tunbridge's 4th pre-season in the AFL system and the 3rd year on our list. He is also now on the main list not a rookie.

It is widely acknowledged that most players drafted as 18 year old's take at least 2>3 years before they develop the strength and endurance base to play consistently at this level. Tunners had the advantage of training with GWS a year earlier than most and has been reported as being a hard trainer and showed glimpses late last season after injuries staled his progress in 2013.

If he can stay injury free he has a good base to have a breakout season.:thumbsu:

This year will be Tunbridge's 4th pre-season in the AFL system and the 3rd year on our list. He is also now on the main list not a rookie.

It is widely acknowledged that most players drafted as 18 year old's take at least 2>3 years before they develop the strength and endurance base to play consistently at this level. Tunners had the advantage of training with GWS a year earlier than most and has been reported as being a hard trainer and showed glimpses late last season after injuries staled his progress in 2013.

If he can stay injury free he has a good base to have a breakout season.:thumbsu:

jack-darling-353-300x0.jpg

Whatup..

I did say most.:D Darling was a man child and monstered opponents playing in the U18 comp.

Even so I think we will start seeing Darling playing more midfield this year because he now has the endurance base to go with his natural size. It was reported that in is first two seasons he hardly trained at 100% during the week especially in the last two thirds of the season, it was mainly light training and recovery from the games. Now he is starting to push harder during the week and we can expect bigger and better things from Jack.:thumbsu:

I expect a top 3 finish in our B&F in 2014 if he stays fit.

You're not the only one. I don't know if he has the smarts or desire to make the most of his good athletic ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Mally MagiKark will need 12 months to set himself up for a breakout in 2015.
On that basis, I have to go with Hutchi to take his game to a new level in 2014 - he's the man!
Hope so .been a fan of hutchy at WP and was rapt the eagles gave him a go ,plenty of upside in his game ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Predict the 'break out' player of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back