Prelim loss still hurts Danger

Remove this Banner Ad

And why shouldnt it still hurt Danger.. The Cats had a premiership right there for the taking.

And why shouldnt it still hurt Danger.. The Cats had a premiership right there for the taking.
Not sure it was their for the taking... That implies we had the remaining teams covered at the time, and considering we lost the prelim to a team who flogged us at KP during the year and finished as minor premier that suggests it wasnt. And as already mentioned we got lucky in beating the hawks in the first final.

Self indulgent junk.
Geelong had a great season.
We did too.
It is always something in common between the current players and fans because it is a team game...we all share that slice of disappointment when your mob are top 20%, but someone else is simply a bit better.
Making a prelim is still a bloody good season that fans and players begin to appreciate after the dust settles.

Even Caddy. He may not be a star, but he was their 3rd best mid.

They do get the advantage of playing in Geelong, and playing a lot of interstate teams there.
thats worth some wins.

But given you have GWS, Adelaide & Sydney as the top 3 lists in the comp, West Coast getting better, Freo set to rebound, Dons with an easy draw and a lot of class returning, the Dees and Saints knocking on the door, Port building their depth and reigning Premier full of confidence, top 8 will be hard to get into unless you are on all season.

Caddy 3rd best mid, lol no.

Self indulgent junk.
Geelong had a great season.
We did too.
It is always something in common between the current players and fans because it is a team game...we all share that slice of disappointment when your mob are top 20%, but someone else is simply a bit better.
Making a prelim is still a bloody good season that fans and players begin to appreciate after the dust settles.

Weird rant, Crazy John is a Hawthorn supporting troll, look at how many Danger threads he has created.

Don't get too caught up.

If a Prelim loss still haunts Danger imagine how upset he'll be with an Elimination Final loss this year and no finals at all in 2018?

If a Prelim loss still haunts Danger imagine how upset he'll be with an Elimination Final loss this year and no finals at all in 2018?

Not sure what makes you think the Cats will slide. They should be flag favourites.

Dangerfield's pain over last years preliminary final loss, and the qualifying final win over Hawthorn being the best win of his career, just shows how much he bleeds for Geelong.

He never bled for the Crows in the same way that he bleeds for the Cats.

Joel Selwood is much the same, as he was born and bred a Cat.

This is one reason why the Cats will continue to be a force, rather than slide into mediocrity.

Not sure what makes you think the Cats will slide. They should be flag favourites.

Dangerfield's pain over last years preliminary final loss, and the qualifying final win over Hawthorn being the best win of his career, just shows how much he bleeds for Geelong.

This is one reason why the Cats will continue to be a force, rather than slide into mediocrity.
Um, I don't think you are doing Danger many favours there. He has always been 100%. Always. The bond he has with lots of his ex-AFC team-mates was forged in pretty tough circumstances ... he bled plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, it's not healthy to delude yourself like that.

I remember Danger on the phone on the bench talking to Sando when he had an injured shoulder, telling Sando to take him off the bench and that he would play through his injury. Putting himself on the line. So yeah, I would say he gave 100% for Crows.

Not sure what makes you think the Cats will slide.

Because it suits his agenda. ....one I suggest you don't pursue......

However, if you enjoy smashing yourself in the face with a brick, then by all means engage with him. Its easy...just use the word...."Scott"..I'm sure he would love another forum to espouse his views.

He is a bit of a fan of Hardwick though, so perhaps you could embrace him over on the Tiger board.?

Should be flag favourites? Danger will bleed for any side he plays for, thats the mark of the man. Just like Joel Selwood. They have no where near enough support around them to be anywhere near flag favourites. Hopefully for the cats players like Duncan, Guthrie, Motlop and others will lift to another level but at this stage GWS, Sydney, Dogs have three times the players Geelong have and are twice as good as them.

If anyone is hurting from Prelim losses Griffen trumps Danger.

Eventually the probability of playing in a Grand Final comes Ryan Griffen's way ( you would think/hope for GWS fans)
It never did for Brad Johnson as you know...

I remember Danger on the phone on the bench talking to Sando when he had an injured shoulder, telling Sando to take him off the bench and that he would play through his injury. Putting himself on the line. So yeah, I would say he gave 100% for Crows.
So? I was a very average surburban player and played through injury each week and put my body on the line. That was what was expected of me. Of course he gave 100% at Crows but a different club and different people can bring out the best in someone. Danger is a better player at Geelong than Adelaide. Doesnt mean he tries any harder, just his environment is better.

Should be flag favourites? Danger will bleed for any side he plays for, thats the mark of the man. Just like Joel Selwood. They have no where near enough support around them to be anywhere near flag favourites. Hopefully for the cats players like Duncan, Guthrie, Motlop and others will lift to another level but at this stage GWS, Sydney, Dogs have three times the players Geelong have and are twice as good as them.
I agree with the not enough support part.... But saying the swans, giants and you guys are twice as good is laughable.... We went 3-3 in combined matches vs the aforementioned teams so id suggest we are very much as good.

Caddy,whilst a goodish footballer, and a player I would have preferred to keep, was far from our 3rd best mid. That was most evident from the fact he rarely played as a mid. Ahead of him were Danger, Selwood, Guthrie, Blicavs with Menagola and S.Selwood coming into the middle late in the year in preference to Caddy. That is a fact.
Now, that could be partially because he was a crafty goal kicker (averaging about one per game with 20 touches), or alternately it could be because in close his body movements are a bit slow. He lacks elusiveness and agility in packs etc. Whilst time stands still for Pendleberry, it speeds up for Caddy. Its always been my knock on him. Watch him closely next year, you'll see. He'll be better served as a forward flank with a small amount of mid time.
Bullshit. Guthrie, Mengola, S.Selwood were no where near as consistent as Caddy. And if you are talking about agility and elusiveness, Scott Selwood is nowhere near the footballer of Caddy. He is as slow as wet week and not a threat to anyone. Of course Danger and Selwood are in a league of their own, they are superstars. But Caddy is twice as good as the other players you mentioned. Thety havent done anything.

I agree with the not enough support part.... But saying the swans, giants and you guys are twice as good is laughable.... We went 3-3 in combined matches vs the aforementioned teams so id suggest we are very much as good.
Cant argue with that.

Yer you might have went 3/3 but when it mattered the most the Cats were well short. Im looking forward to seeing players like Duncan, Guthrie, Motlop, Mengola lift to another level, because it is there for them and thats what the cats need. But at this stage the top sides I mentioned have players that are far more consistent than them and have double the players that produce better than what they do. Of course that can change so it will interesting to see if the cats young guns can help ease the load off champions like Danger and Selwood

Find it amusing Cats fans not rating Josh Caddy. As a dogs fan, always played well when I saw him. Easily the cats best midfielder behind champions Selwood and Danger. Will be be great at the tigers, along with Prestia. Cotchin, Martin, Caddy, Prestia is more than competitive against anyone. Tigers just need a few more step up.

Yer you might have went 3/3 but when it mattered the most the Cats were well short. Im looking forward to seeing players like Duncan, Guthrie, Motlop, Mengola lift to another level, because it is there for them and thats what the cats need. But at this stage the top sides I mentioned have players that are far more consistent than them and have double the players that produce better than what they do. Of course that can change so it will interesting to see if the cats young guns can help ease the load off champions like Danger and Selwood
Fair enough summation of the players who need to improve as I agree, but all top teams have guys in that boat... Im sure the swans fans expect alot more consistency and better output from guys like Rohan, Tippet, Reid ( injured last yr I know ) etc... Will be interesting to see nontheless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back