Premiership Coach - 2018 AFL playing list - In progress

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been editing saved games since the game came out with no issues of the game crashing with my edits, but since around August 2017 anytime I edit my saves the game just doesn't load (even though I have been doing the same edits since the game came out in 2011 with no issues).

I have a windows 10 PC (so the automatic updates can cause issues for some of my PC games) and I am wondering if it has something to do with a newer version of notepad being updated or something? It's really disappointing; I have been editing my game for years and years and my saved game starting in the 2017 year is accurate to every draftee taken from the 2011 to 2016 drafts, the correct player movements for each year and the correct premiership teams for each year. I have backups of this saved game which works fine until I edit it.

The error that comes up is essentially saying that the loader doesn't recognize any of the data I edited through notepad. This started happening from about August 2017 on wards and therefore the player files corrupt the game. I'd love to hear if anyone else has encountered my issue and has a solution (I am not holding my breath though:()?

I have been editing saved games since the game came out with no issues of the game crashing with my edits, but since around August 2017 anytime I edit my saves the game just doesn't load (even though I have been doing the same edits since the game came out in 2011 with no issues).

I have a windows 10 PC (so the automatic updates can cause issues for some of my PC games) and I am wondering if it has something to do with a newer version of notepad being updated or something? It's really disappointing; I have been editing my game for years and years and my saved game starting in the 2017 year is accurate to every draftee taken from the 2011 to 2016 drafts, the correct player movements for each year and the correct premiership teams for each year. I have backups of this saved game which works fine until I edit it.

The error that comes up is essentially saying that the loader doesn't recognize any of the data I edited through notepad. This started happening from about August 2017 on wards and therefore the player files corrupt the game. I'd love to hear if anyone else has encountered my issue and has a solution (I am not holding my breath though:()?
Maybe try editing through Wordpad instead.

Depends on whether you're playing with the orginal lists or & a newer one. Usually scouts best available talent anyway regardless of age & also scouts players recently delisted from AFL. Don't think you can turn it off.

Personally something like 8 throughout the until about 2 weeks from round 1, then 5 throughout the year.

Just a quick thing. I could help do some player ratings for 2018. I'm no expert or coder at all, but I'd say I know my footy. If others want chip in I'm sure we could get 2018 lists out by possibly mid year. I've got to learn some things along the way & it won't be as thorough as Haydo's lists.

Depends on whether you're playing with the orginal lists or & a newer one. Usually scouts best available talent anyway regardless of age & also scouts players recently delisted from AFL. Don't think you can turn it off.

Personally something like 8 throughout the until about 2 weeks from round 1, then 5 throughout the year.

Just a quick thing. I could help do some player ratings for 2018. I'm no expert or coder at all, but I'd say I know my footy. If others want chip in I'm sure we could get 2018 lists out by possibly mid year. I've got to learn some things along the way & it won't be as thorough as Haydo's lists.
I'm down. If there's like 9 of us, we could do 2 each or like even 6 of us would work imo. Let's see how many wanna do this first

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey Guys,
Been working slowly on the lists, got a couple of teams depth charts done so far, more work to be done though.
Adelaide:
Adelaide.jpg
Brisbane:
Brisbane.jpg

Let me know what you guys think of each list, Ratings, positions & players. Especially the younger ones, really don't know about players who haven't played AFL.

Updated

Last edited:

I'm happy to help out

Hey Guys,
Some more depth charts for you. As per usual tell me what you guys think about positions & ratings. I'll change them to fit.
Carlton:
Carlton.jpg

Collingwood:
Collingwood.jpg

Do you guys wants a fully updated list with everything updated to an inch of accuracy or just the names on the list updated?
If you want the playing list I could get it out by end of Feb. Whole sha-bang mid season or later at best.

Hey Guys,
Some more depth charts for you. As per usual tell me what you guys think about positions & ratings. I'll change them to fit.
Carlton:
View attachment 453941

Collingwood:
View attachment 453942

Do you guys wants a fully updated list with everything updated to an inch of accuracy or just the names on the list updated?
If you want the playing list I could get it out by end of Feb. Whole sha-bang mid season or later at best.
Would love a fully updated list cheers!!!!

Hey guys, I've been going through and having a little fiddle just to try a few things with some updated lists but it's pretty tedious. Does anyone know if there's a way to make it easier to find certain players? Or to at least have them in order of team? Currently all my files are shown like this and it impossible to know who is who unless you open every single one.
Cheers

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-31_17-37-35.png
    upload_2018-1-31_17-37-35.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 98
Hey Guys,

A few more depth charts for you. As always tell me what you guys think. I'll change it around & update it. Currently working on Fremantle, while some others are being finalized. Once we start uploading this onto the game should look great.

Essendon: Essendon.jpg

St.Kilda:
St.Kilda.jpg
Edited: Updated St.Kilda

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final lot done by me.
Gold Coast:
Gold Coast.jpg
North Melbourne:
North Melbourne.jpg

I just have to turn the others into a spreadsheet, then you guys can look. The game editing begins.

More. Quick Heads up. Tippett & Griffiths retired recently I have included them on the ratings, but outside of any sorting.
Sydney:
Sydney.jpg
Richmond:
Richmond.jpg
Updated both teams

Last edited:
Final One.
Port Adelaide:
Port.jpg
At this point I'm planning on releasing just the playing lists as early as possible. (I've done 2 players so far) With a club, staff & more full update later in the year. Just so you guys can start playing 2018 hopefully around Round 1 or 2. Purists please be patient.

Edited: Updated Port.

Last edited:
Final One.
Port Adelaide:

View attachment 457304

At this point I'm planning on releasing just the playing lists as early as possible. (I've done 2 players so far) With a club, staff & more full update later in the year. Just so you guys can start playing 2018 hopefully around Round 1 or 2. Purists please be patient.
Howard and Jonas are TD
Hartlett SD

Hey guys, I've been going through and having a little fiddle just to try a few things with some updated lists but it's pretty tedious. Does anyone know if there's a way to make it easier to find certain players? Or to at least have them in order of team? Currently all my files are shown like this and it impossible to know who is who unless you open every single one.
Cheers
Use the search box on the top right hand corner of your screen shot. Searching while in just the player folder and seach using last name is the easiest way.

Also, make sure you've set up your screen so that you can preview a file you have highlighted over. That way your in the right players file with in seconds.

Hope that helps.

Use the search box on the top right hand corner of your screen shot. Searching while in just the player folder and seach using last name is the easiest way.

Also, make sure you've set up your screen so that you can preview a file you have highlighted over. That way your in the right players file with in seconds.

Hope that helps.
I've found if you edit the folder in desktop or any non-protected part of the PC your search results will even display the player name straight up. Don't even need the preview pane enabled.

Hey Guys,

A few more depth charts for you. As always tell me what you guys think. I'll change it around & update it. Currently working on Fremantle, while some others are being finalized. Once we start uploading this onto the game should look great.

Essendon:View attachment 455414

St.Kilda:View attachment 455415
Just few changes for Saints list.

Coffield - MID
Gresham, Acres, Webster, Longer, Marshall potential should be higher. Gresham above 85, rest above 82. Some position changes, Armitage is a inside min and newnes is outside mid. That's all! Rest looks decent but those changes only, if you can make them please do otherwise thank for you doing this!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Coach - 2018 AFL playing list - In progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Back