News Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Well, the first tid-bit of preseason news has made its way onto the Swans website, so I thought we should have a thread it and any other news that follows.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/104758/default.aspx

Predictably, with Barlow now delisted, Gordon won the 3k time trial comfortably. McNeil's time was very promising, recording a PB and coming second, while LJ shaved 40 seconds off his previous time and is looking fit.

There's a nice video attached to the article which shows a few interviews. Johnston is still looking a bit stick-like, but he mentioned weights so hopefully he can bulk up over the preseason without losing too much fitness. He certainly has the frame for it.

Was interesting, liked TDl's mad dash to the finish haha. Was nice to see johnston go 40 seconds better than previously, do we know who the scholarship kids are they mentioned?

Unrelated but does anyone have ****ing problems with bigpond video? Every ****ing clip cuts out after about 20 seconds for every quality option but low for me. Really starting to piss me right off.

Blake Guthrie was one of the scholarship guys. I think he came 2nd.

Hopefully Meredith can have an uninterrupted pre-season. Have always rated him. Might be a breakout year for him in 2011.

Johnston needs to put on more bulk as others have mentioned. I am sure he'll have a big weights program over summer.

Good to see McNeill up there.

If not for persistent injury, Meredith would have been in our starting 22 for 2010. He has the balance & composure that is required to play at the elite level.
I really rate him as a midfielder.

If not for persistent injury, Meredith would have been in our starting 22 for 2010. He has the balance & composure that is required to play at the elite level.
I really rate him as a midfielder.
Exactly definetly has the tools to be a great player. One of my favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think he had a shoulder operation the tuesday after the bulldogs game. It was mentioned in the news somewhere.

Good to see Andrejs getting into it ASAP. Good to see Currie running well. He needs an enormous season.

If Johnston gets really fit it will get the best out of him and I think he will be agreat chance of breaking into the seniors side, needs a bit of luck with injuries too though. And the way the coaches talk up Meredith and if he keeps improving his times I wouldn't be surprised if he was right in the mix come round 1.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/photo galleries/tabid/16822/default.aspx

There's a new gallery up with some preseason snaps.

A few things struck me:

Daniel Currie does not look like he has put on any weight. Still looks like a stick insect.

Dylan McNeil's new haircut looks like something out of Revenge of the Nerds.

Jetta HAS put on weight, and looks a good deal stronger than last year (hopefully not to the detriment of his speed).

Lewis Johnston is looking fit, if not quite power-forward material.

Andrejs Everitt is BIG. Bigger than I realised. There's a photo of him, picture 3, standing near somebody else I didn't recognise, possibly a scholarship player, and he absolutely dwarfs him. Nice broad shoulders too.

Has TDL grown a couple of inches? Maybe it was just an optical illusion, but he looks mighty lanky in pic 10. He's 22, so it would be odd for him to still be growing, but yeah...

Who is it in picture 2? Looks kinda like Michael Clarke!

Is that Taylor Gilchrist in picture 7, running just ahead of Hank?

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/photo galleries/tabid/16822/default.aspx

There's a new gallery up with some preseason snaps.

A few things struck me:

Daniel Currie does not look like he has put on any weight. Still looks like a stick insect.

Dylan McNeil's new haircut looks like something out of Revenge of the Nerds.

Jetta HAS put on weight, and looks a good deal stronger than last year (hopefully not to the detriment of his speed).

Lewis Johnston is looking fit, if not quite power-forward material.

Andrejs Everitt is BIG. Bigger than I realised. There's a photo of him, picture 3, standing near somebody else I didn't recognise, possibly a scholarship player, and he absolutely dwarfs him. Nice broad shoulders too.

Has TDL grown a couple of inches? Maybe it was just an optical illusion, but he looks mighty lanky in pic 10. He's 22, so it would be odd for him to still be growing, but yeah...

Who is it in picture 2? Looks kinda like Michael Clarke!

Is that Taylor Gilchrist in picture 7, running just ahead of Hank?
No idea about picture 2, but I think the guy you're referring to in picture 7 is Jack Lynch. Compare that picture with picture 16 in the previous set of photos

75831_501549055038_679670038_6980366_6500705_n.jpg

Shotties is that Sam Crichton, next to McGlynn? (Right click, View Image for the full sized version)

Edit: On second thoughts, it's Garry Moss. Oops.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back