News Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

He is massive for a midfielder. I saw him at the Aus Open (golf) last year. He has such a wide back and small neck which makes him look even bigger.

kennedy_246.jpg

Brings back memories of this picture.

Worse photoshop ever, reminds me of that site manbabies where they photoshop a baby's heads on their father's body and vice versa.

He is going to be very difficult to tackle and bring to ground, not that it was an easy task last year. I can see him standing up in the tackle and offloading to a Hannebery or Goodes from a ball up or throw-in.

If you watch Hannebery's highlights on the website you see him do that pretty much every time hanners gets it :)

Finally we get a time for the 3km time trial, despite the club saying they don't keep official times due to the variable nature of the course

HE grew up dreaming of becoming a Wallaby, but Eugene Kruger now finds himself a Swan.

The former schoolboy rugby star has been on the Swans' rookie list for just over a month and he is already setting standards for fitness.

On Friday, he won the club's gruelling 3km time trial in a time of 9min 51sec, finishing just ahead of last year's AFL rising star winner Dan Hannebery.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...amps-in-his-dust/story-e6frexwr-1225996683529

what makes the clubs 3km time trial especially 'gruelling'? Is it uphill? dont get me wrong I understand it would be hard if you push anyway but is it a flat run, Im just comparing times in my head.

He is massive for a midfielder. I saw him at the Aus Open (golf) last year. He has such a wide back and small neck which makes him look even bigger.

kennedy_246.jpg

Brings back memories of this picture.

It's amusing that we're sitting here disucssing a bloke such as Kennedy, and what we might see in terms of imrpovement from him, and about how good he was last season.

Yet down here in Victoria, there's the usual media foaming over the likes of Bryce Gibbs (just one example), who would be rated by most non-Swans people well above Kennedy, yet has shown nothing of the class, consistency and guts of someone like Kennedy.

There would be at least a dozen similar much cases from the midfields of Victorian teams, and I'm not here to dump on any of them.

But geez it's great to see Kennedy in a Swans jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you just get the feeling the Hawks will be ruing that one for a long time. Kennedy was superb with his body work in the packs, he's just too big for most midfielders.

That passage of play that started at 1:25 and ended in a goal to Hannebery is one of the reasons I'm so excited about our future.

Your first footy fix of the year, and there is a Swans flavour to it:

Adam Goodes will captain the Michael O'Loughlin-coached Indigenous All Stars as they take on Richmond on Saturday night. ABC1 is showing it live 8.30pm Saturday 5th Feb.

Your first footy fix of the year, and there is a Swans flavour to it:

Adam Goodes will captain the Michael O'Loughlin-coached Indigenous All Stars as they take on Richmond on Saturday night. ABC1 is showing it live 8.30pm Saturday 5th Feb.

Thanks for the information. I'll have to tape it and watch when I get home from the Twenty20 Big Bash final that night; either that or watch it the next morning.

The AFL All-Stars Squad is

Tony Armstrong (Adelaide)
Graham Johncock (Adelaide)
Sam Sheldon (Brisbane)
Eddie Betts (Carlton)
Andrew Walker (Carlton)
Chris Yarran (Carlton)
Alwyn Davey (Essendon)
Courtenay Dempsey (Essendon)
Leroy Jetta (Essendon)
Patrick Ryder (Essendon)
Matthew Stokes (Geelong)
Harley Bennell (Gold Coast)
Curtley Hampton (GWS)
Gerard Ugle (GWS)
Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
Jamie Bennell (Melbourne)
Aaron Davey (Melbourne)
Liam Jurrah (Melbourne)
Matt Campbell (North Melbourne)
Cruise Garlett (North Melbourne)
Lindsay Thomas (North Melbourne)
Daniel Wells (North Melbourne)
Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide)
Marlon Motlop (Port Adelaide)
Danyle Pearce (Port Adelaide)
Adam Goodes (capt) (Sydney)
Lewis Jetta (Sydney)
Byron Sumner (Sydney)
Nathan Djerrkura (Western Bulldogs)
Liam Jones (Western Bulldogs)
Zephaniah Skinner (Western Bulldogs)
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls (West Coast)

The squad is currently 32 but will be cut to a squad of 30 on Wednesday.

Coached by Micky O!
Live on ABC1 Friday 8.30pm 4th February

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/multimedia/tabid/8664/contentid/330800/default.aspx

Horse talking about some of our injuries.

It seems hopefully:

Mumford and Bradshaw to play in the 3rd round of the NAB (both yet to start any ball work).

LRT and Tadhg hoping to be fit by the week before round 1 of the regular season but in that case would probably be unlikely to be ready for the Melbourne game (would need some more match fitness)

Reid and Nick Smith doing some ball work with and without the group respectively and sounds like they might be right for a game or 2 in the NAB

Remove this Banner Ad

News Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back