Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
What a terrific player.

With a bit of luck he'll play some role in admin of the game over the next few years.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3550739/Steve-Price-retiring-at-end-of-year

Former New Zealand Warriors captain Steve Price has confirmed he will retire from rugby league at the end of this season.

The news was made at a press conference at Warriors headquarters early this afternoon.

The 35-year-old prop admitted to a mixture of emotion and relief in finally making the decision.

Not a massive surprise, I mean he's 35 turning 36, but still a bit sad. Great player, along with Petero one of the first two players i would have chosen in my side over the last 5-10 years, Qld will miss these kind of props.

Yeah, no surprise. We lose another great ambasssador for the game of rugby league. As one said, with any luck, Price will be snapped up by the NRL in some sort of Administrative role. The guy demands respect from players, coaches, fans and all in between.

dr nick said:
who is this "John" you speak of?

No idea mate. Comes in posts once every few months and then goes.

dr nick said:
PS: all NRL club members get in free this friday night to help farewell him.

Great stuff. Hopefully he gets a massive send off.

One of my all time favourite rl players. I hope he gets his injury right so he can get back on the field and be farewelled in style.

He presents really well off-field and I am sure he has a career waiting for him in the media or maybe in some sort of coaching position.

Cayless has also announced his retirement (bout time!). Could be a few other big ones this year, would imagine that Kimmorley, Barrett and Lockyer are all a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signed on but doesnt mean he wont retire, and he looks shot the way he is playing
Agree. Nobody wants to see him retuire playing with a rabble. He should call it quits now I reckon. Has nothing left to prove and the Broncs will finish bottom 4.

Lockyer will fire blanks come origin time. Playing for the wrong reasons. His club side is shit, so he wants to play Origin.
He should have called it quits. Champion and all-time great of the game.
Playing on for Origin this year is silly. Playing for himself rather than the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Price to hang up boots at season end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back