Primus officially Port coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Primus is a good appointment.

But I was looking forward to having identical twin coaches.

It will happen if Chris is anywhere near as good as Brad - from what I have seen of Brad in the media, you guys have a good one there and from all reports Chris is not that far behind.

I think it's a good decision, though if they'd gone with Richardson it may make things less complicated for the guys selecting the next EFC coach..

I had mixed feelings about who we should appoint, even tending towards an 'outsider', but now that Matty Primus has been appointed, he has my 1,000,000 % support.

The selection panel & board had the results of the testing procedures, plus were in direct communication with all involved, so they were best placed to make the decision, rather some internet heroes big noting themselves.

Cheer, cheer the black and the white
Honour the Magpies day and by night
It's true Port Adelaide tradition
We'll never stop, stop, stop
Til we're top, top, top.

EDIT - Wait for round one, if Salter is at FF, he'll be a great Coach, if Salter is in the backlines, he'll be shite.

ahhhhhhhhhhh yes.

do you really think like this?

if salter is in the backlines, he'll be shit? just like that?

****ing head has exploded

I had mixed feelings about who we should appoint, even tending towards an 'outsider', but now that Matty Primus has been appointed, he has my 1,000,000 % support.

The selection panel & board had the results of the testing procedures, plus were in direct communication with all involved, so they were best placed to make the decision, rather some internet heroes big noting themselves.

They were best placed to make the decision last time; how'd that work out?

ahhhhhhhhhhh yes.

do you really think like this?

if salter is in the backlines, he'll be shit? just like that?

****ing head has exploded

Yup, that's exactly what I think.

That post was completely serious.

Primus = Williams with a dash of Craig (Port fan's worst nightmare???)

Scott would of been good, he's been involved with Fremantle through a rebuild so he knows what to do at Port to get them up and going. Primus only knows success and that is what he would want year in year out. He will not accept poor seasons, therefore they'll try and live the creed.

Unfortunately for Primus the team isn't as good as required and they're just going to live with half a decade of mediocrity untill the board grows the balls to ditch him and bring someone else in

A lot is going to hinge on his ability to turn over the list. Port have some pretty handy youth (Boak, Gray, Hartlett, Broadbent, Trengove, Stewart, Banner and Salter just to name a few) but the 25 and over group is badly lacking (apart from Kornes and Cassisi).

Will he have the balls to sever the apron stings with Chad and Motlop? Pettigrew and Harding should also be shown the door as they are nothing more than list cloggers.

If he focusses on the long term and plays the younger guys ahead of the has beens/spuds, I reckon he is a good chance to rejuvenate the club although it might take a year or 2 of pain. If he falls into Choco habits, then Port are in strife.

A lot is going to hinge on his ability to turn over the list. Port have some pretty handy youth (Boak, Gray, Hartlett, Broadbent, Trengove, Stewart, Banner and Salter just to name a few) but the 25 and over group is badly lacking (apart from Kornes and Cassisi).

Will he have the balls to sever the apron stings with Chad and Motlop? Pettigrew and Harding should also be shown the door as they are nothing more than list cloggers.

If he focusses on the long term and plays the younger guys ahead of the has beens/spuds, I reckon he is a good chance to rejuvenate the club although it might take a year or 2 of pain. If he falls into Choco habits, then Port are in strife.

ah....I agree. good call for a crow supporter.;) Might hang on to Pettigrew mainly for depth tho.

Primus = Williams with a dash of Craig (Port fan's worst nightmare???)

Scott would of been good, he's been involved with Fremantle through a rebuild so he knows what to do at Port to get them up and going. Primus only knows success and that is what he would want year in year out. He will not accept poor seasons, therefore they'll try and live the creed.

Unfortunately for Primus the team isn't as good as required and they're just going to live with half a decade of mediocrity untill the board grows the balls to ditch him and bring someone else in

wonderful post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mediocre club with a mediocre coach.

Bet he hangs onto a couple of Cornes and show how bland a coach he'll be.

Nothing to get excited about at Alberton. Failed experiment.

Good luck to Primus , but I dare say there will be a lot of unhappy Port fans. Why don't they appoint someone who has NO ties to the club whatsoever? What is their obsession with giving the coaching jobs to strictly Port-affiliated people?

I truly hope (kind of) for Port's sake that it isn't the same old Port.
More than likely you are hoping there will be a lot of unhappy Port fans?
Although most wanted someone from outside the club originally.Matty Primus is a club favorite and every Port supporter I talked to Today who heard the news was more than happy.

It was reported that Primus was the only candidate invited to give his final presentation to the board. Why wasn't Chris Scott given a chance to do this? Sounds like Port had made up their mind too early if this is the case.

It was reported that Primus was the only candidate invited to give his final presentation to the board. Why wasn't Chris Scott given a chance to do this? Sounds like Port had made up their mind too early if this is the case.

Reported whereabouts....

They were best placed to make the decision last time; how'd that work out?

They were best placed to appoint Fos Williams in 1950 and again in 1962, turned out great
They were best placed to appoint Geof Motley in 1959, turned out great
They were best placed to appoint John Cahill in 1974, again in 1988 and again in 1997, turned out great
They were best placed to appoint Russell Ebert in 1983, turned out not so great
They were best placed to appoint Stephen Williams in 1996, turned out great
They were best placed to appoint Mark Williams in 1999, turned out great

Odds sure as hell in our favour

No crowbot should dare to open his trap in such a manner.

Your mob has had Mumbles since 2004, have a look at what success he has achieved?

Whoops, that's zero success

Have a look at the team he has accumulated?

Whoops, that's a mob of scrubbers

Go back to the crowbots and send messages to them, you are a waste of space here.

It's combining the Port Magpies song with the Port Adelaide song.

You are probably thinking it sounds like Sydney's song, at the start, you'd be correct.

Port's General Manager at the time, Big Bob McLean, heard the South Melbourne song, loved it, stole it and made it the Port Adelaide song in the SANFL.

Nice to see Primus appointed. He joins Roosy and Ross Lyon as ex Fitzroy players coaching in the big time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Primus officially Port coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back