Private Internet Access vs TorGuard

Remove this Banner Ad

True. PIA is $40 or so for a year, ExpressVPN is $90 or so. PIA lets you use up to five devices (good if you have five mates who can share costs), ExpressVPN only lets you have two (one PC/router and one mobile device). PIA is slow and (IIRC) they pass on infringement notices, ExpressVPN is quick, has plenty of servers around the world and is probably the best VPN out there for torrenting. PIA will be great when those stupid metadata laws get put to practice in two or so years.

That is the 1st Time I have ever heard that PIA hand own Infringement Notice's. As they say they don’t keep logs and they don’t hand out Notices at all.

So you say get ExpressVPN and Forget PIA?

The Metadata law then would effect every single VPN so that would not make a Difference

I've been trying to decide between PIA and Express VPN for a while now.

I eventually went with PIA due the amount of simultaneous connections it offers, the ability to add the SOCKS5 layer to my torrent app, Melbourne servers and also because it was half the price. ExpressVPN is quicker from what I have heard.

Speed seem's alright, hard to tell as the torrent i wanted had a lot more leechers than seeders.

I've been trying to decide between PIA and Express VPN for a while now.

I eventually went with PIA due the amount of simultaneous connections it offers, the ability to add the SOCKS5 layer to my torrent app, Melbourne servers and also because it was half the price. ExpressVPN is quicker from what I have heard.

Speed seem's alright, hard to tell as the torrent i wanted had a lot more leechers than seeders.

I am thinking that but I think I might just get a 1 Month Contract for PIA and Give it a go and see what Happens

Echoing the above: private Internet access also gives you a SOCKS5 proxy, which means you can also protect your bit torret application. Coupled with the VPN of Private internet itself, Australian servers, it's a good combination.

Echoing the above: private Internet access also gives you a SOCKS5 proxy, which means you can also protect your bit torret application. Coupled with the VPN of Private internet itself, Australian servers, it's a good combination.

Thanks for your Thoughts.

Though you don’t have to use SOCKS5 Proxy if you have your VPN On? grizzlym

Thanks for your Thoughts.

Though you don’t have to use SOCKS5 Proxy if you have your VPN On? grizzlym
I have seen a few reps say you only need 1 of the above active. Having both on causes a significant decrease in speed.

Once you have entered the SOCKS5 proxy settings into your torrent app, your activity should be masked with an IP from the Netherlands.

so people are paying for these services allowing them to download content illegally..? but you're finding these services online, so your ISP knows you're doing this... so if they know you're paying some third party to download online how is that any different to downloading it for free, seeing as the content creators don't get anything either? who are you actually masking yourself from if the ISP knows you're signing up?? i can't see the point to this VPN thing yet. i am still downloading without any warnings.

so people are paying for these services allowing them to download content illegally..? but you're finding these services online, so your ISP knows you're doing this... so if they know you're paying some third party to download online how is that any different to downloading it for free, seeing as the content creators don't get anything either? who are you actually masking yourself from if the ISP knows you're signing up?? i can't see the point to this VPN thing yet. i am still downloading without any warnings.
You are making a lot of false assumptions.

First that it is only about downloading.

Second that people aren't paying for content.

Third that it does not mask metadata.

Fourth that there isn't new legislation in the works to block Australian access to overseas content.

So to clear things up, it is about privacy. Many of us pay for content, some that may be geoblocked. It also does not matter if the ISP knows you have a VPN, your traffic is being rerouted through offshore servers. Also, there is currently legislation in the works to create a filter and blocking regime.

I have seen a few reps say you only need 1 of the above active. Having both on causes a significant decrease in speed.

Once you have entered the SOCKS5 proxy settings into your torrent app, your activity should be masked with an IP from the Netherlands.

yeah, You put in SOCKS5 your Torrents are Hidden but not you Connection or Browsing

The Laws have not yet come in Effect but when it does. Then you might.

What is the Difference of me Buying something 2nd Hand? Copyright holders still get none of the Money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends. The very helpful IT guy I have at work says that using both is preferable.

As an interesting aside, the socks5 via PIA is very fast. I have no discenible lag in speed, but I'm not stressed about getting mega speeds either.

I've been very happy with PIA, but like some things: the proof is really in nothing happening, hearing nothing, and life going as per normal!

The Laws have not yet come in Effect but when it does. Then you might.

What is the Difference of me Buying something 2nd Hand? Copyright holders still get none of the Money

Just try a month deal out. No point in debating it too much.

With privacy and the internet, a VPN is going to be like a life essential. I remember when mobilephones first came out the weighing up was the same: 'it's so much money, will I really need it etc'. But you know what, some things become essentials, and once you take the plunge it'll just become part of life.

Just try a month deal out. No point in debating it too much.

With privacy and the internet, a VPN is going to be like a life essential. I remember when mobilephones first came out the weighing up was the same: 'it's so much money, will I really need it etc'. But you know what, some things become essentials, and once you take the plunge it'll just become part of life.

Yeah - I get what you are saying.

IF you want Privacy you need a VPN as without one you open yourself up to get Spied on

Remove this Banner Ad

Private Internet Access vs TorGuard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back