Proffessional AFL players were outrun by brick layers, school teachers, factory worke

Remove this Banner Ad

ChrisFooty

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pathethic performance by Australia.

Yep, Sheedy is past it.

And disgraceful to select m.voss after he turned down the honour 14 times while he was actually still playing at the highest level.

Re: Proffessional AFL players were outrun by brick layers, school teachers, factory w

What makes me laugh is people that suggest AFL players are amongst the worlds best athletes and they can't even win this series.

ChrisFooty said:
Pathethic performance by Australia.

Yep, Sheedy is past it.

And disgraceful to select m.voss after he turned down the honour 14 times while he was actually still playing at the highest level.

Jeez, they were playing a game they only play twice a year, with a ball they rarely use, on the other side of the world, and only lost it in the last 30 seconds. Sheedy was coaching only his third game in a sport that is very different to one he usually coaches.

Just because Ireland's players are amateurs doesn't mean they're not good athletes.

Give them a break

Re: Proffessional AFL players were outrun by brick layers, school teachers, factory w

Firstly the series isn't over yet. Secondly I wish we'd been over there an extra week to get over jetlag and get used to handling the round ball. I'd expect the Aussies to win well in the second test.

**** Brains said:
What makes me laugh is people that suggest AFL players are amongst the worlds best athletes and they can't even win this series.

Firstly, we won the last series.

Secondly, if we win the next game by more than the margin we lost this game by, we will win this series as well.

Idiot.

Frankston Rover said:

Secondly, if we win the next game by more than the margin we lost this game by, we will win this series as well.

Idiot.

We've lost more series than we've won - if we were the worlds best athletes, we'd never stand a chance of losing even ONE of these games.

But no, your brain isn't able to think ahead of one game at a time, perhaps you've been listening to too many Danny Frawley motiviational tapes, but either way, you're an idiot.

Frankston Rover said:

Idiot.
who cares

rick James said:
We've lost more series than we've won - if we were the worlds best athletes, we'd never stand a chance of losing even ONE of these games.

But no, your brain isn't able to think ahead of one game at a time, perhaps you've been listening to too many Danny Frawley motiviational tapes, but either way, you're an idiot.

So who WOULD be the worlds greatest atheletes?

I've turned Danny's tape off and I'm all ears....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankston Rover said:

So you agree it isn't AFL players based on the fact they can't beat amateurs at a neutral sport?

Gayest series ever. Cant beleive some of you people actually like it :eek:

Frankston Rover said:

I'm sorry, but my imagination has run wild at the thought of a Danny tape. Is it spoken word, sung or perhaps a rap? Is there some sort of techno beat under it?

rick James said:
So you agree it isn't AFL players based on the fact they can't beat amateurs at a neutral sport?
how does athleticism help learn new rules and skills to a sport quite unlike what you actually play?
the roudns ball is the biggest hurdle for australia playing the game, the tackling is the biggest hurdle for the irish. the wet greasy conditions made our hurdle even bigger and our bigger stronger bodied players were less of an advantage in the wet weather.

atheleticism and skill are completely different things, and well aussie rules players arent the msto athletic, ever watched a triathlon?

Frankston Rover said:

Tour De France Cyclist's & Biathletes (Ski & Shoot)

rick James said:

Why dont u stick up for your country, instead of bagging them out, very un australian of u, they played a game that has more GA rules than AFL rules, the GA ground not the AFL ground and the GA ball not the AFL footy, plus they had been in unfamiliar territory with jetlag and bad weather. i thought they played well considering, and they will win the next test....

rick James said:

Athletisicm can't win you everything you idiot.

Cassius_Clay said:
Gayest series ever. Cant beleive some of you people actually like it :eek:

Yeah, I know. I hope Collingwood players are never invited to play again.

**** Brains said:

No, I'm just interested who YOU think would beat the Irish. Apparently the AFL players aren't the worlds best athletes based on the fact we can't beat an Irish amatuer side at quasi-Gaelic Football.

So who are the best athletes rick? And how would they beat the Irish?

The Dice Man said:
Triathletes?

Sorry, Dice Man. According to rick here, they have to beat the Irish at Gaelic Football to be the best athletes. And have you ever seen a triathlete kick?

Stanton_Future said:
Tour De France Cyclist's & Biathletes (Ski & Shoot)

Wrong again, unfortunately. It's very hard to kick with skis on.

unexplained said:
I'm sorry, but my imagination has run wild at the thought of a Danny tape. Is it spoken word, sung or perhaps a rap? Is there some sort of techno beat under it?

It's more Blues than anything.

Da da da da da
Gonna tell you a story
da da da da da
'Bout a game I know
da da da da da
It's called Aussie rules
da da da da da
are you ready to go?

mumbling chorus
well it's been 37 years since I've tasted success
And my input at clubs is getting less and less
I get a lot of crap, people give me tripe
But I'll keep going til it's cherry ripe

I got the s**t sacked coachin' blues
Schwabbys and Drum are here too.
I got the s**t sacked coachin' blues
We can't even coach the magoos

I GOT THE CHERRY RIPE BLUUUUUES....

Coin_Toss said:
Yeah, I know. I hope Collingwood players are never invited to play again.

I cant see any Collingwood players being even considered for selection they way they are headed in 2007.
:D

rick James said:

IR to AFL players is like asking tennis players to play with a different type of raquet to what they are used to for most of their season.

To me, the key issue is the ball, playing with a round ball is completely different to playing with an AFL ball. Why don't they use the AFL ball, because the Irish would get slaughtered. Imagine them trying to kick to position, they wouldn't have a clue.

To me the first thing I looked at was to make sure Brown and Bateman were not injured, the scoreline was irrelevent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Proffessional AFL players were outrun by brick layers, school teachers, factory worke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back