Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was very impressed with the young guys who came in. The skills are the key for Freo moving forward. Particularly Palmer was so impressive. Ibbo seemed to be a bit slow and made a couple of errors, but he did enough and will be better for the run.

Campbell did some good things in the second half but I was disappointed with his get up sometimes. In fact I noticed a few people dragging themselves off the deck slowly which has an impact IMO.

It seems we have only played two halves of footy and we have managed to finish within a couple of kicks of what are percieved to be two top four teams.

Potato and Leek Soup

Ingredients

1 tblspn olive oil
2 leeks, white part only, chopped
1 kg Ruby Lou potatoes, peeled and chopped
6 cups chicken stock
300 ml cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
Crusty bread, to serve

Method

1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add leeks. Cook until soft. Add potatoes and stock. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender.

2. Blend or process in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add cream, salt and pepper.

3. Simmer until just heated through. Serve topped with fresh chives and crusty bread.

Potato_and_leek.jpg

Rhys Palmer is a star. Couldn't believe how talented that bloke is. Make sure you let West Coast know how good he's going to be. Best of luck this week

I only just watched a torrent of the game last night, and the kids do look really promising. Palmer and Maine in particular.

Good disposal is the sticking point, things like hardness and awareness will come with time but if they have solid disposal they will be solid players.

Palmer definitley loks the goods! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Promising Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back