Proud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very proud of the boys for a great effort today/tonight. :thumbsu:

Brilliant match day coaching by Sanderson and co to tweak the game plan so successfully.

But for 10 mad minutes early in the 3rd quarter when we gifted 3 goals, we would have been playing in the Granny next week.

Great effort by players and coaches. :thumbsu:

Brilliant match day coaching by Sanderson and co to tweak the game plan so successfully.

But for 10 mad minutes early in the 3rd quarter when we gifted 3 goals, we would have been playing in the Granny next week.

spot on Macca....we were a little reactive in the first ten minutes of the third term....and from my vantage point in the Ponsford Stand (right in the f*cking middle of the Hawks cheer squad)....it was almost comical. The poor kick to Truck with Rioli standing next to him was bound for failure. Poor Truck...did a mighty job all night....only to be made to look stupid!
Needless to say, after having endured the jeers from those Hawks flogs all day I'll be barracking hard for the Swans next week. Can't believe their arrogance in thinking they'll win in a canter...they're even favourites in the betting again...WTF! Sydney will win easily!

Two of those four goals were gifted by the freaks umpiring this farce. Absolutely f@&$ing gutted that we got done tonight. Every single bloke tried their guts out only to have it taken away by the umpires. Some on here saying we got some ouselves which is true but the ratio would have been been heavily in the hawks favour. I still cant believe what i saw tonight. No wonder people stop going to the footy when they know for fact their teamis going to get ****ed over by the vic biased hacks. Hawks at their best win easily this year but tonight we were robbed plain and simple.

So proud of the boys tonight. We played as well as we could have, and nearly clinched it. If not for the maggots, we might have.

The great thing about tonight was the youth standing up. Dangerfield, sloane, Smith, Tippett, Hendo, otten, we're all good. The old guard played well, but weren't the drivers. Been the case all finals series.

Good season.

Great thread, as exactly how Crows supporters should fee after today's gutsy effort. Whilst we missed an opportunity to play in a Grand Final, you canot fault that the players gave it their all (to come back after looking gone in the 3rd) & great coaching.

We have had a successful year - #2 minor round, won a final & went close in a preliminary, gaining crucial finals experience (& most of our core yougsters getting into closer to the 100 game mark where thye will get more consistency). Importantly, the younger players have learnt a new game plan from a coach that they believe in & on track for a premiership in the near future. Most didn't have the same confidence a year ago.

Well done Sando & the boys ... but the job is only partly done. Hurt from today & use it as motivation to take it to the next level.

Well said Kane

Having returned from the game some time ago and having demolished several alcoholic beverages I am still emotionally gutted.

So proud of that effort. We gave our all and left nothing.

We came as losers (to all and sundry) and left as winners. I bawled like a baby at the final siren when we were pressing ahead with the ball for the win.

The sight of the guys lying on the ground after the final siren was gut wrenching.

Thank you Sando for returning to me my passion and feeling for the AFC. It had been lost for some time now.

Bring on next year!

I am so, so proud of the boys, and so devastated as well. We have a hell of a team and an outstanding coach, I can't wait for next year.

This complaining about the umpires cheapens the boys effort in my opinion. Sure the umpiring was not amazing, and we were as hard done by as we usually are. Some of those decisions were atrocious, but there were decisions for the Hawks that weren't paid that should have been. We feel hard done by, but the reality is that if we had won Hawks supporters would be complaining about bad umpiring as well. That's just footy. In saying this, the boys gave 110% all night, and if the game was just 30 seconds longer I think we would have won.

5 points from a Grand Final people, and those boys did it all by themselves.

Don't cheapen it with complaints about umpiring.

We almost won despite the best efforts from the maggots.

Go CROWS! Sando you superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Proud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back