PS2 NBA 2K7 at cdwow.com

Remove this Banner Ad

luke2177 said:
I just phoned my local EB games - they're now saying the 8th November is the release date. :(

I've read that it is now the 6th....

Grrr these bloody release dates, i hate it when theres a game you want and it gets delayed for whatever reason. Then it changes release dates as often as you'd hit a tennis ball :p

Bump

Heard somewhere that this is being released today - can this be confirmed by anyone who has actually purchased the said game?
Not here. I rang EB Games yesterday and was told the 8th November (Wednesday). Haven't phoned them today as I hate continually being told a different date. :thumbsdown:

For all I know it's probably available.

i preordered it at game traders today, they said it was due out today but they just didnt get any in because they prefer to do preorders (cos in the country) so that all there games sell. but she said it was released today and that she can get a copy for me delivered by tomoro or the follwoing day

Another update from my neck of the woods for anyone that cares. :rolleyes:

Rang EB Games here in Bendigo today - and their system still says 8th November (Wednesday) but they didn't have it in stock as yet (this was this afternoon). He suggested this means another delay - not that I think they know what they're doing half the time.

So, I'm not so sure it will be tomorrow afterall. After all these delays (like last year) - who knows when it will hit the shelves. :thumbsdown:

I called my EB Store here and asked for 2k7. They said it was supposed to arrive today but it didn't come, and its highly likely that there will be another extended date.

We might have to wait til next year

Got the game today! :D

Played about three "quick matches" to learn the ropes. Liking it so far, will only like it more when I learn all the controls!

I went into the online section and it seems to work well even though no-one was in there. Anyone else hooked up to online with their PS2? Would love to try it out tonight perhaps. PM me if interested. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also got it today and have been playing it quite a bit, only thing is i need to buy another memory card so i can start up a proper run through Association mode. I like the way it plays, i havn't played the NBA 2K series for awhile and have been keen for a new basketball game (i got 2K5 when it first came out, but havn't played it for ages now).

Can't be arsed deleting stuff off any of my previous memory cards (already have 11 of them), i have basically been doing that for the past few months with every new game that i've purchased.

OK after a few mote games Ive decided to get rid of it and get nba live 07. played 07 again with a mate and we came to the conclusion that 2k7 is more of an arcade game.

You have not played this game before if you think NBA Live is better than 2k7.

QUOTE BY SOME LIVE 07 REVIEWER: I have never thought EA Sports could take so many steps backwards.

You have not played this game before if you think NBA Live is better than 2k7.

QUOTE BY SOME LIVE 07 REVIEWER: I have never thought EA Sports could take so many steps backwards.

I said I had played a few games on 2k7. Ill admit ive never owned any of the 2k series before, only EA.

Personal choice I guess. I stand by my comment about 2k7 being more like an arcade game.

What do you mean by arcade game? Genuine question.

I felt that scoring was really easy (yes I know I can make it harder). After another game today I'll give it till the end of the week to see how I adjust.

I guess Im used to Live, so it would take some adjustment.

finally got around to playing a few quick games tonight...

although alot of it looks similar to 2k6.... i find its been smoothed and polished up, with alot of extra moves and the player signature move animations... theres again a sh*t load of dribbling and shot options...

controls are pretty similar to 2k6 which i'm used to... and i love how it plays... :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

dont have time, but i'd love to get xbox live account to play online...

Brought what seemed the only copy in the city on friday and played it a fair bit over the weekend.

Like Mr North, I am used to playing NBA Live over the years and had the opportunity to play the most recent EA release prior to buying 2k7. What can i say - i am gobsmacked by how much this game is far ahead of EA sports. EA's game is ridiciously easy to score/dunk/Alley oop and has limited control abilities. Live's game i was incredibly frustrated with as it seemed as though every game i played - the PG for the opposition would drive and score almost every time (even when i put 4 bigs in the paint to try and stop it). Randy Foye scored 50 points and no assists against my team (that is just crap).

2k7 - the game rewards you for defensive play and pressure (i.e. players going out of bounds, throwing bad passes (which happens well when you double team a star centre in the paint)), the AI is very good and you have to really play for your points. The scoring is realistic in the shots, and also the scorelines are very realistic as well.

Stats are great - VIP is incredible in that it will track your gameplay and history of results.

This game is what PES is to FIFA - streets ahead and a pleasure to play.

Now a live-2k series convert.

Remove this Banner Ad

PS2 NBA 2K7 at cdwow.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back