Purchased your 2011 Membership yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Got supporters pack yesterday - no shirt.... rang club - apparently at the moment demand is outstripping supply and just be patient (will receive when new stock arrives).
As for actual membership (Legends) - club still fixing Etihad seat allocations (wonder whether it's the same seat as last year).....

My membership/supporters pack was delivered on xmas eve, but some of my son's junior membership stuff was missing. The remaining stuff for my son was delivered this morning, meaning I've now got all of my memberships/supporters pack.

Got my certificate, key ring and discount voucher today but no membership pack....I ordered early Nov but I guess the demand must be overwhelming...don't mind waiting if it means a huge membership tally

Got my certificate, key ring and discount voucher today but no membership pack....I ordered early Nov but I guess the demand must be overwhelming...don't mind waiting if it means a huge membership tally

I got this stuff too and haven't even renewed my membership yet! Bit of a waste of club money in my opinion

Over the space of one week I have gotten most of my membership stuff in three seperate lots. (Except membership card which I won't get until they finalise seating). But nothing for the 7 year old yet - he is now convinced that I didn't get him a membership. Keep waiting.

I got this stuff too and haven't even renewed my membership yet! Bit of a waste of club money in my opinion

I think the keyring and certificate are in recognition of the season just passed.

I got a keyring, certificate etc in the mail yesterday for the first time - no supporter pack though.

Strange thing is, I got a certificate congratulating me on 6 years membership, and I've been a member continuously since 1999.

Strange thing is, I got a certificate congratulating me on 6 years membership, and I've been a member continuously since 1999.
I only know of one person who has been put in the right category yet, and that was my Dad (and they had a pretty big window with his being in the 25-49 year range).

I've been a member for over 25 years, yet I was in the "gold" category, 10-19 years. My mum has been a member for about 7 years, and she got a 3 year certificate:confused::eek:, and my Sister has been a member for about 12 years, yet she was put back into the under 10 years category.

This stinks of a rush job by Collingwood, surely they could have taken a few extra days to figure out the correct membership dates of each member, it's almost an insult to us to send us out wrong certificates.

I only know of one person who has been put in the right category yet, and that was my Dad (and they had a pretty big window with his being in the 25-49 year range).

I've been a member for over 25 years, yet I was in the "gold" category, 10-19 years. My mum has been a member for about 7 years, and she got a 3 year certificate:confused::eek:, and my Sister has been a member for about 12 years, yet she was put back into the under 10 years category.

This stinks of a rush job by Collingwood, surely they could have taken a few extra days to figure out the correct membership dates of each member, it's almost an insult to us to send us out wrong certificates.

yeeh it's a shame, particularly for long standing members who get jipped....surely it can't be that hard!!!!! ....we got bronze keyrings and certificates but we are silver...although I did get my membership pack today and the membership card does show us as being silver

Got my kids right .. Son just turned 4 .. 4th year member last season, Daughter 12 months old .. 'Rookie' last season .. 1 year.

Got me wrong .. but just impressed my kids have key rings ... not looking a supplying the car for awhile yet.

Just got my membership in the mail. This is the first year i have been a social club member, and was wondering if someone can tell me what the social club medallion thing is for?

I would guess its for entry to the social events?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeeh it's a shame, particularly for long standing members who get jipped....surely it can't be that hard!!!!! ....we got bronze keyrings and certificates but we are silver...although I did get my membership pack today and the membership card does show us as being silver

I contacted the club about this as they short changed me by 4 years(15 year member, who received an 11 year certificate) & was told the following:

Our system indicates that you have been a member and continuous since 2000.

We are able to review this however we need to see proof of membership for the time indicated by the member wanting this reviewed.

If you are able to send through proof through any old cards or caps etc, I will be happy to look at this and review.

Kind regards

Xavier

So i replied:

Xavier,

If you are able to send through proof through any old cards or caps etc, I will be happy to look at this and review.

You say that it will be "reviewed" What does this mean exactly, I do have old membership cards & unlike the current ones, the don't have any personal information on them & the member number they have is not the same as my current one, which I have had for some time now, so I'd like to know how I can prove that these are mine?

to which he replied:

By receiving the proof as indicated below we are able to look at this and if necessary change the years of service.

Each case is looked on individually.

If you are able to send through the cards you have I will look at this and get back to you.

Kind regards

Xavier

So it now seems they've been screwing up most members YOS.

We send the actual physical cap/card, or just send a picture?

I only have caps from 2002 onwards, but have been a member since 1999.

Even if I provide evidence from 2002, it gets me up to 9 years instead of the 6 they credited me for. Not a big deal, but I would have thought it was a reasonably simple task to check when someone first became a member.

My old man is dirty, but it's his own fault. He joined in 1969 and had continuous membership until 2005, then when living in China in 2006 he missed a year. Now he is a Bronze!

We send the actual physical cap/card, or just send a picture?

I only have caps from 2002 onwards, but have been a member since 1999.

Even if I provide evidence from 2002, it gets me up to 9 years instead of the 6 they credited me for. Not a big deal, but I would have thought it was a reasonably simple task to check when someone first became a member.

My old man is dirty, but it's his own fault. He joined in 1969 and had continuous membership until 2005, then when living in China in 2006 he missed a year. Now he is a Bronze!

The whole suggestion of sending in a cap is laughable any way. What's to stop me getting a cap from anyone & showing it to them?? It has no identifible markings on it.

i have memberships so i'll just send those to them

So has anyone else noticed that the lanyards are blue and not black?

One of my mates Mums actually does all the membership packs for the AFL and apparently they told the club that they weren't happy with the colour of the lanyards and the club told them that it didn't matter and that "She'll be right!".

Well, now I look like a Carlton supporter!!! :thumbsdown:

So has anyone else noticed that the lanyards are blue and not black?

One of my mates Mums actually does all the membership packs for the AFL and apparently they told the club that they weren't happy with the colour of the lanyards and the club told them that it didn't matter and that "She'll be right!".

Well, now I look like a Carlton supporter!!! :thumbsdown:

Our lanyards are definitely black!!!!

I got my membership pack yesterday and I must say, the social club membership medallion is very impressive. I previously had membership up until 2000 and some of the membership medallions looked like they came from a weeties packet, this one however is substantial and impressive. Love it.
Carn the Pies!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Purchased your 2011 Membership yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back