QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

haha - maybe higher profits allowing them to buy said properties.
There been plenty of opportunities in the housing market over the past 20 years for clubs to get a speccie or 2 and have working bees to do them up for housing young blokes moving up for a season.

I played RL in Darwin in 1990 and even back them asked why the club i was playing for didn't have a house or two as so many players come from down south each year to play, and all faced the same problem.

There been plenty of opportunities in the housing market over the past 20 years for clubs to get a speccie or 2 and have working bees to do them up for housing young blokes moving up for a season.

I played RL in Darwin in 1990 and even back them asked why the club i was playing for didn't have a house or two as so many players come from down south each year to play, and all faced the same problem.

Majority of community clubs don’t have 2 pennies to rub together and never have. Flat out buying a front door let alone a house…. Unless of course you have a pokie palace behind you which very few clubs have and up until a few years ago getting into rentals was never an issue

Aspley had 2 houses next door to the ground. I think they used it for one for players that have moved interstate
They certainly had them in 2009 when I was involved there, but the sports club also had 3.8 million cash in the bank back then, now I know this isn't all the footy clubs money, but I'm sure this is a luxury not one other club in the qafl has. so its not comparing apples with apples. Sounds marvellous to have a house or multiple houses as suggested to accomadate players but quite simply not a financially achievable outcome for most with whatever cash banked going to ground maintenance, facility upgrades etc etc. With women's footy now so prominent I'm certain alot of new change rooms would have to be a priority consideration. I hope I've dumbed this down enough to align with my qafl IQ.

They certainly had them in 2009 when I was involved there, but the sports club also had 3.8 million cash in the bank back then, now I know this isn't all the footy clubs money, but I'm sure this is a luxury not one other club in the qafl has. so its not comparing apples with apples. Sounds marvellous to have a house or multiple houses as suggested to accomadate players but quite simply not a financially achievable outcome for most with whatever cash banked going to ground maintenance, facility upgrades etc etc. With women's footy now so prominent I'm certain alot of new change rooms would have to be a priority consideration. I hope I've dumbed this down enough to align with my qafl IQ.
Spot on Switching. QAFL clubs are run off the generosity of local sponsors, raffles, BBQs & long overworked volunteers.

Not sure Geelong if u understand how a bank would look upon a football club entity buying a property. Would need substantial collateral and prob a 50% deposit. Let alone the upkeep and management of the property.
All so u could house a few footballers who may / may not win u enough games to win a flag.
Imagine going to the coal face and telling the U12s no new footys this week bc the toilet has busted in the rental next door 😅

I know Maroochydore bought a block of land thru some well meaning supporters and then built a house with lots of voluntary work by tradies attached to club and then sold the property to make $70k but this was hard work and required lots of gratis help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s on the money, I’m getting my volunteer run club to go buy a 6 unit block immediately. Thanks former rugby league star!
As the local club volunteer real estate agent I've done some research, offers over 1.2 million, surely only 1 more night of chook raffles should cover it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240530_090354_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240530_090354_Samsung Internet.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 23
As the local club volunteer real estate agent I've done some research, offers over 1.2 million, surely only 1 more night of chook raffles should cover it
20 years ago a beach side apartment on the goldy was about $180k. I imagine houses in Sherwood, Grange, RVP were in the same bracket. Talk shit all you want, but an opportunity was there.

20 years ago a beach side apartment on the goldy was about $180k. I imagine houses in Sherwood, Grange, RVP were in the same bracket. Talk shit all you want, but an opportunity was there.
Yeh not sure im the one talking shit or that you've ever been involved at a committee level and seen what it takes just to get the teams on the field each week, let alone making house purchases with ongoing costs!

20 years ago, a house in Sherwood was ~$400k. I know, because I bought one in 2003!

the opportunity to buy property anywhere 20 years ago was there for any individual who had the money to fund it, and I'm sure all those that did so have done well.

If a club were to look to purchase, they would either need to be a cash buyer or have an LVR or ~50% given servicing costs.

Conversation stops right there.

Yeh not sure im the one talking shit ...
Yeh not sure im the one talking shit or that you've ever been involved at a committee level and seen what it takes just to get the teams on the field each week, let alone making house purchases with ongoing costs!
Obviously you are a forward think genius. Not much more i can add.

20 years ago, a house in Sherwood was ~$400k. I know, because I bought one in 2003!

the opportunity to buy property anywhere 20 years ago was there for any individual who had the money to fund it, and I'm sure all those that did so have done well.

If a club were to look to purchase, they would either need to be a cash buyer or have an LVR or ~50% given servicing costs.

Conversation stops right there.
Horse shit.

Houses vary in value, and obviously you bought high Miller. Loan applications were unbelievably loose in the early 2000s all the way to 2009.. You're full of shit miller. Bargains were everywhere, and are still there if you know how to look. What? Need some help Miller?

Who the fk are you to tell a converstation to stop dip shit?

Congrats on your magnificent Rugby League career. Was Darwin the high point?

Houses vary in value, and obviously you bought high Miller. Loan applications were unbelievably loose in the early 2000s all the way to 2009.. You're full of shit miller. Bargains were everywhere, and are still there if you know how to look. What? Need some help Miller?

Who the fk are you to tell a converstation to stop dip shit?

I meant the conversation would stop at a committee level, when you need to come up with 50% of the value in cash to even consider it.

And no, I didn't buy high. It was basic entry level 3 bedroom 1890's cottage. I was only 23, so hardly out there buying mansions!

In fact, turns out I got it 2005. The internet has a habit of tracking these things.

Wish I had kept it!!

I sold it to Miller for a tidy profit instead :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back