QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Broadbeach were about 16 pts down with approx 5 mins to play ... gonna go catch up with those 5 mins on youtube!

Dispite a horrendous penalty count, Cats hung tough for the win. Game winning goal kicked by Erickson on the day he is inducted as a playing life member.
Cattery will be rocking tonight!!

Dispite a horrendous penalty count, Cats hung tough for the win. Game winning goal kicked by Erickson on the day he is inducted as a playing life member.
Cattery will be rocking tonight!!
Yes what a great win,, 6b goals straight in the last quarter ,
You know that gut feeling ,, well when I was doing my Tips yesterday I had that gut feeling be it Broady will knock over Aspley ,, so I entered Broady as my tip, then I entered my other tips ,,, upon completion I thought ,, no way Broady wont beat Aspley , so I went and changed my tip to Aspley ,, lol

6th spot still up for grabs I reckon. Labrador in box seat but a couple of sides will challenge
Agree ,, looking favourable for Surfers and Labrsdor ,,, and difficult for Broady as they really have only one win for sure againt Mt GRAVATT you would think ,, their other games are against Surfers, Grange and Morningside mmm very difficult

last saturday Eddie Betts played for Wangaratta Rovers and bagged 5 goals ,, there are some of these goals on you tube ,, go have a look ,, one is from the boundary after sidestepping a player on the mark ,, like hes just unreal

so where is the home sides rooms ,, like as has been ,, out of date ,, but the oppostion gets the new change rooms ,,please advise
They can now upgrade home rooms in off season and gain more room by taking over old visitors rooms.

The new area also has a classroom/gym area that will be used by the local schools as a community area and more public toilets.

Nothing much to report regarding the Maroochy Noosa clash,Noosa never in it with Roos far too strong in the typically blustery and scrappy affair.Liked the game of Gallop(8)looks like he could rise with the standard.We will keep battling along certainly not where we want to be but just too many top liners unavailable and simply haven’t got the depth to cover them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough day for the club NB. Colts, reserves and seniors just 1 goal kicked each. I wonder how Noosa rebuild to the heights of years gone by. Not with a chequebook I’d suggest. Is there any thoughts at the club that you would be better off in Div1 to give the kids a chance to develop without getting flogged each week?

Tough day for the club NB. Colts, reserves and seniors just 1 goal kicked each. I wonder how Noosa rebuild to the heights of years gone by. Not with a chequebook I’d suggest. Is there any thoughts at the club that you would be better off in Div1 to give the kids a chance to develop without getting flogged each week?
Yea I wouldn't have thought this until yesterday but I just can't see where Noosa get their improvement from. easy to flog a dead horse but colts battling, and although a few good kids in the A grade right now, as we all know (esp up here) no guarantee these kids stay around for various reasons. Observation made post game to me as the blokes were milling around the race ready to exit field "it just doesn't look like a Noosa side that we are used to seeing'. Lots of young kids but not a lot of top end talent. And Maroochy had 2 of their best 3 missing as well in McLachlan and Robinson.

Even the hardness seemed a bit contrived at times (which happens with a lot of young kids who may / may not be naturally aggressive). Imo having 2 sides on coast in QAFL is a good thing but like most situations it helps when both competitive.

Last edited:
Agree ,, looking favourable for Surfers and Labrsdor ,,, and difficult for Broady as they really have only one win for sure againt Mt GRAVATT you would think ,, their other games are against Surfers, Grange and Morningside mmm very difficult
Maroochydore basically 2 games out with % but finding mojo at right end. Gee Wagner is a good footballer.

Yea I wouldn't have thought this until yesterday but I just can't see where Noosa get their improvement from. easy to flog a dead horse but colts battling, and although a few good kids in the A grade right now, as we all know (esp up here) no guarantee these kids stay around for various reasons. Observation made post game to me as the blokes were milling around the race ready to exit field "it just doesn't look like a Noosa side that we are used to seeing'. Lots of young kids but not a lot of top end talent. And Maroochy had 2 of their best 3 missing as well in McLachlan and Robinson.

Even the hardness seemed a bit contrived at times (which happens with a lot of young kids who may / may not be naturally aggressive). Imo having 2 sides on coast in QAFL is a good thing but like most situations it helps when both competitive.
The colts other than the last month have been ok infact fairly competitive,it doesn’t help that their 5 best players are all in the Seniors now! And are not ready! Our Reserves are the issue just not competitive with numbers falling away! When Rich,McNiece,Archard and McCarthy are out for long periods we just can’t cover! And Freeman is on one leg shouldn’t be playing!
You know what if I was a reserve grade player and was asked to pay $550 to play and we have to drive to at least Brisy every second week,I reckon I’d be looking at a local Friday night comp and that’s exactly what they are doing!

The colts other than the last month have been ok infact fairly competitive,it doesn’t help that their 5 best players are all in the Seniors now! And are not ready! Our Reserves are the issue just not competitive with numbers falling away! When Rich,McNiece,Archard and McCarthy are out for long periods we just can’t cover! And Freeman is on one leg shouldn’t be playing!
You know what if I was a reserve grade player and was asked to pay $550 to play and we have to drive to at least Brisy every second week,I reckon I’d be looking at a local Friday night comp and that’s exactly what they are doing!
Noosaboy I agree that’s a tough ask on a reserves player. Would the club be in the position to cover the fees for reserves/colts players? Obviously would cost the club maybe 20k or so but eould assist with numbers and competitiveness.

Playing Friday nights for $550/game? Surely thats not right mate??
Did Jono play in the state game?
That is tough when the colts get called up bc there is nothing in between.

When Maroochydore recognised many years ago (around 2012) that they had no future as a football club if they didn't get Colts going the president at the time and the committee (prob about 3 people if truth is known) agreed that colts would not pay rego. It helped attract a lot of kids from other clubs who didn't have colts and had aged out from 17's. It also retained a heap of 17's. In fact the 2nd year there was 2 U18 teams. It hasn't been retained that philosophy but it got things rolling along. Too many clubs spend money on recruiting players rather than worrying about retaining their own. I agree with Longy that players should have to pay something - no one plays for free imo - but when you are charging guys $650+ that's just getting ridiculous, especially if guys get injured / miss out on a game.

When Maroochydore recognised many years ago (around 2012) that they had no future as a football club if they didn't get Colts going the president at the time and the committee (prob about 3 people if truth is known) agreed that colts would not pay rego. It helped attract a lot of kids from other clubs who didn't have colts and had aged out from 17's. It also retained a heap of 17's. In fact the 2nd year there was 2 U18 teams. It hasn't been retained that philosophy but it got things rolling along. Too many clubs spend money on recruiting players rather than worrying about retaining their own. I agree with Longy that players should have to pay something - no one plays for free imo - but when you are charging guys $650+ that's just getting ridiculous, especially if guys get injured / miss out on a game.
Curious to know what QAFL teams are paying for Physio’s/trainers these days. I know All Sports Physio cover quite a few clubs.

Just want to know how people can expect the average person paying $650 for rego? Would have thought paying $500 is enough. Again I don’t know the numbers clubs are crunching to get to those prices but surely $550 would be the cap.

Tipping Comp,
A lot of 5 s tipped due to the loss of Aspley ,, no one tipped Broady .
Dezario and NWO ,, you forgot to tip ..
Big E holds the lead by 1 from Pugs and All Or Nothing

67; BIG E
66; ALL OR NOTHING , PUGS
65; QLD CLUELESS, MAGPIE BOY
63; STILL ME, FOOTY BOY, WESTERMAN , BIG TEX, THUNDERDOC, SIMPLE SAUCE
62; TOUCAN SOUP, LAGGING BEHIND
61; DEZARIO, SMY, STUYD
60; MOBBS, NWO
59; BUD 63. BUNYIP, UP IT STUMPY, BROKEN BRIZZ,
58; AJ8,GOALKICKER
57; SWITCKING THE PLAY