72; BUD 63, UP IT STUMPY
71; UNSPOKEN BRIZZ.BUNYIP,
70; AJ8, MOBBS, DEZARIO,
68, LONGY ZILLMERE,
67; SWITCHING THE PLAY,
66; GOALKICKER
60 NOOSA BOY
Great job Stuyd

A bit strange of Grange to omit your club captain in a game that can set up your finals campaign. Word has got around that he has had some off field issues. Apparently the playing group doesn’t want to play for him. Hope this doesn’t cause issues going forward… Would be a shame for such a talented side…

A bit strange of Grange to omit your club captain in a game that can set up your finals campaign. Word has got around that he has had some off field issues. Apparently the playing group doesn’t want to play for him. Hope this doesn’t cause issues going forward… Would be a shame for such a talented side…
Whose their captain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some facts / Trivea
Number of wins combined( in all grades ) per club so far this season .
MORNINGSIDE- 43
GRANGE-38
MAROOCHYDORE-34
PALM BEACH- 33
ASPLEY-32
BROADBEACH-26
SHERWOOD-24
REDLANDS-22
SURFERS-21
LABRADOR-18
NOOSA- 11
MT GRAVATT-3.

Interesting;;
Morningside and Grange - so strong in all 3 grade s
Maroochydore - strong in the ressies and colts
Palmy - consistent in all 3 grades
Redlands - poor in the Colts
Sherwood - growing in the seniors and ressies and strong in the colts
Aspley- poor in the ressies
Broadbeach - consistent in all 3 grades
Surfers- poor in the Colts
Labrador- poor in the Colts
Noosa- poor in all grades
Mt Gravatt- just awful..

They are a genuine Thirds side at Sandgate, with no players colts age I’m pretty sure. Most Colts age kids left once they removed the QFA Colts comp.
Still my point is the 3 grades have finished 1st, 1st, and second on the ladders,, thats a good season .. all they have to do now is win the ones that count come finals time.
Was not long ago they were getting belted in the QAFL comp ..
Thats why Mt Gravatt should get out of the QAFL , giving themselves a good chance at some wins in all grades at a lower division ..
Posters on here have commented if they do this there will be a mass exodus of players . I totally disagree, for if they stay in the QAFL and continue to be massacared then there will be a mass exodus .

Still my point is the 3 grades have finished 1st, 1st, and second on the ladders,, thats a good season .. all they have to do now is win the ones that count come finals time.
Was not long ago they were getting belted in the QAFL comp ..
Thats why Mt Gravatt should get out of the QAFL , giving themselves a good chance at some wins in all grades at a lower division ..
Posters on here have commented if they do this there will be a mass exodus of players . I totally disagree, for if they stay in the QAFL and continue to be massacared then there will be a mass exodus .
Oh yep, fair enough mate. It’s been a great year to be at Sandgate. 3 men’s teams up the top of ladders and the women’s side also. Happy players though winning most weeks, certainly better than being smashed by 30 goals every week like the Vultures currently.

Worth remembering Sandgate went out of all comps for a season after QAFL, restarting from zero was an incredibly tough process and the club is lucky with its history a lot of past players came back to restart things, Aaron Fabian took on coaching (very popular player and tremendous club person) and that also helped with his ability to draw the past players back.

Mr Gravatt have similar history, could see a way if they got the right people in to definitely survive dropping down a comp or two. If they stay in the QAFL, they obviously need to recruit 15+ genuine senior players, with Cooparoo coming in and competing for the same players etc, plus Morningside not far away, it does seem a tough road. Good luck to them though if they stay up, once you leave the QAFL it’s virtually impossible to get back there any time soon.

Some facts / Trivea
MORNINGSIDE- 43
GRANGE-38
MAROOCHYDORE-34
PALM BEACH- 33
ASPLEY-32
BROADBEACH-26
SHERWOOD-24
REDLANDS-22
SURFERS-21
LABRADOR-18
NOOSA- 11
MT GRAVATT-3.

Interesting;;
Mt Gravatt- just awful..

First time in 5 or 6 years Morningside have given a yelp in the Colts. The removal of QFA Colts has probably benefited them the most

Grange, Palmy, Maroochy and Sherwood have perenially been strong.

Some facts / Trivea
MORNINGSIDE- 43
GRANGE-38
MAROOCHYDORE-34
PALM BEACH- 33
ASPLEY-32
BROADBEACH-26
SHERWOOD-24
REDLANDS-22
SURFERS-21
LABRADOR-18
NOOSA- 11
MT GRAVATT-3.

Interesting;;
Mt Gravatt- just awful..
In the 2nds, Aspley so close v Grange on the weekend. Came back from 3 kicks down to be lining up for goal dead in front, kicking after siren. Shanked it out on the full and lost by a point I think. With all the momentum on Aspleys side, it felt extraordinary at the time.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the 2nds, Aspley so close v Grange on the weekend. Came back from 3 kicks down to be lining up for goal dead in front, kicking after siren. Shanked it out on the full and lost by a point I think. With all the momentum on Aspleys side, it felt extraordinary at the time.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes despite winning only 5 games, Aspley 2nds percentage is above 100, so they must have lost a few close ones.
Good effort by Grange with consistency across all 3 grades. Morningside helped by having the soft draw, but they would certainly be happy with their year across all 3 grades.

The Broadbeach ranking of consistent across all 3 grades is kind. 2 out of 3 missing finals and reserves scraping in. I don't think that will last long with the young talent coming through though. I see that 7 Broadbeach kids were in the Qld u17s team. Pretty good effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back