QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Deano just having a quiet beer looking over the Mary valley and he gets interrupted half a doz times in the week by a Noosa person asking why the boundary umpire didn't roll up in the colts the last 2 weeks.... :)
Reason for Sunday?? Possible VFL or is AFLW booked for Sat?
Was keen on going but a long way away and I’ve got mass at 11 am so probably stretching it😂

I'm not saying they haven't done well. Just that the fact that they have played the bottom 4 teams twice (in seniors) helps when adding up wins and comparing it to other teams who didn’t.

It's difficult to do a proper comparison when the draw doesn't have everyone playing each other twice. I didn't expect Labrador to beat them by nearly 100 points either, so unless you play every team twice, some teams will inevitably end up with a softer draw than others. It's not their fault and you won't really know until the season plays out.
Morningside were bottom 4 last year and ended up with an easier draw this year as a result of the way that QAFL do the draw. I don't think it has had anything to do with where they have finished on the ladder. They have recruited well, been well coached and played good footy. But it skews a win/loss comparison, that's all.
Fact is that Morningside would of beaten Grange, etc if they have played them twice anyway so dont go saying a team has a soft draw . Fact is , you have to be good enough ,, simple as that and Morningside along with Aspley have been the best performers by far this season. ( and Im a Broadbeach supporter as you guys know )

Fact is that Morningside would of beaten Grange, etc if they have played them twice anyway so dont go saying a team has a soft draw . Fact is , you have to be good enough ,, simple as that and Morningside along with Aspley have been the best performers by far this season. ( and Im a Broadbeach supporter as you guys know )
Would they?

Sorry, I will check with you before giving my opinion in future. I didn't realise that was part of the forum rules.

Fact is that Morningside would have beaten Grange, etc if they have played them twice anyway so dont go saying a team has a soft draw . Fact is , you have to be good enough ,, simple as that and Morningside along with Aspley have been the best performers by far this season. ( and Im a Broadbeach supporter as you guys know )
Disagree Stuyd if Aspley had played Noosa and Mt Gravatt twice they are two games clear and percentage on top and that’s not a fact but bloody close to it!So draw is soft,apologies to those who barrack for Essendon😂

As an example,even just last weekend,no boundary umpires for colts and lucky Sherwoods assistant coach stepped up to assist with the field umpiring whilst we waited for the assigned umpire to get there and help
his 14 year old mate! And that sort of stuff has happened all year! No where near the professionalism needed to be called a State League which the salary cap reflects also! Obviously been a grind at club land for us but we will ‘stay the course’ and keep trying to improve like everyone else! Some wiser decisions off field and keep developing our juniors and hopefully things will turn pretty quickly!

Geez it's hard to get much credit around here.

That was me that umpired the Colts, and I didn't cop one spray from the sideline or the players!

In fact, Noosa were winning when I hung up the whistle for the day 😂

Switch the Play ,,
dont be silly ,, you gave your opinion and I gave mine ,, not to say Im the guru with opinions at all.
All good Stuyd. I just thought it was a bit rich to be telling that I couldn't be saying it was a soft draw. In my opinion it is a soft draw when some teams get to play the bottom 3 or 4 teams when other teams don't. Other people can and will disagree. I wish that every team played each other twice and it wouldn't be an issue.

All good Stuyd. I just thought it was a bit rich to be telling that I couldn't be saying it was a soft draw. In my opinion it is a soft draw when some teams get to play the bottom 3 or 4 teams when other teams don't. Other people can and will disagree. I wish that every team played each other twice and it wouldn't be an issue.
That could happen with a 10 team comp. It gets more compromised next year with another team coming in.

Under current numbers the draw is fairest it can be. Top 4-6 sides won’t play bottom 4 sides from previous year.

If a side like Morningside who finished in bottom half last year, improve but get to play bottom 4 sides twice then so be it.

Until we get back to 10 teams that won’t change nor should. Morningside won’t get that luxury next year but another team may improve the same and have a soft draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good Stuyd. I just thought it was a bit rich to be telling that I couldn't be saying it was a soft draw. In my opinion it is a soft draw when some teams get to play the bottom 3 or 4 teams when other teams don't. Other people can and will disagree. I wish that every team played each other twice and it wouldn't be an

That could happen with a 10 team comp. It gets more compromised next year with another team coming in.
Yeah reckon 10 team comp is the go Lagging! Everyone plays each other twice and the Div 1 comp is strengthened both team number and standard wise.Im all for promotion/relegation but maybe the jump in standard(which we have duly felt) is a bit to much????

Under current numbers the draw is fairest it can be. Top 4-6 sides won’t play bottom 4 sides from previous year.

If a side like Morningside who finished in bottom half last year, improve but get to play bottom 4 sides twice then so be it.

Until we get back to 10 teams that won’t change nor should. Morningside won’t get that luxury next year but another team may improve the same and have a soft draw.
They're not real consistent with it

LAst year Grange got a soft draw despite playing finals the year previously and Mt Gravatt and Sherwood got much harder draws after being bottom 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back