QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

The coach being suspended - then the fill in + skipper getting suspended. All for umpire abuse! I think not.

just to be clear - when I said "took up his duties" I was being tongue in cheek and saying they took up his duties of abusing umpires.

I don't believe any other Gorilla assistant coaches have been suspended, looking at their lineup in that space I'd be surprised if any did, as they are all great people.

I believe it was just the coach 1 week, and then the very next week, 2 players were suspended for the same thing, including their captain.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on how the QAFL Season has gone in 2024.

I think the Footy Content and social media coverage of the competition is sadly lacking and got worse in my opinion.

Think Clubs have stepped up another cog but think the support from headquarters has dropped off again.

Interesting on everyone’s perspective of competition and standard as well?

Still Me ,
agree the footy content and reporting of thru the main media outlets is non existent .The only real social media content is each clubs websites and facebook pages, ( and BIG FOOTY FORUM )
Then a positive is is Live Streaming of games and I must admit the QAFL websites Statisics page is excellent being basically a Champion Data page every week....makes for good studies on every club and its players performances each game and season to date .
Agree, the clubs are rising to the challenges and this season has seen in general a much more even comp.
As of standard well the comp may be more even due to the improvement on field by most clubs but I dont think the overall standard is much better then the past 2 or 3 years. In saying that the standard is very good .
The competition needs to be at 12 teams max and why the hell does the QAFL bring in Coorparoo and retain Mt Gravatt ,, making a 13 team comp and Mt Gravatt to cop the flogings again ,,, Ive commented on this before and IMO , its best for the Comp and Mt Gravatt to go down a division ... and not bagging The Vultures , I respect their efforts this season but come on ,, get with reality and keep the club going and providing Aussie rules footy in the suburban area for all grades of footy including the Womens team

Good point Pugs, even the Jack and Jimmy show mainly for lower level footy is gone as well.

Stu/Noosaboy whilst I agree the statistics are great they are an external company doing that so clubs definitely paying for that anyway.

I just think the board and all the executives at headquarters are tired and have no new ideas or drive to implement them.

Even the Rising Star was always an interview with the player each week and highlights of his games. That has dried up as well.

I think whilst we get good live streaming and replay access of games and statistics, every competition around Australia does that even all the Melbourne suburban competitions.

We should be saturated with previews, post game reports and interviews. Rising Star nominations, goals of week, marks of week,coaches votes, which seem pretty standard in other footy states.

Think it’s something Presidents should be questioning as to what value for money are we getting for what clubs pay plus what AFL tip into each state.

Think it’s time for our leader at AFLQ to actually do something active.

As a keen observer of the competiition, the coverage it gets is genuinely laughable.

Whoever writes the match reviews and previews clearly uses Chat GPT, doesn't watch the games or even have a basic understanding of footy. The amount of errors that I pickup, when I'm not even involved is amazing, I can only imagine there are hundreds more errors that are in there that are obvious to the people who live and breathe it.

The commentary is ordinary. The written coverage is ordinary and limited in scope. The live streaming quality of vision is like a school kid is doing it, and I've seen them turn up with their shitty little camera you can buy from JB Hifi - not broadcast quality gear. (though I guess you get what you pay for?)

No interviews with Rising Stars, no coverage of Syd Guilford votes, no dicsussion around leading goalickers, no coverage around the Colts or Reserves at all.

You get much better info reading Leo the Lion on the PBC page than you do from any full-time staff member at HQ!

just to be clear - when I said "took up his duties" I was being tongue in cheek and saying they took up his duties of abusing umpires.

I don't believe any other Gorilla assistant coaches have been suspended, looking at their lineup in that space I'd be surprised if any did, as they are all great people.

I believe it was just the coach 1 week, and then the very next week, 2 players were suspended for the same thing, including their captain.
Yep - that's somewhat better then and if the coach green lights that sort of behaviour then why would the players feel it's not the done thing as well. Bloody hell. A coach and 2 players suspended for umpire abuse. In 2 weeks - thats not a great look at all.

As a keen observer of the competiition, the coverage it gets is genuinely laughable.

Whoever writes the match reviews and previews clearly uses Chat GPT, doesn't watch the games or even have a basic understanding of footy. The amount of errors that I pickup, when I'm not even involved is amazing, I can only imagine there are hundreds more errors that are in there that are obvious to the people who live and breathe it.

The commentary is ordinary. The written coverage is ordinary and limited in scope. The live streaming quality of vision is like a school kid is doing it, and I've seen them turn up with their shitty little camera you can buy from JB Hifi - not broadcast quality gear. (though I guess you get what you pay for?)

No interviews with Rising Stars, no coverage of Syd Guilford votes, no dicsussion around leading goalickers, no coverage around the Colts or Reserves at all.

You get much better info reading Leo the Lion on the PBC page than you do from any full-time staff member at HQ!
Can't say i've listened to too much of the live commentary but there are generally good people doing that. Guys like Jack Barry are wealth of info. As for the vision many times it's reliant on where they can set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

400 senior career games.

Massive achievement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Im in awe ,,, with his resume that is simply outstanding, here he is playing for the gun side and still collecting more possessions then most of his teamate s... He still proberly runs more klms a game then most players as well ,, geez and hes in his late 30s ,, like ur kidding

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back