QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Broadbeach champion Josh Searle plays his last game today going into retirement ,
Started as a junior with the club and has played in the premiership side, won 2 best and fairest, played in the qafl rep side, and Captain of the senior side ..
A player that has a unreal ability to read where the ball was going and his reliability in the backline was second to none.
Just a great contributor to the club ,,, and a top bloke,
Well done Searly

would have thought they had a bit to play for with Searl finishing up, regardless of alleged thoughts about the coach

No disrespect to Mt G either. They came to play and were harder at the ball all day. Outplayed the Cats to lead at every break but ran out of gas in the last.

No disrespect to Mt G either. They came to play and were harder at the ball all day. Outplayed the Cats to lead at every break but ran out of gas in the last.
Mtg also lost their key forward at half time who had kicked 3 so far for the match - finished the game with only 1 on the bench too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the go with Rhys Matherson…,,in and out over past month.
I think he's played the last few rounds, he was missing for some rounds but mostly he's been there, played more than a dozen games for the year. Grange have rotated a lot of important players in and out over the season - I am not in the know as to whether forced rests or just demoted/rested/points squeezing, sorry. Maybe Grange rest 2 or 3 players per game based on who's taken a potshot at the umps the week before ;)

Only watched the Noosa-Grange game on youtube, wasn't a game with channel commentators but thanks to a handy coverage from someone within earshot of the camera's pickup there were still patches of commentary which sounded pretty good!

I know some have criticised the broadcast quality recently and yeah I got to watch players for 3 seconds after they'd kicked the ball a lot yesterday, pretty frustrating at this end but pretty happy to have streams of games at all, to be honest!

Noosa seemed really flat yesterday, sure you don't have such a big win without playing well but Grange seemed to hit Noosa on a really flat day. Gorillas were still fluffing some passes and fumbling a bit but they just had time to then go back and pick the ball up again. I was glad to see them commonly skying kicks into the goalsquare more because they've got so much lanky timber up there some are gonna stick their marks and get shots from dead in front, which did happen a lot.

Btw Grange are the only team to not have a full forward ranked in the Top 20 goals other than Mt Gravatt - yeah I know they share the goals around when playing well AND are rotating players in and out but I think they are still in need of one man mountain focal point in the goalsquare. Khorewa was very impressive yesterday though, so that's the latest forward de jour for the moment!

Two seasons into watching QAFL now and really enjoying the footy - there's some great quality out there and some passages of play are a delight to watch!

Tipping ..
wow what a final round of tips ,, Big E and Pugs joint leaders last week, and Big E tips 5 and Pugs tips 4 ...
So Big E ,, CONGRATS MATE ,, you are the winner .
85; BIG E
84; PUGS
83; ALL OR NOTHING , QLD CLUELESS
82; THUNDERDOC
81; STUYD, WESTERMAN
80; NWO, MAGPIE BOY , FOOTY BOY
79; STILL ME , TOUCAN SOUP, LAGGING BEHIND
77; SMY,BIG TEX,BUD 63, UP IT STUMPY,
76; SIMPLE SAUCE,BUNYIP, UP IT BRIZZ
75; MOBBS,
74; AJ8
73; LONGY ZILLMERE ,
72; SWITCHING THE PLAY
70; DEZARIO
66; GOALKICKER
64; NOOSA BOY

Thanks to all of your for your participation ,, its a bit of fun and its good fun

I think he's played the last few rounds, he was missing for some rounds but mostly he's been there, played more than a dozen games for the year. Grange have rotated a lot of important players in and out over the season - I am not in the know as to whether forced rests or just demoted/rested/points squeezing, sorry. Maybe Grange rest 2 or 3 players per game based on who's taken a potshot at the umps the week before ;)

Only watched the Noosa-Grange game on youtube, wasn't a game with channel commentators but thanks to a handy coverage from someone within earshot of the camera's pickup there were still patches of commentary which sounded pretty good!

I know some have criticised the broadcast quality recently and yeah I got to watch players for 3 seconds after they'd kicked the ball a lot yesterday, pretty frustrating at this end but pretty happy to have streams of games at all, to be honest!

Noosa seemed really flat yesterday, sure you don't have such a big win without playing well but Grange seemed to hit Noosa on a really flat day. Gorillas were still fluffing some passes and fumbling a bit but they just had time to then go back and pick the ball up again. I was glad to see them commonly skying kicks into the goalsquare more because they've got so much lanky timber up there some are gonna stick their marks and get shots from dead in front, which did happen a lot.

Btw Grange are the only team to not have a full forward ranked in the Top 20 goals other than Mt Gravatt - yeah I know they share the goals around when playing well AND are rotating players in and out but I think they are still in need of one man mountain focal point in the goalsquare. Khorewa was very impressive yesterday though, so that's the latest forward de jour for the moment!

Two seasons into watching QAFL now and really enjoying the footy - there's some great quality out there and some passages of play are a delight to watch!

Note for you next time, if you are watching Noosa play - tune into Tiger TV (via Noosa Tigers Facebook)

the quality of vision is far better, they have commentators who are really good (though the oppo should supply them a teamsheet) and they have replays and all sorts of other good stuff. They put the head office production stuff to shame.

Note for you next time, if you are watching Noosa play - tune into Tiger TV (via Noosa Tigers Facebook)

the quality of vision is far better, they have commentators who are really good (though the oppo should supply them a teamsheet) and they have replays and all sorts of other good stuff. They put the head office production stuff to shame.
I'll definitely remember this for next time Thommo, thanks! I wonder if that was the commentary that could be vaguely heard in the background.
Edit: And followed, and got the next 2.5 hours sorted for the evening!

Tipping ..
wow what a final round of tips ,, Big E and Pugs joint leaders last week, and Big E tips 5 and Pugs tips 4 ...
So Big E ,, CONGRATS MATE ,, you are the winner .
85; BIG E
84; PUGS
83; ALL OR NOTHING , QLD CLUELESS
82; THUNDERDOC
81; STUYD, WESTERMAN
80; NWO, MAGPIE BOY , FOOTY BOY
79; STILL ME , TOUCAN SOUP, LAGGING BEHIND
77; SMY,BIG TEX,BUD 63, UP IT STUMPY,
76; SIMPLE SAUCE,BUNYIP, UP IT BRIZZ
75; MOBBS,
74; AJ8
73; LONGY ZILLMERE ,
72; SWITCHING THE PLAY
70; DEZARIO
66; GOALKICKER
64; NOOSA BOY

Thanks to all of your for your participation ,, its a bit of fun and its good fun

Thanks Stuyd1. Good job once again organising.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tom Hickey should win in a canter. I've watched PBC 5-6 times this year, and he was best on in all of them. Could be the first to poll a big number in a few years too.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back