QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Grange beat palmy
Surfers beat RVP simple as that
Can’t see RVP’s scoring source with Hammelman out and Grange with their VFL listed too strong.

My Finals Predictions 🔮

Week 1:

Elimination Final 1: RVP def Surfers

Elimination Final 2: Grange def by PBC

Week 2:

Semi Final: RVP def by PBC

Qualifying Final: Aspley def Morningside

Week 3:

Preliminary Final: Morningside def PBC

Week 4:

Grand Final: Aspley def Morningside

My bracket remains intact. Still in it haha

alm Beach .. geez they have somewhat been the silent one on here hey with most of the talk related to Aspley. Redlands and Grange yet they come out and belt Grange today ,, Grange need a new coach with a list of depth like that .
the Beach crowd weren't silent at the ground though :D carrying on like they were ... well, like they were smashing the oppo in a sudden death final! ;)

As I said I went and watched the preliminary final between Coorparoo and UQ ...
Was a competitive game with Coorparoo being the better side all day but UQ would not go away.
The standard was better then I thought and Coorparoo very good with their spread, game plan and accurate disposal ..
And a crowd of some 600 plus were right into it and made the atmosphere sound like a 1000 were watching

As I said I went and watched the preliminary final between Coorparoo and UQ ...
Was a competitive game with Coorparoo being the better side all day but UQ would not go away.
The standard was better then I thought and Coorparoo very good with their spread, game plan and accurate disposal ..
And a crowd of some 600 plus were right into it and made the atmosphere sound like a 1000 were watching
What was the go with the ground and the dust?

What was the go with the ground and the dust?
yes mainly in the centre square and the ground surface quality was nothing like the QAFL grand final last year .
difficult to fathom as we have had some good soaking rains over the past 2 weeks.
Not to mention the normal kiosk/ canteen was closed which I could not believe .
Apparently you could buy a sausage roll or cup of chips at the bar ,, very poor

I seriously cannot read these QAFL match reports and articles from Abby Collins. They are over sensationalised and inaccurate, just genuinely terrible journalism.
The sensationalism is to compensate for complete lack of knowledge, and its terrible on both fronts.. I guess though AFLQ is one step ahead of the AFL with their "social inclusion ' diversity quota for commentators already underway! Worlds gone mad!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously cannot read these QAFL match reports and articles from Abby Collins. They are over sensationalised and inaccurate, just genuinely terrible journalism.

they are genuinely laughable and she clearly uses AI to pad them out and it makes it even worse.

Brody Haberfield apparently is a leader in defence for Redland as well, I mean really? I know people make mistakes, but they are just treating us like fools and it would be less embarassing having no reports than what is actually being dished up.

2 ripper finals coming up
1; Aspley vs Morningside
2; Redlands vs Palm Beach

weather forecast a beauty and hot like the games ,,,, some 34 degrees
Disagree Stuy - that's not a healthy temperature to be playing a sport like football in. Esp here in Qld with still moderate humidity. Verging on dangerous tbh for quite a few blokes.

Disagree Stuy - that's not a healthy temperature to be playing a sport like football in. Esp here in Qld with still moderate humidity. Verging on dangerous tbh for quite a few blokes.
SMY ,,,,
I realise that ,, ok I did not word that right ,, my comment of a ripper day weather wise forecast is great news ,, Then I said 34 degrees meaning thats hot...I thought that was enough comment

A good mates daughter played an academy game (u/16s) earlier this year in about 32 degrees and 80% humidity in the middle of the day, I did ask if there was any discussion of delaying it and wasn't considered. 32 or 33 without the humidity which they won't have should be fine, throw in the humidity and its a real struggle. I remember a pre season game in Caloundra years ago and was absolutely foul, I've never sweated so much just standing there let alone the players running around!

A good mates daughter played an academy game (u/16s) earlier this year in about 32 degrees and 80% humidity in the middle of the day, I did ask if there was any discussion of delaying it and wasn't considered. 32 or 33 without the humidity which they won't have should be fine, throw in the humidity and its a real struggle. I remember a pre season game in Caloundra years ago and was absolutely foul, I've never sweated so much just standing there let alone the players running around!
Agree,,, you wonder how the players go up in Darwin ,, wet season or not the humidity is unreal

Agree,,, you wonder how the players go up in Darwin ,, wet season or not the humidity is unreal
junior finals on weekend still won’t have water carriers due to rules brought in this year. That is what I call ridiculous. Their extreme weather flow chart isn’t initiated at 34 degrees unless humidity is extreme. So much for duty of care for children

junior finals on weekend still won’t have water carriers due to rules brought in this year. That is what I call ridiculous. Their extreme weather flow chart isn’t initiated at 34 degrees unless humidity is extreme. So much for duty of care for children
Yea they would be really hoping nothing goes wrong. That's ridiculous if they don't change it. Probably never thought they'd get near 34' in winter :)

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back