QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

junior finals on weekend still won’t have water carriers due to rules brought in this year. That is what I call ridiculous. Their extreme weather flow chart isn’t initiated at 34 degrees unless humidity is extreme. So much for duty of care for children
That’s because to many dickhead parents being want a be coaches whilst running water and ruined it for the people who do right thing. They still have unlimited interchange to bring players off for a drink. Not sure it’s that big of an issue for younger ages but U16’s/17’s probably an issue to a degree but again midfielders can easily come off for few minutes surely

That’s because to many dickhead parents being want a be coaches whilst running water and ruined it for the people who do right thing. They still have unlimited interchange to bring players off for a drink. Not sure it’s that big of an issue for younger ages but U16’s/17’s probably an issue to a degree but again midfielders can easily come off for few minutes surely
The same parents can now yell over the fence and coach more so I don’t think it fixed anything.

They are only one kid collapsing away from having major problems.

They run water in Vic and I don’t think they play to many hot games during the season, so we should be able to have water on the field, also we should have boundary umpires for all Div 1 & 2 junior comps at a minimum.

Last edited:

The same parents can now yell over the fence and coach more so I don’t think it fixed anything.

They run water in Vic and I don’t think they play to many hot games during the season, so we should be able to have water on the field, also we should have boundary umpires for all Div 1 & 2 junior comps at a minimum.
I like the idea of boundary umpires for those games but unless they are club volunteers, I'm not sure where we are getting them from.
I saw several QAFL reserves games throughout this year where they didn't have boundary umpires. If they can't get them for that level, then they are clearly struggling for numbers.

I like the idea of boundary umpires for those games but unless they are club volunteers, I'm not sure where we are getting them from.
I saw several QAFL reserves games throughout this year where they didn't have boundary umpires. If they can't get them for that level, then they are clearly struggling for numbers.
Yep - if there is a shortage there's a shortage. Maybe the solution is to make the water carrier parents who fall foul of the umpire to do the boundary the following week... - that would sort a few out LOL

Yea that would be my thinking as well - yes players can run off for a drink but often young kids (<12) just forget they are dehydrated and keep going.
Sad but true.

think the issue wasn't water carrier coaching (it was definitely a problem for sure) but the ones that were abusing umpires and opposition kids that ruined it for everyone

As for boundary umps for youth games, pipe dream

We played a senior game vs Surfers in the QAFL without them!

didn't have them in Colts for about 10 consecutive games either, I'm sure the reimbursement cheque is in the mail ;)

When are we gonna introduce a wild card round for finals?? Sherwood beat both Viccy Point and Palm Beach with ease in the final few rounds of the year, and looked to be storming home. A wildcard would definitely spice things up - just a suggestion.

As well, it was disappointing to see my third cousin Nick Hind get delisted today from the Bombers. Goes to show that the AFL is riddled with politics, and no matter how good a footballer you are, your future is never assured.

Mate, agree with the Wildcard suggestion. Definitely could add some further interest to the finals series especially with teams like Maroochydore just leaving their run a little late.

But can we stop spreading your family propaganda across the QAFL page. Unless you have intel of him moving to a club next year, maybe take your comments to the Essendon page…

When are we gonna introduce a wild card round for finals?? Sherwood beat both Viccy Point and Palm Beach with ease in the final few rounds of the year, and looked to be storming home. A wildcard would definitely spice things up - just a suggestion.

As well, it was disappointing to see my third cousin Nick Hind get delisted today from the Bombers. Goes to show that the AFL is riddled with politics, and no matter how good a footballer you are, your future is never assured.
Wild card round is ridiculous. You have a whole season to earn a finals spot. Playing better for a few weeks later in the year isn’t a good enough reason to be given a spot. Dumbest idea I’ve ever heard really.

Wild card round is ridiculous. You have a whole season to earn a finals spot. Playing better for a few weeks later in the year isn’t a good enough reason to be given a spot. Dumbest idea I’ve ever heard really.
I’m with you Longy. So we want 8 teams in a 12 team competition to win a prize and play finals.

Makes it near impossible to win the premiership from 5 or 6th then as it’s an extra game you have to play. Where as a team like Palmy still right in mix now, with Wildcard the risk of injury etc makes it near on impossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m with you Longy. So we want 8 teams in a 12 team competition to win a prize and play finals.

Makes it near impossible to win the premiership from 5 or 6th then as it’s an extra game you have to play. Where as a team like Palmy still right in mix now, with Wildcard the risk of injury etc makes it near on impossible.
The wildcard suggestion from Boops was actually that the 10th placed team in a 12 team comp gets a prize.

It’s a concept where teams who weren’t good enough to qualify for finals despite knowing from the start of the season what the criteria was get to play finals get another game to replace teams that did fairly qualify for finals.
So effectively negating the entire home and away fixture as a concept. Got it!

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow there is a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum - it was just a suggestion.

I know footy as well as anyone, and in my eyes, the premiership team of the competition should also be the best team. Sherwood and Maroochydore might have had rough starts to the year, but I see those teams now situated in the top echelon of the QAFL given their respective finishes to the season. Teams like this should be given an opportunity, and a wildcard round is the perfect solution.

Last edited:
Wow there is a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum - it was just a suggestion.

I know footy as well as anyone, and in my eyes, the premiership team of the competition should also be the best team. Sherwood and Maroochydore might have had rough starts to the year, but I see those teams now situated in the top echelon of the QAFL given their respective finishes to the season. Teams like this should be given an opportunity, and a wildcard round is the perfect solution.

We finished 10th mate.

Don't be ridiculous. Even if there was a wild card round, as suggested for the AFL - its only for the 2 teams finshing 9th -10th and in this case, 7th and 8th...

So if someone disagrees with you they are keyboard warriors?

The premiership team of the comp is the best team over the entire year, then finals. Not a team who has a 3-4 game run after being ordinary for the other parts of the season. Even in the AFL, it’s a money grab for two extra finals and more games, would highly doubt a wildcard team would ever win a flag, especially when they have to play the actual good teams when it counts.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back