QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

We finished 10th mate.

Don't be ridiculous. Even if there was a wild card round, as suggested for the AFL - its only for the 2 teams finshing 9th -10th and in this case, 7th and 8th...
Maybe the idea was a bit of a stretch - I was just floating the idea out there.

I reckon you are underplaying your season a bit Thommo, given that you were the in-form team post the bye.

I don't think Sherwood will have to worry about a wildcard round in the future anyway, especially with the potential return of Josh Coombes and Liam Dawson for next year. Can you confirm or deny this Thommo?

Wow there is a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum - it was just a suggestion.

I know footy as well as anyone, and in my eyes, the premiership team of the competition should also be the best team. Sherwood and Maroochydore might have had rough starts to the year, but I see those teams now situated in the top echelon of the QAFL given their respective finishes to the season. Teams like this should be given an opportunity, and a wildcard round is the perfect solution.
Mate… pretty sure you’re the keyboard warrior here. Does Mt Gravatt play Noosa in the prelim in your fantasy land as well…

Maybe the idea was a bit of a stretch - I was just floating the idea out there.

I reckon you are underplaying your season a bit Thommo, given that you were the in-form team post the bye.

I don't think Sherwood will have to worry about a wildcard round in the future anyway, especially with the potential return of Josh Coombes and Liam Dawson for next year. Can you confirm or deny this Thommo?

So because Broadbeach beat the in form team of the comp (Sherwood) and Aspley in the second half of the season do we get a prize too 😂

Wow there is a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum - it was just a suggestion.

I know footy as well as anyone, and in my eyes, the premiership team of the competition should also be the best team. Sherwood and Maroochydore might have had rough starts to the year, but I see those teams now situated in the top echelon of the QAFL given their respective finishes to the season. Teams like this should be given an opportunity, and a wildcard round is the perfect solution.
It’s an opinion based forum hence why you got those on your idea.

It’s an opinion based forum hence why you got those on your idea.
Agree, I have no issues with posters declaring ideas, issues etc , thats one of the interesting things about a footy forum
On the subject involved here my opinion is ,,,,just let the system be as it has been for many years . Thats the beauty of a footy season . A club has to have goals and plans to achieve those goals and if you dont make the cut for finals then thats it season over , start planning for the next season. Its this cut throat system that keeps us so interested

Looks like potentially a very bad injury for Broady 2nds player number 46? According to last week's program it says its Cooper Hynes.

Clash between Grange's 44 and Hynes jumping at a tapped ball and for last 20 mins plays been stopped, teams are off, and I guess they are waiting for an ambulance :( Hope he's ok.

Looks like potentially a very bad injury for Broady 2nds player number 46? According to last week's program it says its Cooper Hynes.

Clash between Grange's 44 and Hynes jumping at a tapped ball and for last 20 mins plays been stopped, teams are off, and I guess they are waiting for an ambulance :( Hope he's ok.
Saw it on the stream Mobbs. I wish him a speedy recovery. Did the Grange player get sent off for it?

Did the Grange player get sent off for it?
Dunno, also saw it only on the stream, and the actual clash was slightly offscreen. Did you think it was something penalisable? I thought it was just two blokes in the air and one landed badly.
But they did resume with a Broadbeach free kick so I guess something wasn't above board!
View attachment wgbrdbch.mp4

So Morningside had a soft draw ! They will probably finish at least 3 wins ahead of third. They didn’t play Grange, Redlands, Surfers and PBC twice. I can’t see any of those sides adding to their 3 losses for the season. Give credit where it is due !

Well I think todays result would have surprised a few but in saying that even though Aspley beat Morningside twice this season it amounted to nothing today but in saying that if Aspley win next week it could be a ripper of a grand final
Aspley still the team to beat but the Panthers have more than enough talent to beat them
Great game of footy today
I really enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone know why Tom Hickey didn’t play today? Big loss at the wrong time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Redlands defeat Palm Beach today ,, Redland were just a class above all day . and thats without gun full forward Hammelman ... must say Clay Cameron was good today ..
Was a decent crowd considering it a Brisbane team playing a Gold Coast team .. and the grounds playing surface was the best Ive seen it for a while.
And I see Morningside have knocked off Aspley ,, this is one good effort and makes for a intriguing battle between the last 3 standing

Big day for Morningside yesterday with seniors advancing to the GF after not playing finals for last 2 years is a great effort by Club.

Colts and Ressies get another chance next week to try and get all 3 grades to the Big Dance.

On a separate note great to see 3 Morningside boys (Coleman, Triffett, Colenso) playing big part for Williamstown in VFL yesterday defeating Box Hill who had 18 AFL listed players to advance to another final against Lions 🦁 up in Brisbane next week.

And Wilson Barry going great guns for Central Districts in SANFL Finals.

Might have some nice 1 pointers returning in coming years to add to current Morningside list.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to jump on here and apologise for some of my responses/comments in recent times. I should have been more open-minded and respectful of other people's opinions.

We all have a common love for QAFL footy and that's what makes this forum so special.

I have reflected on myself in the last couple days, and getting on here and saying this was the right thing to do.

Hope you guys can understand,

Boops 😌

Big day for Morningside yesterday with seniors advancing to the GF after not playing finals for last 2 years is a great effort by Club.

Colts and Ressies get another chance next week to try and get all 3 grades to the Big Dance.

On a separate note great to see 3 Morningside boys (Coleman, Triffett, Colenso) playing big part for Williamstown in VFL yesterday defeating Box Hill who had 18 AFL listed players to advance to another final against Lions 🦁 up in Brisbane next week.

And Wilson Barry going great guns for Central Districts in SANFL Finals.

Might have some nice 1 pointers returning in coming years to add to current Morningside list.

You don't need 1 pointers, just manipulate the system to suit each week.

the 55 point team on the weekend squeezing down to 50 was an impressive feat !

You don't need 1 pointers, just manipulate the system to suit each week.

the 55 point team on the weekend squeezing down to 50 was an impressive feat !
Bit of sooking there Miller considering a few players that were allocated early in year went up after Thommo pointed out a few issues with some of the assessments.

Bit of sooking there Miller considering a few players that were allocated early in year went up after Thommo pointed out a few issues with some of the assessments.

No sooking, just seems one team playing by different rules. If it took my long lost twin to do AFLQ's job for them, well good luck to him! :p

By 'going up' I assume you mean 'correctly rated based on the published system' ?

Freddy and Miller the two spineless blokes that don’t want people to know who they are but like to have a crack at anyone or any club.

Not sure Thommo is your twin as at least he owns his comments and commentary and is respected in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back