QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, that was my understanding as well.

But if you look up the 2024 version (trigger warning: C*llingw**d premiership team on cover), that section has been completely removed. As is any reference to free kicks after disposal

So I'm not surprised different umpires have different answers to that question!

If it had gone through for a goal, imagine being the brave umpire that brought it back to the 50 arc!

Yes, that was my understanding as well.

But if you look up the 2024 version (trigger warning: C*llingw**d premiership team on cover), that section has been completely removed. As is any reference to free kicks after disposal

So I'm not surprised different umpires have different answers to that question!

If it had gone through for a goal, imagine being the brave umpire that brought it back to the 50 arc!
You mean if the fk was paid prior to the kick being taken? Haha - yeah that could create some mayhem...

Listed just 14 players in the 2's for tomorrow's home game.
Looks like it has been the case for a few weeks now. Not too long ago they had to get 6 Coorparoo old boys to suit up for them to get a game. Long injury list doesn’t help them too but jeez doesn’t look good for them

Haven’t had a chance to watch the Mayne V Buffs game yesterday but did Z Quinn get injured? Seems to have been unstoppable this year but recorded 0 goals.
Expected results all round although i would’ve thought Hinterland may of challenged the Kings a bit more at home?

Haven’t had a chance to watch the Mayne V Buffs game yesterday but did Z Quinn get injured? Seems to have been unstoppable this year but recorded 0 goals.
Expected results all round although i would’ve thought Hinterland may of challenged the Kings a bit more at home?
Quick Look at the first quarter footage appears to have grabbed his hamstring bout 15 mins into the first quarter. Found it strange that a bloke that has been unstoppable all year against everyone failed to kick a goal against the bottom team but that appears to explain it.

Was definitely expecting more from hinterland playing at home against Coorparoo but seems coops had a fair few ins from the week before though.

Massive game this weekend with Springwood vs Mayne again, was an absolute cracker of a game last time the two teams played and could be a genuine 8 point game. Springwood win and all of a sudden it gets much tighter up the top and Coorparoo likely move up. Mayne win and well Coorparoo and Mayne create a bit of a gap between them and the reigning premiers.

Bit of Hammy strain in the first qtr. sat out the final 3/4 qtrs to rest the it.

Think this week might put an end to any interest as to who's going to make finals

Was definitely expecting more from hinterland playing at home against Coorparoo but seems coops had a fair few ins from the week before though.

Suckling out too - how long for?

Had a watch of the last quarter footage. Might be worth moving the effects mic away from the bar!

Got give a shout out to Shane Fry for pulling on the boots to help out the Buffs on saturday. Former Mayne senior player who sons are making their way into seniors football for Mayne. Must have been a great buzz to play against his son Hayden.

Think this week might put an end to any interest as to who's going to make finals

Suckling out too - how long for?

Had a watch of the last quarter footage. Might be worth moving the effects mic away from the bar!
Looked like suckling was at the Hawthorn 2014 reunion in Melbourne so probably assume that is the case there.

Might be a good idea to keep all the mics away from the bar with some of the things you hear 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly expected results again this round. Unfortunately seem to have lost the “anyone can beat anyone on their day” feeling this league has had over the last few years.

Don’t think there’s been a single upset over the last month and looking ahead to round 10 can’t see that changing. Perhaps Moreton with Nickalls back give University a scare if Ashcroft is out again?

Fairly expected results again this round. Unfortunately seem to have lost the “anyone can beat anyone on their day” feeling this league has had over the last few years.

Don’t think there’s been a single upset over the last month and looking ahead to round 10 can’t see that changing. Perhaps Moreton with Nickalls back give University a scare if Ashcroft is out again?
Definitely feels as though the quality levels in these teams is starting to spread a bit more. Top getting a bit more dominant than the bottom.

UQ have been good this year even with Nickalls back I think that Moreton will still probably struggle a bit

Wowee. Beenleigh did not have a great weekend. Seniors lost by 206 points.

Big game next week that will sort the top 2 in both grades. Coorparoo and Mayne should be a cracker.

Springwood host UQ next week as well which also should be a good game to watch as well.

Wowee. Beenleigh did not have a great weekend. Seniors lost by 206 points.

Big game next week that will sort the top 2 in both grades. Coorparoo and Mayne should be a cracker.

Springwood host UQ next week as well which also should be a good game to watch as well.
Ressies lost by 170 as well. Beenleigh look in big trouble. Would be surprised if they’re in Div 1 next year at this rate.

Good bunch of games in a couple weeks after the round. Coorparoo & Mayne and the winner probably in the box seat for first spot for the year.

Springwood V UQ a good one as well. UQ tend to cause some trouble for Springwood at home. Probably a big one for UQ to really see where they’re at. Also for Springwood as a loss probably puts them out of the top 2 contention but a win keeps them on the tail of Coops & Mayne.

I’d say whoever wins on Saturday keeps top spot for the rest of the season.

Coops have Springwood again, but also face Caloundra twice and hinterland again at home. All winnable.

However Mayne has a huge 3 weeks. Coorparoo, Springwood and UQ. If Mayne win all 3 then they deserve top spot.

I’d say whoever wins on Saturday keeps top spot for the rest of the season.

Coops have Springwood again, but also face Caloundra twice and hinterland again at home. All winnable.

However Mayne has a huge 3 weeks. Coorparoo, Springwood and UQ. If Mayne win all 3 then they deserve top spot.
Mayne have a couple of big ins for Coops game. Should be a cracker of a game in both grades.

Interesting re the selection of the SEQ rep side. I note that 2 moreton bay players have been selected? Not sure how this could be with other teams well ahead of them having less?
Good to see a few clubs from out west represented, is there a quota for the selectors to hit?

On another note, very interesting round coming up after the bye as outlined earlier. Think we all know where the top 3 sides sit but the Springwood vs University game will test Uni”s credentials. I Note that they take on Hinterland and Mayne the following rounds aswell so a huge test for them.

Cooparoo and Mayne very interesting aswell. Think Mayne deserve to be premiership favourites as it currently sits but a win for Cooparoo can flip that narrative. Should be a cracking few weeks!

Interesting re the selection of the SEQ rep side. I note that 2 moreton bay players have been selected? Not sure how this could be with other teams well ahead of them having less?
Good to see a few clubs from out west represented, is there a quota for the selectors to hit?

On another note, very interesting round coming up after the bye as outlined earlier. Think we all know where the top 3 sides sit but the Springwood vs University game will test Uni”s credentials. I Note that they take on Hinterland and Mayne the following rounds aswell so a huge test for them.

Cooparoo and Mayne very interesting aswell. Think Mayne deserve to be premiership favourites as it currently sits but a win for Cooparoo can flip that narrative. Should be a cracking few weeks!
Unsure if it’s changed or not, but historically it was always a requirement to have two players from Wide Bay & two from the Darling Downs.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back