QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Big win by Mayne today and deserves to be in the last game of the season.
Coop apparently only had 17 fit payers in the 4th Qtr today but they lost the game well before that, with very poor displine. I believe they gave up 3 100 mtr penalties which created goals for mayne.
interested to watch the replay, but it was a dominant performance by the tigers
Yep. Coops having some injures towards the end of the season. However Mayne too strong and sent a message to UQ and Coops that they will be a challenge in the GF.

However finals, anything can happen. Coops and UQ meet again next week in the prelim. UQ too strong for Hinterland. But great to see Hinterland making it this far into the finals. And UQ sitting bottom last year and now going into a prelim next week. I reckon it’ll go down to the wire.

Mayne certainly look unstoppable at the moment. Just don’t know how you stop that forward line with the power of Quinn, Doolan and Maclean. Midfield incredibly strong also. If Coops can’t get healthy will be a less than ideal finish for them in their time in Div 1. Great club but losing 2 Grannies before heading up will certainly sting.

Fantastic to see UQ head this deep. Run a program on an oily rag and good spirit as a general rule. Have their swings and roundabouts and certainly trying to play QAFL footy wasn't the smartest idea once upon a time but they have recovered and at their level now. Same with Mayne - another really good footy club based around fantastic old boys support.

Well done to Mayne. It’s a great effort with so many Everton and Mayne juniors. They must have a great pathway with there juniors!
Good to see they have had a fair few go into the higher level and still come back to club at some point, Ivers, Coghlan etc. still quite a young crew going around as well so they’ll be strong contenders in Div 1 for a while.

3/4 Mayne players let off the hook at the tribunal from what was an incredibly physical game last week vs The Kings. Although Tom Fry suspended is a big out. Will be interesting to see how the appeal goes.

3/4 Mayne players let off the hook at the tribunal from what was an incredibly physical game last week vs The Kings. Although Tom Fry suspended is a big out. Will be interesting to see how the appeal goes.
If Reid got off last year to play in the granny after a sling tackle that would’ve given you 4 week suspension in the AFL I’m sure they’ll manage to get young Fry off too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the bloke concussed or hurt and going to miss some footy?

About the only way you're getting weeks for a tackle in community footy!

100% not the case.

We have had 4 players suspended this year for 'dangerous tackles' where the player tackled didn't so much as even get any treatment, played the entire game and there was zero remonstration,or even reaction from teammates.

If your hair so much as brushes a blade of grass in a tackle, it's deemed the head has hit the ground, it's low impact and then cops the automatic upgrade to medium for 'potential to cause injury' and you're missing a week. Challenge it, and you miss 2 weeks. Had some success at tribunal, but the resources and time you need to put in suck the life of of you.

That's interesting, wonder how many were picked up on video review? Or were they reported on the day?

Didn’t one of the players knock
Ben Gibson out with a similar bump like Houston from Port on weekend?

If Gibson misses this week surely he got weeeks?

I see he's not named this week, was he the one who got KO'd in the 4th quarter? Looks like a decent collision!

Usually not reported, just referred by umpire as 'possible dangerous tackle'

Irony is there could be 20 worse ones, but nobody going through looking for them, but if it's referred and they look at it, the threshold to get charged is very very low.

Essentially if the head makes contact with the ground, no matter how soft, you're getting a week.

If you slam someone into the ground, but their head doesn't touch it, or the video angle is bad, you are good to go.

Force almost irrelevant, just whether or not your head makes contact with the ground, as minimum impact on the matrix is medium as soon as it involves the head.

when an accident happens due to poor tackle technique or just some bad luck and nobody gets injured, but people are getting weeks - there is a problem.

Especially when you can walk up to someone and punch them and get a 'low level striking offence' and get nothing.

Didn’t one of the players knock
Ben Gibson out with a similar bump like Houston from Port on weekend?

If Gibson misses this week surely he got weeeks?
No. Mayne player picking the ball up off the ground and gibson came in second. AFLQ dismissed it immediately. No where near Houston. Its on the video available on Youtube. have a look before you start throwing out statements like that

No. Mayne player picking the ball up off the ground and gibson came in second. AFLQ dismissed it immediately. No where near Houston. Its on the video available on Youtube. have a look before you start throwing out statements like that
I did ask the question not make a statement if you read the comment properly?

No. Mayne player picking the ball up off the ground and gibson came in second. AFLQ dismissed it immediately. No where near Houston. Its on the video available on Youtube. have a look before you start throwing out statements

I did ask the question not make a statement if you read the comment properly?
2.24.33 on vision. AFLQ determined contact was accidental as both players were contesting ball simultaneously, so no charge.

So I watched the game today , my first DIV 1 game ive seen for 10 years .. ( as I attend the AFLQ games being a Broadbeach supporter )
The standard was better then I thought it would be ..
Coorparoo just a bit to good for UQ ..
See Mat Suckling ruptered his Achillies Tendon in the last quarter

So I watched the game today , my first DIV 1 game ive seen for 10 years .. ( as I attend the AFLQ games being a Broadbeach supporter )
The standard was better then I thought it would be ..
Coorparoo just a bit to good for UQ ..
See Mat Suckling ruptered his Achillies Tendon in the last quarter
Div 1 standard is a quite good in my opinion. Plenty of good talent spread around all the teams. This year certainly been the first one for a while since probably the Maroochy/Noosa days where it wasn’t as competitive.

Geez suckling Rupturing his Achilles is massive. Was already going to be hard enough for Coorparoo to beat Mayne now to do it without suckling you’d think that challenge got near impossible now.

Div 1 standard is a quite good in my opinion. Plenty of good talent spread around all the teams. This year certainly been the first one for a while since probably the Maroochy/Noosa days where it wasn’t as competitive.

Geez suckling Rupturing his Achilles is massive. Was already going to be hard enough for Coorparoo to beat Mayne now to do it without suckling you’d think that challenge got near impossible now.
Well I spoke to the trainer and she said thats what it appears to be ,,,

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back