QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Coorparoo have a huge job ahead of them to be somewhat competitive in the QAFL next season
Been saying that for a while. Would be surprised if there are anymore than 10-12 blokes that played today that are apart of their round 1 QAFL team next year and if they are well I hope the other 10 have a hell of a lot of talent.

Well we know we got a Mayne vs Coorparoo final now. Can coops get it done before heading up to QAFL or will Mayne play spoiler for them and cap off a great centenary year for the club. I find it hard to go past Mayne.

My early picks
Mayne by 22
Quinn BOG with Ivers being a close second.

Been saying that for a while. Would be surprised if there are anymore than 10-12 blokes that played today that are apart of their round 1 QAFL team next year and if they are well I hope the other 10 have a hell of a lot of talent.
are you saying they will loose players because they do njot wish to play at QAFL level

So I watched the game today , my first DIV 1 game ive seen for 10 years .. ( as I attend the AFLQ games being a Broadbeach supporter )
The standard was better then I thought it would be ..
Coorparoo just a bit to good for UQ ..
See Mat Suckling ruptered his Achillies Tendon in the last quarter
Youch. That’s career over sadly for a bloke of his age. Very sad

Youch. That’s career over sadly for a bloke of his age. Very sad
SMY,, thats if it is that injury ,, im only going off what the female trainer told me as I was watching from the fence and she was standing next to me...I noticed whilst he went down in lots of pain he actually walked off the oval with assistance

SMY,, thats if it is that injury ,, im only going off what the female trainer told me as I was watching from the fence and she was standing next to me...I noticed whilst he went down in lots of pain he actually walked off the oval with assistance
Well hope the trainer is wrong then. Mind you it sounds possibly like an injury that will prevent him from playing next week.

Am i right im thinking Gibson cant play the GF due to the new concussion 21day rule?
Or will the initial diagnosis be magically changed?

are you saying they will loose players because they do njot wish to play at QAFL level
Prob saying only 10 of the current blokes capable of playing at that level.
I think it’s a bit of both. There are a few guys on that list getting up there in age so I doubt they’ll want to play QAFL level but then there also will probably be only round a dozen in my opinion that are at that level too.

Am i right im thinking Gibson cant play the GF due to the new concussion 21day rule?
Or will the initial diagnosis be magically changed?
If it’s concussion at community level it is 21 days no matter what and that’s a minimum time off period. Have to get signed off by a doctor on the 21st day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a massive shame about suckling. He has been great to have in this comp, still had an elite kick and was great to watch him use it. Could still certainly turn a game on its head at this level in a couple minutes. Hopefully it’s not a ruptured Achilles or torn ACL or anything like that for his sake

That’s a massive shame about suckling. He has been great to have in this comp, still had an elite kick and was great to watch him use it. Could still certainly turn a game on its head at this level in a couple minutes. Hopefully it’s not a ruptured Achilles or torn ACL or anything like that for his sake
Kicked 2 goals in the 2nd quarter. Both exceptional

Managed to get out to The Castle yesterday, fantastic advertisement for Division 1 Football, played hard but fair from both teams.
Geez thats sad to see Sucklings days over, was great to have him running around and gave a real sense of legitimacy to the competition. Cant see a world where The Kings get up next week without him.
It will be interesting to see how University go next year being the hunted obviously second to Mayne with The Kings departed, massive step forward for there organisation this year.
Interesting re the scores of week 1 and 3 Kings Vs Red Lions the exact same at 101-75, both ripping games and even closer then the scoreboard suggested. Good luck to Mayne and Coorparoo next week !

Managed to get out to The Castle yesterday, fantastic advertisement for Division 1 Football, played hard but fair from both teams.
Geez thats sad to see Sucklings days over, was great to have him running around and gave a real sense of legitimacy to the competition. Cant see a world where The Kings get up next week without him.
It will be interesting to see how University go next year being the hunted obviously second to Mayne with The Kings departed, massive step forward for there organisation this year.
Interesting re the scores of week 1 and 3 Kings Vs Red Lions the exact same at 101-75, both ripping games and even closer then the scoreboard suggested. Good luck to Mayne and Coorparoo next week !
where is the venue for the grand final

The Tom Fry appeal was successful tonight and is free to play this weekend. Great result for Mayne, especially given the heat forecast this weekend.

The Tom Fry appeal was successful tonight and is free to play this weekend. Great result for Mayne, especially given the heat forecast this weekend.
Thought it would be. Would’ve been very surprised to see him suspended for the grand final. Massive in for them too, he was good in that first semi. Find it very hard to see Coorparoo beating them.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back