QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

The season is over and the dust has settled. the last 2 clubs are having their mad Monday's.
So who are going to read the tea leaves and predict what will Div 1. resemble next year.
Coop have moved to the QAFL.
Will Benleigh be able to rebuild in time for 2025.
What are Sandgates and Alex Hills plans for 2025. Both seem to travelling quite well with their seniors and ressies playing the Grannies.
Then Cooly and Burleigh are up and about in the South. Will they be keen to test themselves in a higher Div.
Will be interesting on how long AFLQ take to sort it. Dont know any of the Admin stuff on how they go about communication with the clubs. If there is a nomination process for clubs to decide what Div they play in.
EOIs were sought back in June with a July 31 deadline for Div 1 and Div 2. You'd assume a couple of Div 2 sides have been granted some sort of conditional approval behind closed doors and there'll be an announcement once the dust has settled on the D2 North and South seasons. I'd be very surprised if Div 1 is a 7 team comp, surely we go to 8 or even 9. 9 seems perfect to me, double round robin plus a natural bye. Would mean the season start date is brought forward a couple weeks, less preseason and get straight into it!

I am way too far removed from both clubs to understand what has happened here to pass any comment, let alone judgement.

Have I missed something?
Haven’t missed much, that comment from Tigers4Flag just about summed it up - unfortunately, a club that decides to be led by someone of the weak character of #12 Holna deserves all the poor fortune that might come their way.

EOIs were sought back in June with a July 31 deadline for Div 1 and Div 2. You'd assume a couple of Div 2 sides have been granted some sort of conditional approval behind closed doors and there'll be an announcement once the dust has settled on the D2 North and South seasons. I'd be very surprised if Div 1 is a 7 team comp, surely we go to 8 or even 9. 9 seems perfect to me, double round robin plus a natural bye. Would mean the season start date is brought forward a couple weeks, less preseason and get straight into it!
Agree - you can't have the division underneath your #1 comp being a 7 team comp. Sandgate and Alex Hills seem obvious to come up. Like to think both would find good players coming to them if they did.

I reckon Coorparoo's Div 3 South side could play Div 1 :p

Shift them up I say!

You didn’t hear this from me, but I’m hearing whispers that Coorparoo as a club might fold—just like they did on Saturday. Their reserves have only lost three games in two years—all against Mayne, including two grand finals. Talk about a club that just doesn’t know how to win flags.

If people around the club aren’t calling that Holna bloke the Leon Davis of Coorparoo, then they just don’t get that too. I haven’t seen a performance like that absolute trash since 2002.

In all seriousness surely Holna cant be considered for there leadership group next year? Would be suprised if hes even in the best 22 of the QAFL side let alone the carry on that comes with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair bit of carry on for a little love tap before the first bounce.

same blokes probably have a beer and tell anyone that will listen that the game has gone soft.
I do agree a bit of carry on but when ya little love taps and I’ll discipline start to cost you goals and get you yellow carded that is extremely poor leadership and letting your team mates down, it’s not a great look.

fair bit of carry on for a little love tap before the first bounce.

same blokes probably have a beer and tell anyone that will listen that the game has gone soft.
Not about that mate, the constant poor behaviour and lack of discipline which costs them games and filters down through the whole team as seen through the whole season. Cant be a good thing for a club who will struggle to win a game next year

Not about that mate, the constant poor behaviour and lack of discipline which costs them games and filters down through the whole team as seen through the whole season. Cant be a good thing for a club who will struggle to win a game next year
So what do you want done?

I haven’t seen the incident but it’s been described on here as a player who stepped over the line, and he was rightfully penalised for it on field and has a likely MRP hearing?

Am I missing something? Is some guy badly injured from this incident?

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back