QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Very early for this chat but hearing Hinterland are kicking off there recruiting next year with what would be the best player in the league. Ex junior

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was only a few years back it was 6 teams.

Do Beenleigh stay? Who comes up?

HQ massively dragging the chain on planning and structure.
Dont think its ever been 6 teams since the old North South split, did have 7 a couple times between 2020-21 when Caloundra didn’t compete and then after Noosa went up.

I’d imagine Beenleigh will be in a similar situation to Mt Gravatt are for QAFL after all Beenleigh did have a horrible run of injuries this year. Think they’ll stay up for another year at least. Dont think any team is clawing at the bit though to come up. Although probably 3-4 total from the north/south that have the capability of coming up.

Used to HQ dragging the chain on it like they do everything else though.

Dont think its ever been 6 teams since the old North South split, did have 7 a couple times between 2020-21 when Caloundra didn’t compete and then after Noosa went up.

I’d imagine Beenleigh will be in a similar situation to Mt Gravatt are for QAFL after all Beenleigh did have a horrible run of injuries this year. Think they’ll stay up for another year at least. Dont think any team is clawing at the bit though to come up. Although probably 3-4 total from the north/south that have the capability of coming up.

Used to HQ dragging the chain on it like they do everything else though.
Agree that 3-4 could come up. But I can’t see it being from the GC unless 3 come up together. Think of Coolangatta, they have a good rivalry with Bond and Burleigh that remains competitive. The furthest they drive is to Coomera. Why would they want to head up to the north side of Brisbane to play Mayne & UQ and even further to play Moreton Bay and Caloundra? Even Springwood is a hike compared to what they do now.

Unless you’re aiming for QAFL why bring the travel in?

Last edited:
Normally a competition meeting late November, early December so surely we'll have an answer by then. Most teams starting preseason in about month you'd assume.
Yes apperently heaps to discuss and act upon in the Div 1 space for both Men’s and Women’s.Most AFLQ staff on leave during October! How many teams and who? the big question with the men whilst fixturing times for the Women under review.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back