QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a jindalee junior and am still mates with all the boys in the team because I live in the jindalee area so I no they won't be any sort of pushover. Might need abit of time for everybody to find the right position again after not playing for years would be their main problem I would say.

Major how did you blokes go?
We got the job done over the chooks 124-24.

Can confirm that the Ipswich Cats are still struggling to pull a team together.

Not ruling them out if they manage to get some U/16's to play up but...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My sauces tell me that they lost quite a few kids to the ipswich Eagles who are currently playing reserves and seniors, apparently the Eagles had to do some trade offs for the clearances and looks like they come out of the deal better as the players the Eagles cleared to the cats aint playing. Sacked the new president just after xmas and too may cheifs not enough indians i hear.
Collingwoodpark are the big winners apparently i hear my sources also tell me out of the 3 ipswich clubs they have the most Talant and would be a 50 point better team than the Eagles who play in the next div up and 100 point team better than the cats. Mmmmm maybe the cats but hard to believe better the Eagles tho. From what i hear the cats and the power (especially cats) could ask the Eagles for a few lessons on how to build numbers 45+ on the training track(all preseason too ) and had to leave 12 out on Saturday. Its a pity the cats butchered the relationship between the Eagles a few months ago the could certainly use their help now any way all i can say is i hope my Team the roosters can take it out on our first year

My sauces tell me that they lost quite a few kids to the ipswich Eagles who are currently playing reserves and seniors, apparently the Eagles had to do some trade offs for the clearances and looks like they come out of the deal better as the players the Eagles cleared to the cats aint playing. Sacked the new president just after xmas and too may cheifs not enough indians i hear.
Collingwoodpark are the big winners apparently i hear my sources also tell me out of the 3 ipswich clubs they have the most Talant and would be a 50 point better team than the Eagles who play in the next div up and 100 point team better than the cats. Mmmmm maybe the cats but hard to believe better the Eagles tho. From what i hear the cats and the power (especially cats) could ask the Eagles for a few lessons on how to build numbers 45+ on the training track(all preseason too ) and had to leave 12 out on Saturday. Its a pity the cats butchered the relationship between the Eagles a few months ago the could certainly use their help now any way all i can say is i hope my Team the roosters can take it out on our first year

I mean sure you sound like you no what your talking about but we now have 55 on the books and 3o0 or more at training each night. Don't think we are doing to badly for a club with 2/3 junior teams and 1 senior side..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate i thought you were at the cats, i know rexy boy and them numbers are correct once again i apologize i thought you were saying the cats had 50+

All good mate. Do your sources also tell you cats might be better than you believe having picked up a few solid RAAF lads?

See how long they last they said the same thing last season. They talk their numbers up mate but dont tell howtheir masters make up half their team. Why do you think they lost 5-7 of their 16-17 year olds to the ipswich Eagles. It all comes down to professionalism and sadly they lack that big time. They won 1 game last year 1st one in 2 seasons but had to do it by permitting 6-7 players from pine rivers. The pain may ease slightly this year and the only reason that is is because they dont play sandgate,zillmiera,woodsman ect. From what my sources tell me and they might be wrong but its a make or break year for the cats seniors and they are losing their juniors at a rapid rate because of the people they have in place but any way who cares about all the stories we hear lets get the footy season going

See how long they last they said the same thing last season. They talk their numbers up mate but dont tell howtheir masters make up half their team. Why do you think they lost 5-7 of their 16-17 year olds to the ipswich Eagles. It all comes down to professionalism and sadly they lack that big time. They won 1 game last year 1st one in 2 seasons but had to do it by permitting 6-7 players from pine rivers. The pain may ease slightly this year and the only reason that is is because they dont play sandgate,zillmiera,woodsman ect. From what my sources tell me and they might be wrong but its a make or break year for the cats seniors and they are losing their juniors at a rapid rate because of the people they have in place but any way who cares about all the stories we hear lets get the footy season going

You seem to care enough to post about them and love to quote your "sources" hahahaha. Who are these amazing "sources"?

At the end of the day, whether their team is full of masters players, 16 years olds or absolute guns, they are getting out there on a Friday night and having a kick. I'd rather be losing week in week out, than not be playing at all. Yes it's always nice to win, but having a run around with mates on a Friday night is what this competition is all about isn't it?

Amazing sources? I said they could be wrong and im sure they are wrong times. I wouldnt say i care about the cats more likly my beloved roosters
You seem to care enough to post about them and love to quote your "sources" hahahaha. Who are these amazing "sources"?
Ok

At the end of the day, whether their team is full of masters players, 16 years olds or absolute guns, they are getting out there on a Friday night and having a kick. I'd rather be losing week in week out, than not be playing at all. Yes it's always nice to win, but having a run around with mates on a Friday night is what this competition is all about isn't it?

You sir are on the money!

So much talk on here bagging clubs or putting teams down for being rubbish but end of the day everybody just wants a kick. If all the people putting these teams down actually decided to go and help out the competition and football in Queensland would be much better off.

Every body is entitled to an opinion but armchair experts with 'sources' do no good for anybody.

Get down help out and feel great about moving things in the right direction rather than sit back and watch clubs or teams fold. Somebody from the revived roosters can surely appreciate what I'm trying to say.

This.

Regardless of whether or not the Cats are in trouble, this is division 5. As long as there's a game each week and they're enjoying it, good for them. If you don't like it, I've heard there's a spot for you at Limestone Park.

Development of AFL football in Ipswich is without a doubt slow. I remember when the Cats moved to their new grounds by the RAAF base, AFLQ promised to do whatever work on a field there. Long story short, they never did. The area has 4 junior clubs which isn't bad, but only the Cats have any youth teams. Soccer and Rugby are bigger than ever around here, and AFLQ doesn't seem to care.

tl;dr AFL football in Ipswich is in danger.

This.

Regardless of whether or not the Cats are in trouble, this is division 5. As long as there's a game each week and they're enjoying it, good for them. If you don't like it, I've heard there's a spot for you at Limestone Park.

Development of AFL football in Ipswich is without a doubt slow. I remember when the Cats moved to their new grounds by the RAAF base, AFLQ promised to do whatever work on a field there. Long story short, they never did. The area has 4 junior clubs which isn't bad, but only the Cats have any youth teams. Soccer and Rugby are bigger than ever around here, and AFLQ doesn't seem to care.

tl;dr AFL football in Ipswich is in danger.
AFL football dead in ipswich? Mate where do you get the your facts from? collingwoodpark have over 50 on the books and could field 2 teams if they wanted too but are happy to stay where they are ipswich Eagles had 12 players miss out last week hence why they were trying to get them a game in our thirds but couldnt cause we had no room for them. And as for juniors and youth teams yes the cats are the only team in ipswich with youth but are struggling for numbers hence why the are lending players from brisbane teams to make numbers for the under 16's after losing 5-7 teenage kids to the Eagles. The Eagles juniors have doubled in the last 2 years and aus kick they had over 50 kids the cats had 20 somthing i believe.
Your right we should be encouraging footy in ipswich as a whole but sadly and its true if you dont have the right structures and people in place your club could die and the latter is why the collingwoodpark and the Eagles refuse to work with the cats because there are too many people there who are just about themselves. Collingwoodpark and the Eagle's coaching groups have great relationships with many clubs this is why these 2 clubs are getting bigger.
The biggest mistake the cats ever made is moving from ipswich central (limestone park ) to out the back of leichaerdt and the only reason they did this so they could start their own senior club with the Ambition of trying to decimate the Eagles and collingwoodpark well now that looks like its back fired.

Last edited:
You sir are on the money!

So much talk on here bagging clubs or putting teams down for being rubbish but end of the day everybody just wants a kick. If all the people putting these teams down actually decided to go and help out the competition and football in Queensland would be much better off.

Every body is entitled to an opinion but armchair experts with 'sources' do no good for anybody.

Get down help out and feel great about moving things in the right direction rather than sit back and watch clubs or teams fold. Somebody from the revived roosters can surely appreciate what I'm trying to say.

Spot on - Lucky I'm really not sure who you are or that you're actually affiliated with us or not.. if you are actually with us, let's please focus on what we are building and leave the commentary on other clubs to other people. Thanks!

AFL football dead in ipswich? Mate where do you get the your facts from? collingwoodpark have over 50 on the books and could field 2 teams if they wanted too but are happy to stay where they are ipswich Eagles had 12 players miss out last week hence why they were trying to get them a game in our thirds but couldnt cause we had no room for them. And as for juniors and youth teams yes the cats are the only team in ipswich with youth but are struggling for numbers hence why the are lending players from brisbane teams to make numbers for the under 16's after losing 5-7 teenage kids to the Eagles. The Eagles juniors have doubled in the last 2 years and aus kick they had over 50 kids the cats had 20 somthing i believe.
Your right we should be encouraging footy in ipswich as a whole but sadly and its true if you dont have the right structures and people in place your club could die and the latter is why the collingwoodpark and the Eagles refuse to work with the cats because there are too many people there who are just about themselves. Collingwoodpark and the Eagle's coaching groups have great relationships with many clubs this is why these 2 clubs are getting bigger.
The biggest mistake the cats ever made is moving from ipswich central (limestone park ) to out the back of leichaerdt and the only reason they did this so they could start their own senior club with the Ambition of trying to decimate the Eagles and collingwoodpark well now that looks like its back fired.

I didn't say footy was dead around here, I said it was in danger.

I agree with you for the most part. I don't want to say the Cats are to blame here, but they pretty much are. In terms of seniors, C' Park and Eagles aren't doing too bad. However to be able to sustain those numbers for seniors in the long run, there needs to be juniors coming through.

Pretty much the reason the Cats moved out of Limestone Park was because the only realistic way the Cats and Eagles could share a ground was with a merger between the junior and senior clubs (this was before Cats had seniors and Eagles had juniors). With the Cats being the club they are, this wouldn't work so the move was made.

For the first year or two things didn't look terrible. Juniors were steadily coming in, and their seniors were able to get a few players a week. But it could only go down from there, and now the Eagles are laughing. Fast forward to now with a new club president elected, probably 3/4 of the club left for other clubs or sports altogether, and it's looking a mess.

The best thing the Cats can do now is try and build relationships with the Power, Eagles and even other West Brisbane sides, just to build a decent foundation again.

Spot on - Lucky I'm really not sure who you are or that you're actually affiliated with us or not.. if you are actually with us, let's please focus on what we are building and leave the commentary on other clubs to other people. Thanks!

I'm the collingwood park skipper mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back