QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Just goes to show how ******ed (TM. Heath Shaw) is was to split the competition.

I hear that Colly Park beat the Woodies in a Practice Match, and then apparently Yeronga recruited heavily and still get dusted by the Kings.

The only genuine easy beats were probably going to be the Cats and Moorooka, and Zillmere look like they will be way ahead of all of Div 4 and 5.

Looked at the Div 4 draw on friday for the first time, thinking I might go watch a game - but there was nothing on within an hours ruddy drive!

Games at Sandgate, Zillmere and Ormeau - ruddy great for people who want to nip down and take a look!

They should all get used to each other, whoever they played on Friday - they will play them again 3 more times before the finals even start... BOOOOORING!

Lowest division footy QAFL - try doing that in QFA Nth last year...

I watched Kings vs Devils in the Seniors on Saturday.

Scoreboard flattered the Devils - Kings had them covered easily. I left with 15 minutes to go because the game was dead, can only assume the Devils kicked 3 or 4 in junk time?

As Tommo said - good effort to spread the talent across 3 teams to win all 3 divisions relatively easily. Perhaps its more about where the 2 clubs are at...?
Boyd went beserk it looked and kicked 5 in the last...

I watched Kings vs Devils in the Seniors on Saturday.

Scoreboard flattered the Devils - Kings had them covered easily. I left with 15 minutes to go because the game was dead, can only assume the Devils kicked 3 or 4 in junk time?

As Tommo said - good effort to spread the talent across 3 teams to win all 3 divisions relatively easily. Perhaps its more about where the 2 clubs are at...?

Devils seniors are missing 12 players through injury and unavailability. Had them covered easily? Then I'd be a disappointed kings coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who were possibly planning on heading to yeronga tomorrow night for devils v power game has been changed to play at the power house (redbank)

Tips are as follows

Div 4

UQ
Magpies
Zilmere

Div 5

Power
Ferny
Mayne
Jindalee

Good luck to all!

Power are very good at home I'm calling it now they will be undefeated at Redbank Plains this year. An early observation that their ruckman #5 will probably win the league medal or be up there in the mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power are very good at home I'm calling it now they will be undefeated at Redbank Plains this year. An early observation that their ruckman #5 will probably win the league medal or be up there in the mix.

Makes it even more ridiculous they made finals last year but were allowed to be in div 5

Makes it even more ridiculous they made finals last year but were allowed to be in div 5

Blah blah blah been hearing it since the comp got split. Yes we played finals last year and got spanked first week (and would have got spanked regardless of who we played)

As a football club we were willing to go either way with the comps however we lost a lot of players and until January this year it was looking like we might not even be able to field a team. So we opted to go in the lower division. Since then we have picked up a new coach and a host of players have come down and now things are looking up.

Just because we had a big win last night doesn't make us some unfair super team to play against. Speaking to the yeronga lads after the game they had some blokes missing and trying to essentially gel 3 groups together (seconds players who float between, thirds and the park ridge lads) will take time.

Our new goal is to continue getting people through the doors and have a div 4 and 5 team next year.

I support the comp split because when you look at it there was essentially daylight between the top 6 and bottom six last year. I think it is however unfortunate the div 4 only has 6 teams but hopefully with Friday night footy growing next year more teams will bolster those numbers and everybody can be happy.

Blah blah blah been hearing it since the comp got split. Yes we played finals last year and got spanked first week (and would have got spanked regardless of who we played)

As a football club we were willing to go either way with the comps however we lost a lot of players and until January this year it was looking like we might not even be able to field a team. So we opted to go in the lower division. Since then we have picked up a new coach and a host of players have come down and now things are looking up.

Just because we had a big win last night doesn't make us some unfair super team to play against. Speaking to the yeronga lads after the game they had some blokes missing and trying to essentially gel 3 groups together (seconds players who float between, thirds and the park ridge lads) will take time.

Our new goal is to continue getting people through the doors and have a div 4 and 5 team next year.

I support the comp split because when you look at it there was essentially daylight between the top 6 and bottom six last year. I think it is however unfortunate the div 4 only has 6 teams but hopefully with Friday night footy growing next year more teams will bolster those numbers and everybody can be happy.

So next year if a club like Sandgate or UQ for example lose a few players, decide that they aren't confident of being competitive every week, even after a decent year this year, they should be able to just say to AFLQ, "we want to play in Div 5 and be able to win games"?

So next year if a club like Sandgate or UQ for example lose a few players, decide that they aren't confident of being competitive every week, even after a decent year this year, they should be able to just say to AFLQ, "we want to play in Div 5 and be able to win games"?

Ok, so colly park go up a div and then both divs have a bye week due to the odd numbers created by doing this?? Major is right, if it weren't colly park who made the finals, it would have been us who would also have exited first round. There was a significant gap between the comp and it's a shame the div 4 boys have a low amount of teams.

I'm not saying splitting the comp was the right decision, but at the very least, it gives us something to play for now. The premiers may only be king of the shit, but it beats being the shit of the kings.

So next year if a club like Sandgate or UQ for example lose a few players, decide that they aren't confident of being competitive every week, even after a decent year this year, they should be able to just say to AFLQ, "we want to play in Div 5 and be able to win games"?[/

That's exactly what anybody should be able to do. Kedron two years ago were on the verge of folding entered the Friday night comp to keep a team out there and rebuild their club. Then moved back up once on their feet again.

Having a crack at us is just like saying Zilmere should move up to the next division because they are successful and sit atop the ladder most years. Or that Labrador should move up to the NEAFL because they are dominating the QAFL.

Promotion/relegation in place for Friday nights will sort out the problem. And hopefully teams like jimboomba/Kenmore/ippy eagles can re-enter the fold and bolster numbers in both comps.

Splitting the comp was a good idea, but at least split it evenly or wait until there are enough teams.

Complete joke playing in a 6 team competition.

The reason i was given was so new teams could be more competitive. Yet the bottom of div 5 is still being pumped by the top of div 5.

The real shame of it all is that it makes it hard to maintain a culture of inclusion by rotating guys through the team, because every week is a tough matchup. No disrespect to the Cats for example, but we used to use that game as an opportunity to give our new guys a game, guys that have never even played before.

The spankings in Div 5 look no different to what was being handed out when it was one comp. All its done is make the mid tier sides feel special.

Splitting the comp was a good idea, but at least split it evenly or wait until there are enough teams.

The reason i was given was so new teams could be more competitive. Yet the bottom of div 5 is still being pumped by the top of div 5.

The real shame of it all is that it makes it hard to maintain a culture of inclusion by rotating guys through the team, because every week is a tough matchup. No disrespect to the Cats for example, but we used to use that game as an opportunity to give our new guys a game, guys that have never even played before.

The spankings in Div 5 look no different to what was being handed out when it was one comp. All its done is make the mid tier sides feel special.

Feel special?

Coorparoo could have beaten us last night if not for a poor first quarter. The games against Mayne, Colly Park and Jindalee are shaping to be close contests. Yeronga will be different every week.

I'm sorry you miss out on your Friday night training runs now, Thommo. Must be tough.

As for feeling special, I certainly didn't feel special last night against the kings.

Yes because predicting how strong teams will be is an easy task right?

With any experiment you need to begin somewhere and AFLQ have taken a pure stab in the dark in grading teams so why don't we just let it be?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes because predicting how strong teams will be is an easy task right?

With any experiment you need to begin somewhere and AFLQ have taken a pure stab in the dark in grading teams so why don't we just let it be?

AFLQ didn't take a stab. If they did it would of been last years top 8 sides made div 4. The rest div 5. But they let teams choose what they wanted and now they have a ridiculous setup with 6 teams in a comp. Last years comp from the outside looked like a good one. Sure, there were great sides and ordinary sides which resulted in some big wins, but that's happening in the AFL even this season and in every other comp almost in Australia. The only ones who seem to be happy now are the "top" div 5 sides who are happy they will now have an easier way to win a trophy.

AFLQ didn't take a stab. If they did it would of been last years top 8 sides made div 4. The rest div 5. But they let teams choose what they wanted and now they have a ridiculous setup with 6 teams in a comp. Last years comp from the outside looked like a good one. Sure, there were great sides and ordinary sides which resulted in some big wins, but that's happening in the AFL even this season and in every other comp almost in Australia. The only ones who seem to be happy now are the "top" div 5 sides who are happy they will now have an easier way to win a trophy.

Upon review why don't we make it the one team clubs have div 4 and the clubs with 3 teams play in div5. Would that look better?
Thinking out loud here

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back