QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

The ground closures are a recommendation by council, but that causes issues with insurance coverage. So just leaves AFLQ in a sh*t situation.
Yeah exactly - the council don't say "we are closing the ovals" but instead say "IF you decide to go ahead with games then insurance is null and void". This basically means that AFLQ / clubs won't run the risk and fair enough too. But its the council removal of this insurance that is the cause of the action.

Yeah exactly - tcouncil don't say "we are closing the ovals" but instead say "IF you decide to go ahead with games then insurance is null and void". This basically means that AFLQ / clubs won't run the risk and fair enough too. But its the council removal of this insurance that is the cause of the action.
The issue SMY is that our competitions cover Gold Coast, Brisbane, Logan, Redlands, Moreton Bay & Sunny Coast councils. All make differing decisions. I.e. as I understand Gold Coast council are very much micro management and Brisbane less so. i.e. Saturday QAFL match between Morningside & Labrador was moved to Morningside

Councils pay for the maintenance of ovals on the GC, so having a say in their use makes sense.

They don't pay for it in BCC, so why would they close them when they don't lift a finger to maintain them?

Redland have theirs closed by RCC, so can only assume thats another club joining the QAFL comp with a $60k headstart on field maintenence.

I'm sure Morningside, Sherwood, Grange and Mt Gravatt (and any other club in Brisbane in another deivision) would put up with having their ovals closed in heavy rain sometimes for the benefit of a $60k+ saving in their annual overhead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont want to share the stage Longy?

I feel like I remember you trying to put yourself in the middle last year and the runner came out to you and said 'nah mate, you're not swapping with Toohey'

I guess sometimes you just gotta know your place. Runner Up league medal it is!

:p

He reminds of this fact quite regularly!

would be very surprised. Stirring the pot there footylad?

Anyone go to Mt Gravatt v UQ, or Collingwood Park vs marooka games?

Not sure about the Collingwood Park game but heard the Mt Gravatt v UQ was a close one with Mt Gravatt taking the biscuits. 48 def 44 or something like that with 5 lead changes. I think both were missing a fair few players. By all accounts a good hit out.

Haven't heard much about these 2 new sides. Whats the origins of both and who are the key people steering them?

Northshore based at Mudjimba on sunshine coast mate. Not a big club and been predominantly a junior club with a womens team in recent years. This year they have decided to take the bit bn the teeth and put a senior team together which isnt a bad idea bc their juniors had nothing to aspire for - no colts, no seniors. Either didn't play at all or depending on ability went to Hinterland or Maroochydore (a few up to Noosa).
They will have picked up a few from Maroochydore 3rds I think.
Northshore as a club were created back in 1998 I think - combined with Maroochydore when they went out of business at end of 1999 a couple of years later to form Maroochy-Nth Shore then split.

Northshore based at Mudjimba on sunshine coast mate. Not a big club and been predominantly a junior club with a womens team in recent years. This year they have decided to take the bit bn the teeth and put a senior team together which isnt a bad idea bc their juniors had nothing to aspire for - no colts, no seniors. Either didn't play at all or depending on ability went to Hinterland or Maroochydore (a few up to Noosa).
They will have picked up a few from Maroochydore 3rds I think.
Northshore as a club were created back in 1998 I think - combined with Maroochydore when they went out of business at end of 1999 a couple of years later to form Maroochy-Nth Shore then split.
Based on what was reported about the Bribie result it sounds like they're one to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back