QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is Ipswich Cats will either field an under 18's team and no QFA team, or have a really young QFA squad. I wonder what would happen if the former were true, because there are clearly some blokes who want to keep playing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would be a shame to see as they have shown some steady improvement over the last couple of years and if they can keep the team on the paddock would continue to do so

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately not sorry, not even in the home rooms. Something to come in the near future we plan. There are a few showers in the shower block right next to the change rooms though!!

Have they got showers in the visitors rooms yet? Or windows? That would be something of a luxury
Do you have lights?

How about supporting them instead of being a bitch, this is why clubs struggle to get players, sponsors, volunteers and basic support.
Instead of trying to make it worse you could think of something that may help them like writing a letter to a local councillor or local MP to get them some help instead of coming on a footy forum and being a douche bitch.

Good luck Redbacks in your journey.

Do you have lights?
Yes, always have had lights. In my opinion they are brighter then the lights some other Friday night teams have had but unfortunately they still weren't up to scratch. Oh well, they will be ready to go for the season coming.
How about supporting them instead of being a bitch, this is why clubs struggle to get players, sponsors, volunteers and basic support.
Instead of trying to make it worse you could think of something that may help them like writing a letter to a local councillor or local MP to get them some help instead of coming on a footy forum and being a douche bitch.

Good luck Redbacks in your journey.
Thanks for the support, you're spot on! Cheers!!

Any idea how these comps will be setup? Have heard Jimboomba, Logan, Aspley and grange are all putting teams in. Mayne and Coll Park up to div 4 with Ormeau staying? Will new teams go into div 5 or will they be allowed to pick which comp? Have been told sandgate may not field a team at all with a heap of retirements, which would be a shame

Common sense would place teams in Div 4 that are good enough (Likely Jimboomba from that list) and probably Logan given its a senior side.

Aspley having a 5ths is a bit rich!

I reckon after what happened with Ormeau this year:
Div 4 - Zillmere, Western Magpies, Morningside, UQ, Mayne, CollPark, Coorparoo, Jindalee
Div 5 - Moorooka, Ipswich Cats, Ferny Grove, Yeronga, Jimboomba, Logan, Aspley, Ormeau
(Assuming the above is true and all teams (apart from Sandgate) stay)

I reckon after what happened with Ormeau this year:
Div 4 - Zillmere, Western Magpies, Morningside, UQ, Mayne, CollPark, Coorparoo, Jindalee
Div 5 - Moorooka, Ipswich Cats, Ferny Grove, Yeronga, Jimboomba, Logan, Aspley, Ormeau
(Assuming the above is true and all teams (apart from Sandgate) stay)
Don’t forget Marist, the team playing out of grange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continuous improvement + 2 new teams from lower div. If they want to stay, they should be allowed to

I guess so, but if they lack success two years in a row, they should give div 5 a go. I reckon up to 4 teams could get promoted depending on the influx of new teams into div 5.

Why would a team coming out of Grange not just be Grange?

Regardless, more growth in this competition is a good thing. It's becoming a concern around some clubs though with the quality of players that are choosing to play Friday nights. I've heard it said of a few clubs that they would rather get rid of their 3rds because it gives guys an easy option who should otherwise be slugging it out for a 1s spot. Stupid idea though, as they just end up elsewhere.

Look at this year, you had guys like Cash, Stevens, Woods, Moore, McCivor, Warren, Argus running around in Div 4 who are all easily going to get a senior game at QAFL level. Eventually clubs will get annoyed if more and more blokes like this do it (well the ones still in their 20's anyway)

Any truth too the rumours ormeau going with co coaches ?
Hearing one of those coaches is expecting too bring a few players from higher divisions with him.

Why would a team coming out of Grange not just be Grange?

Regardless, more growth in this competition is a good thing. It's becoming a concern around some clubs though with the quality of players that are choosing to play Friday nights. I've heard it said of a few clubs that they would rather get rid of their 3rds because it gives guys an easy option who should otherwise be slugging it out for a 1s spot. Stupid idea though, as they just end up elsewhere.

Look at this year, you had guys like Cash, Stevens, Woods, Moore, McCivor, Warren, Argus running around in Div 4 who are all easily going to get a senior game at QAFL level. Eventually clubs will get annoyed if more and more blokes like this do it (well the ones still in their 20's anyway)

well maybe more Friday night footy needs to be played in the QAFL division if this is what blokes are voting with their feet? Especially earlier or later in the season imo when the weather is conducive to night footy.

I think its more to do with the level of committment required during the week, not just the Friday night game that keeps your weekend free

hard to play Fridays for other divisions when they have reserves and colts to cater for.

Any truth too the rumours ormeau going with co coaches ?
Hearing one of those coaches is expecting too bring a few players from higher divisions with him.

The Mark Robinson of QLD footy :)

Couple of fresh faces at the doggies would be handy, maybe even Get you having a kick mate ;-)

Excited to see how everything is structured. Time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back