QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Southport having QAFL and VFL is an absurd pipe dream that shouldn't even be considered, or allowed.
As I mentioned, I can't speak on behalf of the club, but our goal is to provide a place where juniors can play and progress within the club, whether it’s in Division 4, 3, 2, or 1. While we can't prevent juniors from moving on, we want to offer them the opportunity to play seniors at our club at some capacity. You’re right QAFL and VFL wouldn’t make sense.

As I mentioned, I can't speak on behalf of the club, but our goal is to provide a place where juniors can play and progress within the club, whether it’s in Division 4, 3, 2, or 1. While we can't prevent juniors from moving on, we want to offer them the opportunity to play seniors at our club at some capacity. You’re right QAFL and VFL wouldn’t make sense.
It's a great idea - appreciate Sharks cop a fair bit of grief from those around them and tbh I would have no idea whether it's fair or not but what is a certainty is that whatever the club puts their mind to, they do it properly and professionally and not with half measures. If that side was to play Div 1 you know they would be trying to win it. And it's not like there are multiple clubs in the region that would be cannibalised by it - in fact there is a big gap in GC representation at that level of footy

Looks like Div 3&4 South have pretty short priced favourites where in North a number of clubs could win in either division!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What times did the games start last year? Bit frustrating that you earn a spot in granny and have to play it on a back oval in Div 4
7:30 for div 3 south and 8pm for div 4 south last year.

Went over and watched the last part of the div 4 south grand final after the div 3 one. Jeez the second oval looked very average.

They have to stagger the game times as they're only setting up the presentation dais on one field once for both grades to use

The stream of last year's Div 3/4 games at Moreton Bay is a great watch. 10 minutes of looking at the stage backdrop because they set it up where the camera couldn't see it!

Friday night finals advised to have the full compliment of umpires, including boundary. However the boundary umpires aren’t throwing it in. They’re just calling it and handing it back to the field umpires to ball it up as standard during the season.

Friday night finals advised to have the full compliment of umpires, including boundary. However the boundary umpires aren’t throwing it in. They’re just calling it and handing it back to the field umpires to ball it up as standard during the season.
Fair enough and I wonder if that will be the case in the Saturday ressies comp.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

QFA Women's Div 1 and 2 are the same. Apparently with the lasso rule in play too

Probably a more workable solution than suddenly having boundary throwins when we haven't had them all season

If we have boundary umpires who aren't required to throw it in, surely we can have that through the season next year?

QFA Women's Div 1 and 2 are the same. Apparently with the lasso rule in play too

Probably a more workable solution than suddenly having boundary throwins when we haven't had them all season

If we have boundary umpires who aren't required to throw it in, surely we can have that through the season next year?
I don't think it's going to happen mate. There would need to be a massive influx of umpires.
We currently don't have any aflq umpires in any form in the ressies comp.
It's all up to the clubs or no games would go ahead.
On another note it hasn't stopped raining here in Kedron for three days and it's not easing up.
If it doesn't stop and games go ahead it will be back to 80s footy with puddles and mud.
The winner will be the team that gets harder and lower and skill and pace will play no role.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back