QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 1 of Finals for div 3 North comp saw Maroochydore lose to Northshore by only 3 points. North shore to play Caloundra next week. Marcellin accounted for Aspley very comfortably.

Div 4 north first week of finals had an upset in Glasshouse-Hinterland beating Sandgate by 9 points. Glasshouse to play UQ. Ferny Grove beating Kedron comfortably.

Week 2 of finals in South comps. Div 3 -Coorparoo beat Pac Pines by 10 goals to get into their 4th consecutive GF. Moorooka (who finished last and winless last year) beat Collingwood Park and are into a Prelim.

Div 4- Southport beat Eagles comfortably to get into their first GF in their first year. And Greater Springfield defeated Redlands.

Did anyone attend any of those games?

I wouldn't call Glasshouse an upset, they've got a decent list and matched up well with Sandgate and UQ through the year. Wouldn't be surprised if they're there on the last day

A great moment for North Shore last night with one of their players paralysed in an accident earlier this year able to get out of hospital and get to the game. Looks like it was a cracker too

Wowee.

Moorooka with a big win over Pac Pines to advance to the GF to play the undefeated Coorparoo. Massive turn around with Moorooka dead last without a win last year.

Caloundra clearly on another level with a massive win over north shore to advance to the GF. Their first year in div 3 and only second year in the Friday space.

Eagles beat Greater Springfield to go the GF to play the undefeated Southport sharks.

UQ comfortable win over Glasshouse to go to the GF. And Ferny Grove knocking Sandgate out of finals.

Wowee.

Moorooka with a big win over Pac Pines to advance to the GF to play the undefeated Coorparoo. Massive turn around with Moorooka dead last without a win last year.

Caloundra clearly on another level with a massive win over north shore to advance to the GF. Their first year in div 3 and only second year in the Friday space.

Eagles beat Greater Springfield to go the GF to play the undefeated Southport sharks.

UQ comfortable win over Glasshouse to go to the GF. And Ferny Grove knocking Sandgate out of finals.
Good effort by Glasshouse - they are a battling club here on the coast at Landsborough and tend to lose players to both Hinterland and Caloundra at times as well as their juniors move on quickly due to lack of numbers preventing a lot of sides from getting up. To play in the 2nd last week irrespective of being Div 4, is a damn good effort.

Caloundra - that team would be a genuine contender in Div 2 tbf. They have a deep squad but I'm sure the best 22 are running out right now.

Good effort by Glasshouse - they are a battling club here on the coast at Landsborough and tend to lose players to both Hinterland and Caloundra at times as well as their juniors move on quickly due to lack of numbers preventing a lot of sides from getting up. To play in the 2nd last week irrespective of being Div 4, is a damn good effort.

Caloundra - that team would be a genuine contender in Div 2 tbf. They have a deep squad but I'm sure the best 22 are running out right now.
That’s great for Glasshouse- they are in the prelim against Ferny Grove next week to have a final crack at the GF. So great effort. But jeez isn’t Ferny Grove a forgotten club. I assume they still have juniors?

Caloundra have a few former div 1 players running around for them as well. But still a great effort for them to get into their second GF in just their second year.

Some names in that Caloundra team that were absolute Jets at Div 1 level so no surprise they are doing well.

Howse & McGill great players at Springwood no more than half a decade ago.
Rudolph, Ross, Furness all really good for Caloundra at Div 1 level too as well as a couple others.

Some names in that Caloundra team that were absolute Jets at Div 1 level so no surprise they are doing well.

Howse & McGill great players at Springwood no more than half a decade ago.
Rudolph, Ross, Furness all really good for Caloundra at Div 1 level too as well as a couple others.
Furness very good 2s player At Caloundra.won the comp b&f a couple of times at that level. But there are a number of south qld reps in that side and my mail is they will be improved with a couple of additions GF day as well. Unbackable

Furness very good 2s player At Caloundra.won the comp b&f a couple of times at that level. But there are a number of south qld reps in that side and my mail is they will be improved with a couple of additions GF day as well. Unbackable
Will there 3rds being so successful. Will it affect there ressies ? They seemed to struggle a bit this year.

Both south GFs should be interesting.

Div 4 - Southport V Ipswich Eagles

Tips -Southport undefeated and will be too good for the Eagles.

Div 3 Moorooka V Coorparoo.

Tips- Tight contest and one to watch but Coops undefeated as well and think they will out last the chooks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if they've got players still to come in they won't have played a game in over a month before suiting up for the GF!

of course if Roos get through they tend to save their best till the last day. Northshore seemed to have a couple of big outs this week?

Any chance the sunny coast comp gets up next year? Fridays on the sunny coast seem to be a winner with 4 of the 5 teams still alive. Pomona also played in a grand final yesterday!

Both south GFs should be interesting.

Div 4 - Southport V Ipswich Eagles

Tips -Southport undefeated and will be too good for the Eagles.

Div 3 Moorooka V Coorparoo.

Tips- Tight contest and one to watch but Coops undefeated as well and think they will out last the chooks.

Coops and grand finals though!

if they've got players still to come in they won't have played a game in over a month before suiting up for the GF!

of course if Roos get through they tend to save their best till the last day. Northshore seemed to have a couple of big outs this week?

Any chance the sunny coast comp gets up next year? Fridays on the sunny coast seem to be a winner with 4 of the 5 teams still alive. Pomona also played in a grand final yesterday!
Think there will be major changes to Friday night footy next year. Much more aligned with location

Have not transferred a single player at Junior or Senior level in to the Blues in my memory Moods. If you care to look through the playing history of their list you should get a better understanding of who takes players off who.

Have not transferred a single player at Junior or Senior level in to the Blues in my memory Moods. If you care to look through the playing history of their list you should get a better understanding of who takes players off who.
Might have been before your time Bruce (McCoombe boys for instance) - not a criticism btw, clubs are well within their rights to try and recruit anyone half good to a higher division - just that it has always been a battle for Glasshouse looking from afar retaining juniors in particular. When we played juniors against them back in the late 2000's early naughties, and then you find certain boys are playing elsewhere a couple of years later. Just worth applauding i think.

Gee reaching there mate. That was ten years ago and Glasshouse Seniors had been in recess for years. Juniors aging out were going to go somewhere. In the junior space it was a long history of permits or combined teams between the clubs. Whereas other clubs were happy to openly poach away from their junior ranks.

Reality is I think all clubs have done well in the Senior space in spite of the state of juniors on the SC. With Kawana looking to come in and a decision for Pomona and possibly Gympie from what I hear on whether to play in Wide Bay or a new SC Fri night comp there will be lots of old and new rivalries reignited.

Gee reaching there mate. That was ten years ago and Glasshouse Seniors had been in recess for years. Juniors aging out were going to go somewhere. In the junior space it was a long history of permits or combined teams between the clubs. Whereas other clubs were happy to openly poach away from their junior ranks.

Reality is I think all clubs have done well in the Senior space in spite of the state of juniors on the SC. With Kawana looking to come in and a decision for Pomona and possibly Gympie from what I hear on whether to play in Wide Bay or a new SC Fri night comp there will be lots of old and new rivalries reignited.
I agree with you on all that - not sure what the junior numbers are like across the clubs on the SC but with mt creek coming in and even Coolum which has only been in existence 20 years or so but now fully fledged, they may have picked up some of the slack for the decrease in numbers elsewhere. I'm a big believer that the SC fights well above its league in terms of success across senior divisions and even at junior level relative to population.

Yes the likelihood of Kawana putting a side in next year, possibly Gympie and Pomona joining the Fri night scene as well will make for a good localised comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back