Unofficial Preview Qualifying Final, Saturday 7th September 2019, 7.25pm. v Tigers @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I'm ready to move on from the game today already and I think the players will be too(straight after the review) I'm feeling strangely confident that we are a huge chance of winning, we will be a completely different opposition at a sold out heaving Gabbattoir.

So obvious that the main problem was the turnovers and shallow entries early, fix that up and we will be fine.

The players will get a missive amount out of the review of today's game, not unhappy at all, time to move on to the bigger prize, nobody remembers minor premierships.

Ins- Allen Christensen.

Outs- Cedric Cox.

OUT: McStay and Cox
IN:Walker and Mathieson

Adams or Walker to play Full Forward.

Tough on Christensen, but we don’t need another small forward against Richmond.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see if they roll the dice on Walker to try and stretch a Richmond backline that looked pretty comfortable for a long time today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty confident it will be Bundy in for Cedric and that's it, Fages is not going to change it now.

The only changes to that team will be because of injury, no one in the NEAFL is going to be able to come in and make an impact in a high pressure final, not coming off such a soft preparation as NEAFL footy.

IMO they guys on standby for injury will be fellas that have played at least a little bit of AFL footy this season.

ie. Ryan Lester, Josh Walker, Rhys Matheison, Lewy Taylor.

He's not wrong. Wouldn't want anyone else in charge of this group heading into their first finals series in 10 years.

Take the positives, and anything that can be worked on, from the Home and Away season and show the rest of the competition that we're not just making up the numbers.

We'll smash Richmond at the Gabba W1. So much learned this week. My 11 year old said Dizzy needed to go to Riewoldt after Jacks first goal. Fagan was slow to act! Beaten by an 11yo. It's just not the team that will learn from today; the Coaching Dept. will also! Am confident to clean up on a big win V Tigers at the Gabba in 2 weeks!
Rayner must now go! Drop him & trade him! Came back FAT & NO LONGER WORTH IT !!!!! McStay was OK. Rayner is a passenger & MUST NOW GO!!!!!!

He's a waste of space in our Salary Cap!!!!!

Rayner must now go! Drop him & trade him! Came back FAT & NO LONGER WORTH IT !!!!! McStay was OK. Rayner is a passenger & MUST NOW GO!!!!!!

He's a waste of space in our Salary Cap!!!!!

Rayner was a huge part of our pressure today and had 8 tackles (equal second highest on the ground). He is made for finals. No chance he’s going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back